Amberlynn Reid General Discussion - 550lb Vlogger, Liar, Leech, Mooch, Drama Queen

When will Amber admit to being diagnosed with the beetus?

• Tomorrow

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Next month

Votes: 16 3.8%
  • 2 months

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • 3 months

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • 6 months

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Never

Votes: 301 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Recent Lurker

kiwifarms.net
That sounds like bullshit tbh
Obviously I dont think its powerleveling but I have had to deal with admitting a family member into a psych ward and its true about the clothes. We had to bring in clothes (the hospital doesnt give you any) and a lot of it because they will not wash your clothes for you in there. No shoelaces, bras with underwire, pants with fasteners, etc. Also about how it was weird that they let her out early, its not. Its REALLY expensive to be admitted and especially if you have no medical insurance. Only the legit crazies stay in for prolonged periods.

xenomorph

I've got more demons where that came from.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 564011

Amberlynn Reid: Pioneer in successful weight loss.
Explain to me how her Mom deserves anything after all the shit she has done to her children? Im sorry but I dont subscribe to addicts wiping slates clean and not having to atone for the shit they created. For someone who blames her parents addictions for their station in life; why would she wish any good will on her Mother?

Last edited:

hotcheetospuffs

kiwifarms.net
They both have really painted their selves into a corner. They have to stay fat to survive, yet they have to lose weight to survive too. It’s quite the pickle that they have gotten themselves into.

Since she was 17, she was probably able to go on her own. This is for Illinois, but I have a feeling that the guidelines for admission and discharge are probably pretty much the same across the board.
https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/children-and-mental-health-facilities

I haven’t looked for a reason why in the world she would be banned from knives for 10 years (except for her terrible knive skills). I have never ever heard about this before, does anyone else know?
Well the knife thing must've been a total lie, because supposively her first job was selling Cut-co knives door to door. (something I've noticed a lot of foster kids end up doing, that and selling magazines, and chocolate bars.

frootloops

kiwifarms.net
Many mental health wards have timed showers, they are similar to public beach or poolside showers in that the water will run for just a few seconds so that the person using them has to repeatedly press the button to have a constant flow of water at 10 second intervals. At public places it conserves water and minimizes risk. In mental institutions or wards shower rooms, nurses can stand near the door and hear/monitor whether the shower is being used.

Obs are common at all times on most closed wards (usually 15-30 mins). Shower times are usually restricted to 10-15 minutes maximum. Patients can usually lock the door so that other patients can't open it but the nurses have a key.

No way did she share a ward with adults if she was a minor or still under the jurisdiction of child services. Her lying is almost as pathological as her inhability to put down the fork and her chronic narcissism.

The fact that she's giving her Mom advice on losing weight is hilarious. "You're lucky, you don't have an eating disorder (read 'excuse') like me. It should be so easy for anyone but me...blah blah, nobody has it as bad as me."

I'm sure her Mom has some real shower horror stories though... (:_(

I assume you are not from Canada. You are incorrect with this information at least based in my Countries laws & policies, not to be :powerlevel::powerlevel: but in Canada we don't really call them "mental health wards", we do have some Mental Health Centers, Crisis Units and Psych-wards for those who are in need of a short term stay for assessment of medications and diagnoses needs, if at high risk of themselves or others. They don't generally time your showers but they will do check up's and make sure u don't over do the time your showers up to 30 minutes but it is not a set policy with in government regulations, it can vary depending on each individual's situation and reasons/life situations, etc..

Also Amber just needs to like get major help, tho not sure what can help her, shes still so much in denial, it feels almost pointless at this point.

I am not sure

Rabbit Bones

If he fuck me good I take his ass to Red Lobster
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol every psych ward I've been in REQUIRES you to shower at least once a day, and wear clean clothes. If you don't want to shower, you can't use any of the common rooms outside of meals and therapy.

All the wards I've been to let you bring (appropriate) clothing, or they provide scrubs. The last place I was at had a closet of donated clothes so you wouldn't have to wear scrubs if you didn't want to. In Ambers case.... none of that shit would fit her. Even in her teenaged years, she may have been too big for scrubs. Most hospitals don't carry over a 2-3 xl in normal departments.

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure that a hospital would have scrubs her size, even way back then she was really fat. Not all hospitals keep scrubs on hand, the ones that do tend to order large scrubs as a one size fits all type of deal.

SAVE TWINKIE!

kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to :powerlevel: about how I know this but when someone is admitted to psychiatric intensive care (which is what psych wards are) you go into this tiny room and stand there naked and get checked (any bags you bring in will be thorougly searched as well, of course).

If you're a guy you will lift up your nutsack. And if you're a female you will lift up your breasts and gunt, if applicable. You will turn around and show your ass crack. We literally have to check to make sure you aren't smuggling in a tiny razor between one of your fat folds. This does apply to juveniles.

If someone was so unstable that they couldn't be trusted to shower even in a safe environment with nothing they could use to hurt themselves, that's the kind of person that would be kept in restraints. If anything, one is encouraged to shower and do their laundry because doing these things help people feel better, period.

e: to add, as I said the psych ward is an intestive care unit. They are trying to get people out of there as quickly as possible, to make room for more. It's unusual that someone would stay in the ward long enough that their lack of hygeine would become unbearable. If it's a longer-term program (or I guess a smaller market where there isn't as much demand on the hospital) there would probably be guidelines where you're required to not be a pig at the risk of being kicked out/sent back to the intensive care unit.

I don't know why I'm sperging about this but it's just fascinating the things she lies about.

Last edited:

Rabbit Bones

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, every hospital is different. There's no universal rule for admittance into a psych unit, or how the units function. I've been to several, and I've never been strip searched. I've never had timed showers. I'll be frank, I didn't watch Hambers video about the psych ward so I don't really know what she goes into, but it may not be a lie just because it didn't vibe with what happened when you went to the hospital.

Rabbit Bones

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, that is 100% a lie. She may not have wanted to bathe because there could have been a communal aspect to it... that's my guess.

Amy Slaton admitted to being 359 pounds the other day. Even fucking Amy Slaton is smaller than Amber. And by quite a bit. I was honestly amazed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faggot Gift

kiwifarms.net
youre 100% right. Before Hate-Watching Amberlynn, I was Hate-Watching a show called "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" with the whale known as Whitney Way Thore. I see a lot ofparallelss between ALR and WWT. But the most jarring parellel is that they both are trapped in their respective mediums (TV/YouTube) in an endless cycle of starting over as they shuffle between "I'm gonna lose weight" and failing to do so and then starting over.

Furthermore, Whitney Thore and Amberlynn are STUCK because they know they get hate-views and if they lost their weight most people wouldn't give a shit anymore. They believe their obesity makes them unique and defines them. So they've become expert trolls and self-parodies.

And, of course, for both of them, their respective mediums are the worst thing that could've happened for them. They are not employable in any way, and so all they are good for is sharing their exciting lives with viewers who only are watching to witness how the land-whale behaves around normal humans.
I remember when that show came on, I wasn't going on the internet much at that point so I didn't really care but I remember thinking from the name and everything it was going to glorify obesity. But it's basically a televised version of AL? I guess I shouldn't be surprised there's something like that

Tiny Clanger

Warp Factor Dial set to: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Obviously I dont think its powerleveling but I have had to deal with admitting a family member into a psych ward and its true about the clothes. We had to bring in clothes (the hospital doesnt give you any) and a lot of it because they will not wash your clothes for you in there. No shoelaces, bras with underwire, pants with fasteners, etc. Also about how it was weird that they let her out early, its not. Its REALLY expensive to be admitted and especially if you have no medical insurance. Only the legit crazies stay in for prolonged periods.
That attitude of "I'm the only sane one and I'm smarter than them all" is also prevalent in mental health.

It's very bizarre, but the patient/staff dynamic is very confrontational even for patients who have entered voluntarily. I heard the exact same thing from a friend and I couldn't really understand it but whether voluntary or not, anyone ill enough to end up on a psych ward (here, anyway) has lost any feeling of agency or control in their lives. I think its likely a defence mechanism to comfort themselves but, like so much to do with mental illness, its self-defeating. They think they're outwitting the staff somehow, but a) they're not and b) er.....why? Fucking let them help you and get out of this shithole seems like the sensible plan to me, but MH isn't that simple.

I don't believe a lot of Amber's schtick tho. It's too slick, it's a narrative, and there are none of the memory holes that would be normal. No way she'll know this but memory is a very plastic and friable thing and especially in extreme circumstances. It's a story and, whether conscious or not, she's filled in the gaps. And, being Amber, she's filled them in with a load of dramatics.

I'm not (for once!) going to declare she's lying because I think the basics of the story are true. Beyond that, it's impossible to tell what are conscious embellishments and what are subconscious memory fills. But this video irks me for another reason - she's so fucking lahdidah. Mental illness to hospitalisation level is serious, its terrifying for the afflicted and its widely misunderstood. This heffalump is blithely adding to the general misconceptions - for instance, IF she couldn't shower she would have been told, very clearly, why (no nurse available, extreme risk of self-harm, whatever.) But she just goes for the boogeyman drama, and anyone watching who is dealing with mental health issues could easily be scared off from asking for help.

Ps. @SAVE TWINKIE! It depends on the level of obs and restriction. Hospital engineers put as many safety-features in psych wards as they possibly can - no shower heads, break-away everything, moulded fixtures, no corners etc etc etc. But the determination of the acutely suicidal will find a way, and any source of water and towel - or even loo-roll - is all you need to attempt to drown yourself if determined enough. I don't believe her (at most, maybe high obs first 24 hours) but, in extremis, psychiatric hospitals may have to forbid showering. But in five days, they'll either observe bathing - there are translucent screens, usually - or, for the catatonic or oppositional, carry out bed-baths. As others have said, it differs from place to place and the age of the facility, but the dangers of bathrooms are well understood and managed. Just not by Big Al.

Last edited:

kiwifarms.net
Explain to me how her Mom deserves anything after all the shit she has done to her children? Im sorry but I dont subscribe to addicts wiping slates clean and not having to atone for the shit they created. For someone who blames her parents addictions for their station in life; why would she wish any good will on her Mother?
In the same post she says her mom deserves good she also says atleast you don't have an eating disorder. Doesn't AL blame her binge monster on her parents and childhood? Maybe AL is tricking her mom into following her rice and orange chicken diet so she also balloons to 550lbs. Like how Becky is gaining even though she doesn't have an eating disorder. It's revenge for the shitty childhood.

FitBitch

I'm going to be a little rough
kiwifarms.net
In the same post she says her mom deserves good she also says atleast you don't have an eating disorder. Doesn't AL blame her binge monster on her parents and childhood? Maybe AL is tricking her mom into following her rice and orange chicken diet so she also balloons to 550lbs. Like how Becky is gaining even though she doesn't have an eating disorder. It's revenge for the shitty childhood.
I love how in a post where she congratulates her mom and wishes her well she still has to insert her own pity party into it.

"EATING DISORDER! I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER! BEING A WHALE ISN'T MY FAULT IT'S AN EATING DISORDER!" However, she's not wrong. No one hits 600 pounds without disordered eating, she's just misdiagnosing herself with BED when she doesn't really display those behaviors. Allow me to settle in to my psychology armchair and presume that Amber's childhood experiences with addict parents is why she's so averse to calling herself a food addict even though it seems so so obvious to anyone watching. There's not a minute that goes by where she's not thinking about food. Even when talking about weight loss she's trying to work out a way to eat as much as possible and still lose. Unfortunately for Amber the laws of thermodynamics and CICO don't have loopholes.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino