Amberlynn Reid Boycott 04/09 -

Prince Lotor

It's my fucking day off! What?
kiwifarms.net
I don't remember seeing this posted yet, this video is her initial cunty SnapChat response video.
Apparently the 'boycott' is supposed to 'officially' start on 4/9, this is just the ramp up to it, and everyone participating is actually supposed to: not watch her videos, leave no comments on her channel, and everyone will only watch the 'Haydur' channel's videos. . .everyone is supposed to completely ignore her. . .until she like changes and actually takes her weight-loss seriously, stops acting like a cunt, is accountable, etc. or some shit; basically it's some 'Mean Girls' tier plan to shun her until she's not a lying cunt.

Clearly this is a well thought out plan that's going to work fantastically because this is exactly what the psychology literature recommends as a cure to people far down the Cluster-B spectrum who also happen to be complete morons :roll:

There seems to be a bit of a perfect storm snowball effect happening with this 'Unsubening' so we will have to see if anything actually happens to her views and comments once the 'boycott' starts. I'm honestly probably going to have more fun watching these drama hounds try and fail at ignoring her. I will be somewhat impressed if they can curb their need to scoff at how much better than Hamber thay are, and circlejerk in the comments for upboats.

ETA: She got 195K views today, so far this has doubled her daily viewcount :lit: Yeah, this is going to go great. . .for anyone who just wants something to laugh at :biggrin:

Last edited:

DoAFlip

kiwifarms.net
Amber doesn't upload on Tuesdays, so why that day specifically?

Besides, as long as the train wreck continues, people will keep watching.
Ok yes there are some people that will keep watching and clicking on her videos directly...but for those who see through her bullshit and secretly want her to get her shit together, we have to do this collectively. I've been a stripper, a salesperson, and a waitress... but eating myself into an early grave and trolling people on the internet are not things I would do..she's making a mockery out of herself for a living. She deserves better.

Qi Meng Dealer

No one's idea of a hot date
kiwifarms.net
Whelp, she closed out the day with a record high number of views. I guess any publicity is good publicity. Somebody's going to eat!
This is why there are doubts as to the usefulness of this boycott outside of getting a small rise out of Hamber and seeing a nice live counter move. Unsub all they want, but if they're still coming back to shit talk and pray that their comment gets enough "likes" to rise to the top of the comment thread, this is all an exercise in futility. As long as Hamber's YouTubey checks are coming, she'll be fine.

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
kiwifarms.net
basically it's some 'Mean Girls' tier plan to shun her until she's not a lying cunt.

Clearly this is a well thought out plan that's going to work fantastically because this is exactly what the psychology literature recommends as a cure to people far down the Cluster-B spectrum who also happen to be complete morons :roll:
Well, nothing else has worked. shrug Maybe you have to act like a middle school cunt to get through to someone with the mentality of a middle school cunt. It's like fighting fire with fire, but with more glitter pens.

This is why there are doubts as to the usefulness of this boycott outside of getting a small rise out of Hamber and seeing a nice live counter move.
I suppose I have simple tastes, but that sounds good to me. I do think her channel is inevitably going to fade into obscurity sooner or later. But the very most this little stunt can do is keep the drama flowing, and it's already been way more effective than it had any right to be. I'm just enjoying the circus.

SAVE TWINKIE!

kiwifarms.net
I suppose I have simple tastes, but that sounds good to me. I do think her channel is inevitably going to fade into obscurity sooner or later. But the very most this little stunt can do is keep the drama flowing, and it's already been way more effective than it had any right to be. I'm just enjoying the circus.
Exactly. This was never going to impact her financially because people can't help themselves but leave LOL I'M BOYCOTTING AND SHE MAD' comments on her videos. They can't resist the urge to do that any more than they can resist the urge to leave "got here faster than..." comments. It's still funny to see her get butt flustered over it and that's good enough for me

pinkbutterfly

kiwifarms.net
I really am not a fan of ganging up on YouTubers to take them down; for every sad-sack mukbanger, an intelligent YouTuber whose views might be inconsistent with others could be targeted in similar fashion. I think it is kind of a lefty impulse, which makes me wary of it. But if you want to dismantle someone's YouTube empire, hitting their subscriptions is really central to what has to be accomplished. And Rome was not sacked in a day.
There are some great examples of this in the beauty guru 'community' - they're so inconsistent with who will get called out and boycotted. It ends up as this giant mob of people who don't actually give a shit about the issues they're yelling about. If they did, they'd apply their rules fairly to all creators. But instead they just like jumping on board these idiotic virtue signalling causes because they're a horde of catty bitches.

(Yeah a lot of KF are catty bitches too, but at least we own it).

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
This post will probably earn a few well deserved "late", but I suspect this boycott thing will actually increase Amber's view$ for a little while.

IMO the interest in Amber's videos were steadily and organically declining. The reason her cycles increased in speed was because she had absolutely nothing else to vlog about. In a way the boycott gave her new content to talk about.

Amber freaking out about subs makes me think that subscriptions are more than just a QoL thing for YT users. OTOH, it could be just her vanity taking the better of her. Still, for as long as there are talks about this boycott, there will be a renewed interest in Amber.

I wonder how long it will last and also wonder if Amber will be stupid enough to make a video after this blows over bragging about how much money she made out of this.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net
I don't know what will happen with her views, but the grumbling among the boycott supporters about her views increasing the last few days is silly. Of course they increased; people wanted to see what all the hullabaloo was about. Also, many of the impulsive un-subscriptions were triggered by her Shrimp video, so seeing it was a prerequisite to unsubscribing.

Insofar as losing 10,000 subscribers will have an effect on overall views in the longer term, it ought to reduce them by about 8% or so, which is how much her subscriber count declined by. Out of sight, out of mind. A lot of the unsubscribers will move on to other things and only pop back in when something truly dramatic happens. Things have been so boring lately, I think people were just waiting for an excuse to unsubscribe. So, in a week or two when this all dies down, there ought to be a modest dip in views per video.

However, once this dies down, new subscribers will probably start outpacing un-subscribers again, and despite a 2-month setback, she'll eventually reach 130,000 subscribers again.

The most interesting thing that could happen would be for her video today (if there is one...) to hit all the wrong buttons in the audience again, and she gets slapped with another 10,000 subscribers lost. While that still leaves a good deal more subscribed than she had as recently as January, it might spare the lives of some innocent shrimp for a few months.

The real value in all of this is the tremendous bitch slap it delivered at precisely the right moment. That had the ring of justice to it, regardless of whether she keeps raking in the dough.

Mangy Mutt

spreading disease
kiwifarms.net
If they really want Hamber to lose money, they can just come here. We can discuss her cunty behavior, and she can’t moderate here. Less engagement for Hamber on YouTube means less deathfat money.

(No powerlevelling, tho. No one wants to hear your shitty life story, k?) :story:
While we're at it, might as well invite all those Facebook group bitches over here too. :shit-eating:

ThatGayElfFromDragonAge

Meh
kiwifarms.net
Ok yes there are some people that will keep watching and clicking on her videos directly...but for those who see through her bullshit and secretly want her to get her shit together, we have to do this collectively. I've been a stripper, a salesperson, and a waitress... but eating myself into an early grave and trolling people on the internet are not things I would do..she's making a mockery out of herself for a living. She deserves better.
No. She really doesn't.

Birthday Dickpunch

hugs pls \(ouo)/
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's say hypothetically she deserves better... Ok? And? She could choose better at literally any moment. She chooses every day instead to eat herself into an early grave while being as cunty as possible about it.

Are we catty bitches who mock her? Yup. We didn't decide to turn her life into a freakshow, though. That was her decision.

Collectively or not, we can't make better choices for her. If you really think a goofy boycott is going to snap her into shape you clearly have missed out on the many "epiphany" videos she's done.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino