Amberlynn Reid Boycott 04/09 -

clusterfuckk

My soul was empty...so I ate 2 ramens.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 715297

She is only 626 shy of 10,000 lost subscriptions. I have gotta say, I did not see this coming, and I am pretty amazed.

Clearly, she did not see it coming, either.

Some additional numbers to put this more into perspective:

Prior to this week, the worst single day for subscriptions she ever had was a loss of 42 on May 22, 2017. Never before has she lost three digits in a day or a week, let alone five digits. So, this is new for all of us, heheh.

This current haircut has sent her subscriber count back to where it was on Feb, 16, 2019. So, about seven weeks' worth of subscriber growth has been erased. This still puts her ahead of where she was on January 1, 2019, when she had 99,000 subscribers. She experienced her most rapid growth in subscribers ever from January 1 to April 1, increasing her total by 30%.

The current loss represents a 9.2% loss in subscribers. That really is a lot, and there is no indication it is stopping soon...
I'm hoping for under 100K by the time the tidal wave is over. Pray with me.

Gorlax

kiwifarms.net
Just curious: when has this strategy proven successful on Youtube? I would think most people would only double down on their efforts if they feel that someone is insulting their intelligence by pretending nothing's wrong. Rewired Soul and Veronica Wang come to mind. There are consequences for youtubers that try to control the narrative by disabling comments, deleting comments, posting half-ass apologies, "Reflecting" and then going back to business as usual. But maybe these are isolated cases. I think ALR may continue to have the views because people are curious, but she'll never have the respect.
The first thing that came to my mind was SAS-ASMR, who has literally nothing special to offer and whose comment section was absolutely flooded with hate after she too was blamed for false copyright claims. Yet her subscriber count continued to go up, probably because beyond a cheap apology in her description box, she made absolutely no response to what she did whatsoever. People just forgot, and the views for her cringy quote-unquote ASMR eating videos went up and up.
But I think that's the exact reason why it worked for her, and why you're probably right here. Even if Amberlynn does release a few vlogs like nothing's wrong and her subscribers aren't rapidly disappearing, she won't be able to help herself from responding to tweets. Then more clickbaity videos begging for attention; "i have diabetes?!‽", "i am 600lbs...", giving the haydurs she knows they want to see so they'll watch. And if the subs keep going down, we probably will get that meltdown video. People are debating whether she needs her channel for money or for attention, I think it's both but more so attention. That's why she won't succeed- she can't keep her mouth shut long enough for things to pass so she can start earning money again.

Keyboard Warrior

kiwifarms.net
The first thing that came to my mind was SAS-ASMR, who has literally nothing special to offer and whose comment section was absolutely flooded with hate after she too was blamed for false copyright claims. Yet her subscriber count continued to go up, probably because beyond a cheap apology in her description box, she made absolutely no response to what she did whatsoever. People just forgot, and the views for her cringy quote-unquote ASMR eating videos went up and up.
But I think that's the exact reason why it worked for her, and why you're probably right here. Even if Amberlynn does release a few vlogs like nothing's wrong and her subscribers aren't rapidly disappearing, she won't be able to help herself from responding to tweets. Then more clickbaity videos begging for attention; "i have diabetes?!‽", "i am 600lbs...", giving the haydurs she knows they want to see so they'll watch. And if the subs keep going down, we probably will get that meltdown video. People are debating whether she needs her channel for money or for attention, I think it's both but more so attention. That's why she won't succeed- she can't keep her mouth shut long enough for things to pass so she can start earning money again.
Ooooh, I forgot about SAS. Good one! She's an outlier, but also makes 5-6 figures a month to eat duck embryos and giant plates of sashami, so wtf am I doing with my life? lol Amber should take a lesson out of her playbook, but I agree--she won't and it wouldn't work for her anyway since she's already proven to be such a manipulative liar in all areas of her life.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net
Her subscriber count now seems to be approaching equilibrium; the unsubscribes are no longer powering through the new subscribes. She's been around 119,950 for some time now. We may be seeing the end of the dropping numbers soon.

If so, a 10,000 subscriber haircut was achieved. That's something. And if she uploads something obnoxious again, the exodus might resume. If it doesn't, and this is all that happens, I don't see much long-term effect beyond her toning down the sass for a week or two. But still, it is a nice bitch slap. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
She’s a big gorl,
Loves Orange Chicken,
She’s a big gorl,
Crazy bout Miley,
Loves Twinkie and the snack food too,
And it’s a long day living in Kentucky,
Getting hosed down out in the back yard,
And I’m a haydur, cause I won’t even miss her,
And I’m a haydur, pointing out her fart

Cause her sub count’s free fallin’
Yeah it’s free fallin’

Pog Mathoin

kiwifarms.net
I think the funniest thing in all of this is that while she was rapidly gaining subscribers over the last few months, she genuinely thought that people were watching because they liked her and her content. I mean who wouldn't be enthralled by such an sassy, dainty, fashion-forward, erudite princess? I don't think it ever really occurred to her that the vast majority of new subscribers were simply there to watch a (barely) living, breathing human train-wreck. Narcissism in action right there.

Kelly Bundy

I can be anything I want to be. It's the '90s.
kiwifarms.net
Well look at that, didn't expect this boycott to actually achieve anything but losing 10k in a few days is a big deal. Isn't Friday Amber's upload day? If she chooses to upload that pre-recorded video she was talking about, she'll lose more subs. Overall it's nice to get some action into this bed bound saga.

JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
kiwifarms.net
I’ll admit I was wrong too. I thought that she would only lose 5,000 or less subscribers from this. Nonetheless, it’s the views that really make the money and not the subscribers anyway. That said, it’s nice to have more drama because Al has made some very boring vlogs lately. If Al really wants to get a lot of views, she should show everyone her bare legs. She knows she’s a freak show anyway, so she may as well capitalize off of it more before she dies because we all know our gorl isn’t losing any weight. Funerals are expensive and Al is going to need that Adsense money for a giant casket and a burial plot.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino