Amberlynn Reid General Discussion - 550lb Vlogger, Liar, Leech, Mooch, Drama Queen

ADHD

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I saw a video when hamber said she was taking phentermine and I was like lol bitch your not. Phentermine is similar to meth. You'll literally not eat for a day or more. It suppresses your appetite but raises your blood pressure. Morbidly obese or not a doctor would have to screen you to see if your heart can take the strain. One glance at amber and I know even with a nursing degree that is a death wish. A real docter if prescribing diet pills would and that's if they don't require hamber to diet and excercise prescribe contrave. She doesn't exhibit the jitterness of taking
phentermine and given my knowledge and experience at most she won't be eating for dayzz.
That video is from 3 years ago and she only took it for a couple days.

bev

kiwifarms.net
I think I saw a video when hamber said she was taking phentermine and I was like lol bitch your not. Phentermine is similar to meth. You'll literally not eat for a day or more. It suppresses your appetite but raises your blood pressure. Morbidly obese or not a doctor would have to screen you to see if your heart can take the strain. One glance at amber and I know even with a nursing degree that is a death wish. A real docter if prescribing diet pills would and that's if they don't require hamber to diet and excercise prescribe contrave. She doesn't exhibit the jitterness of taking
phentermine and given my knowledge and experience at most she won't be eating for dayzz.
Yup thats why i believe she never took it period. I've seen 500 pound binge eaters take it. They literally have no appetite for food for atleast a day and its very hard to buy illegally given its a diet pill.
The video:

She never claimed that she still had an appetite. Rather, she claimed that she needed to eat because she literally hadn't eaten all day. I believe it was either still in the trial phase or she was given an extremely small dose.
Yeah, Amber lies but you have to think for yourself otherwise you look naive as fuck.

What's more likely:

- Fatass Amber is a fatass who can't stop eating and gave up on a pharmaceutical weight loss plan in a day bc she wasn't getting enough caloreeeeeees or

- Fatass Amber did independent research to find a weight loss pill (along with the subsequent side effects) in order to make a small trilogy of videos pretending that she took experimental appetite suppressants that didn't work. All while she had less than 50K subs.

Use that nursin' noggin of yours.

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, it raised her blood pressure. But she was young, probably lied to the doctor about how active she was, and probably wasn't meant to be on it long-term -- more of a "kick start" to her weight loss than a lifetime solution.

But the blood pressure was a handy excuse for her to "get scared" and quit. Remember, she "wasn't even hongry!" and had to "force" herself to eat pizza. Fast forward to this past summer where her doctor's plan had "too much sodium" and it scared her so she had to quit after 18 hours. Or Optavia, where she "wasn't even hongry!" but was worried that it was lidurally starving her.

In other words, you're acting like 1) she actually wants to lose weight 2) her food consumption is even marginally related to her hunger or physical needs and 3) like we haven't been hearing the same excuses and cuntismugness about what "works for her" for half a decade.

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
In other words, you're acting like 1) she actually wants to lose weight 2) her food consumption is even marginally related to her hunger or physical needs and 3) like we haven't been hearing the same excuses and cuntismugness about what "works for her" for half a decade.
Exactly!!! It doesn't take a medical degree to realize: Phentermine is for people who want to suppress their appetite. It might be odd to us that a food addict wouldn't want to take a magic pill to stop binging, but we're not food addicts (and I think someone can reach her weight w/o being a food addict, lack of self-control is a different issue). So... Food. Addict. Her need to consume food isn't physical, it's mental. Many alcoholics don't fill their prescriptions for antabuse, I've read about junkies ripping out naltrexone implants. If a pill prevents amber from comfort eating, she's not going to want to take it. Blood pressure has nothing to do with it, it was just a convenient excuse. Obese people usually have HBP, the pill is designed for obese patients, the risk of obesity probably outweighs the risk of phentermine in many cases. But it's a diet pill, that requires limiting food. Amber can't deal if she can't stuff herself full. I'm sure that's one of the things that's preventing her from getting weight loss surgery. She can't imagine life without her addiction.

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Exactly!!! It doesn't take a medical degree to realize: Phentermine is for people who want to suppress their appetite. It might be odd to us that a food addict wouldn't want to take a magic pill to stop binging, but we're not food addicts (and I think someone can reach her weight w/o being a food addict, lack of self-control is a different issue). So... Food. Addict. Her need to consume food isn't physical, it's mental. Many alcoholics don't fill their prescriptions for antabuse, I've read about junkies ripping out naltrexone implants. If a pill prevents amber from comfort eating, she's not going to want to take it. Blood pressure has nothing to do with it, it was just a convenient excuse. Obese people usually have HBP, the pill is designed for obese patients, the risk of obesity probably outweighs the risk of phentermine in many cases. But it's a diet pill, that requires limiting food. Amber can't deal if she can't stuff herself full. I'm sure that's one of the things that's preventing her from getting weight loss surgery. She can't imagine life without her addiction.
Yeah. If a normal person took a magic pill that totally killed their appetite, they'd lose weight. It doesn't matter if they started off overweight or not, and it doesn't matter if half their calories came from eating when they weren't hungry to begin with -- no hunger = vastly reduced food intake.

Likewise, if a normal person replaced two meals a day with a Slimfast shake (or whatever) or cut fat/carbs/fast food/whatever out of their diet, they'd lose weight. Even if they replaced some of those missing calories with extra helpings at dinner, they'd still have a net reduction of their daily calorie intake and thus would gradually deporkify.

AL is not normal. If she did keto, she'd eat three pounds of bacon a day to make up for the empty space in her life left by carbs. If she went vegan, she'd eat potatoes and rice every waking moment. If she went low fat, she'd eat nothing but fat-free ice cream until she choked. Then she'd announce that these diets don't work for her, and furthermore, denying herself "made" her binge uncontrollably later. It's exactly the same with appetite suppressants. She'll do whatever it takes to keep eating, even if she's not hungry.

And you know, even that wouldn't put her beyond redemption if she'd only realize she actually has a problem and actually do what a doctor tells her to do. But she doesn't want to get better. Her excuses and rationalizations are so absurd at this point that even someone with her limited IQ (and EQ) can't possibly believe them. On some level, she has to know she's full of shit.

But she represses that knowledge and actively chooses to live the life she's living. So... Nothing for the rest of us to do but point and laugh.

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
@GargoyleGorl so true!!

The phrase "eating my feelings" exists for a reason. I think we've all had days where we consume a ridiculous amount of food from waking up till it's time to go to sleep. Maybe after a job loss, or breakup, or general stress, whatever. So I think just about everyone knows what a binge is like (and to be like amber here, our binges aren't the same as what she'd consider a binge, blah, blah). But then we realize a day doing destructive wallowing is comforting, two days is messed up and we go back to our normal eating habits not because we want to, but because every human knows cause and effect when a comfort food smorgasbord is involved. I'm saying all this not to be like oh, we're so much better than her, but like we've all been her in one of her eating her feels moments. She insists nobody understands. Everyone does. What we don't understand is the lack of attempt to mitigate it.

You made a good point about her lack of EQ. She can't distinguish between the feels to eat, and the feels that just come with life. And then there are the feels she fabricates to justify escaping with food.

She doesn't need any more weight doctors, she needs a good psychiatrist, a good therapist and to go to some sort of overeater's anonymous (is that a real thing or was it just on mike and molly?). She needs a food sobriety sponsor to talk her down from unhinging her jaw and hoovering up the contents of her kitchen. Every damn day. A diet is useless without that.

On the plus side: none of that will happen, so there will be no end of videos to point and laugh at.

Damaged Goods

Harvard's vegan propaganda
kiwifarms.net
But she was young, probably lied to the doctor about how active she was, and probably wasn't meant to be on it long-term -- more of a "kick start" to her weight loss than a lifetime solution.
There was no doctor. Destiny's mom got it for her

Many alcoholics don't fill their prescriptions for antabuse
Or they drink on top of taking it no matter how sick it makes them at first until their body is forced to adapt to it. Your entire post is spot on

If she went vegan, she'd eat potatoes and rice every waking moment.
When she famously went vegan for 3 days she ate 8 cups of rice a day and cited that as the reason veganism doesn't work for her :story:

Last edited:

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There was no doctor. Destiny's mom got it for her

Or they drink on top of taking it no matter ow sick it makes them at first until their body is forced to adapt to it. Your entire post is spot on

When she famously went vegan for 3 days she ate 8 cups of rice a day and cited that as the reason veganism doesn't work for her :story:
I missed that bit about Mama Dust. How was she monitoring her blood pressure, then? Did a doctor say, "Gee, your blood pressure is high. You should lose some weight" prompting AL to stop taking the pills? Or was she measuring her BP at Walgreen's or whatever and arbitrarily decided it was "too high" after three days?

I ask because I remember her saying that her blood pressure has always been "slightly elevated" except for when she was on phentermine, when it was "stroke-high". (I think this was last winter when the singing doctor wanted AL to join the office weight loss challenge, and "diagnosed" AL with blood pressure medication.) She definitely acted as though she'd been at risk of more than missing out on her next bag of Cheetos. I'd like clarification, is all.

Damaged Goods

Harvard's vegan propaganda
kiwifarms.net
I missed that bit about Mama Dust. How was she monitoring her blood pressure, then? Did a doctor say, "Gee, your blood pressure is high. You should lose some weight" prompting AL to stop taking the pills? Or was she measuring her BP at Walgreen's or whatever and arbitrarily decided it was "too high" after three days?
Do you really see AL monitoring her blood pressure? She didn't. She stopped taking the pill because she wanted to, plain and simple. She did measure her blood pressure every once in a while at the mall or something (could very well be Walgreen's) and wouldn't you know? What she said about it varied. Sometimes she said it was only slightly elevated, other times she said it was normal. The high BP was just an excuse.

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it was BOLTH. She does freak the fuck out when anything happens to her. When her doctor told her she probably has sleep apnea because duh she's 600 pounds she was so spooked she said give me surgery right now I'll pay cash. So I do believe she was worried about her hort when she took the phentermine. I think she also didn't really want to take it and was paying lip service to Destiny's mom, playing along like she wanted to change.

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do you really see AL monitoring her blood pressure? She didn't. She stopped taking the pill because she wanted to, plain and simple. She did measure her blood pressure every once in a while at the mall or something (could very well be Walgreen's) and wouldn't you know? What she said about it varied. Sometimes she said it was only slightly elevated, other times she said it was normal. The high BP was just an excuse.
It gives the feeling of higher blood pressure, you can experience a 'pounding' sensation in your chest. That may have freaked her but I guarantee that not eating constantly all day freaked her more.
I see. She sure did try to give the impression that it was all legit, and I fell for it.

It's my own fault for not assuming lidurally everything she says (or even vaguely implies) is a lie. I'll go sit on the little r'tard step for a while.

fxiry

kiwifarms.net