Amberlynn Reid General Discussion - 550lb Vlogger, Liar, Leech, Mooch, Drama Queen

needs tree fitty

I thought he’d go away if I gave him a dolla
kiwifarms.net
1623280733259.png

Imagine calling this your job and this is all the riveting content you've made in the last 2 weeks...

Annie Adderall

we should totally just stab caesar
kiwifarms.net
Did anyone hear of the "revolutionary" new extreme weight loss medication that the American FDA just approved? It's called Wegovy (semaglutide), and I couldn't find it in a search of this thread.

FDA Article + Archive

Non-medfag Article Summary:
The drug targets parts of the brain that regulate appetite, and the dose is increased every week. (It's injectable.) The average participant lost 12.4% of their body weight over an up to 68 week period. However, the average participant was much smaller than our gorl. The average BMI of the fattest group in the study was 38, and the average weight was 105 kg/231 lbs. I've heard people guess that AL's BMI is now over 100. I wonder if she'd qualify. The press release said Wegovy could be used on patients who are diabetic with special precautions. It's the first extreme WL drug that's been approved by the FDA in over five years.

It seems far more obtainable than WLS. If this drug is the miracle worker the news has made it out to be, it might not give deathfats the option to binge because their brain will be screaming that they're disgustingly full. But AL will probably find a way to fuck it up. She has a talent for that. I'm sure she'll bring it up soon because she loves a shortcut, and this is being sold as a shortcut (that is supposed to be combined some icky diet and exercise.)

lymphadainty

kiwifarms.net
Did anyone hear of the "revolutionary" new extreme weight loss medication that the American FDA just approved? It's called Wegovy (semaglutide), and I couldn't find it in a search of this thread.

FDA Article + Archive

Non-medfag Article Summary:
The drug targets parts of the brain that regulate appetite, and the dose is increased every week. (It's injectable.) The average participant lost 12.4% of their body weight over an up to 68 week period. However, the average participant was much smaller than our gorl. The average BMI of the fattest group in the study was 38, and the average weight was 105 kg/231 lbs. I've heard people guess that AL's BMI is now over 100. I wonder if she'd qualify. The press release said Wegovy could be used on patients who are diabetic with special precautions. It's the first extreme WL drug that's been approved by the FDA in over five years.

It seems far more obtainable than WLS. If this drug is the miracle worker the news has made it out to be, it might not give deathfats the option to binge because their brain will be screaming that they're disgustingly full. But AL will probably find a way to fuck it up. She has a talent for that. I'm sure she'll bring it up soon because she loves a shortcut, and this is being sold as a shortcut (that is supposed to be combined some icky diet and exercise.)
Fun fact: wegovy is just a higher dose of ozempic

I call shenanigans

kiwifarms.net
Fun fact: wegovy is just a higher dose of ozempic
Exactly. Wegovy is a 2.4mg dose of semaglutide (same manufacturer and same drug as Ozempic). Ozempic is capped at 1mg dose per week, which is what Foodie Beauty currently takes and struggles with the gastrointestinal side effects. Just imagine how ALR would handle more than double the dose Chantal takes. Plus there's the cost issue. Chantal bitches about the $300/month cost (and that's with her insurance), according to what cost information is currently out there for Wegovy, ALR will looking at around $1350/month.

Edit to add: To put this cost into perspective, Stella Williams vlogged yesterday that her VSG surgety in Mexico a week ago cost her $4200 all up...so about the equivalent of 3 months of Wegovy. Her Q&A WLS vlog was interesting in that she said even though she has medical insurance, to use that for her WLS meant a 5 month wait to get an appointment to start a mandatory 6 month monitored weightloss program with the bariatric surgeon, and even then she would have to pay approx $6200 deductible...so she crossed the border and had it done in Mexico quickly and for less $$$.

Last edited:

Mesh Gear Fox

What were once vices are now habits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It seems far more obtainable than WLS. If this drug is the miracle worker the news has made it out to be, it might not give deathfats the option to binge because their brain will be screaming that they're disgustingly full. But AL will probably find a way to fuck it up. She has a talent for that.
She was on Phentermine years ago, and despite not having an appetite, was inhaling pizza. She actually ate through the phentermine. Wegovy will have the same results.

lymphadainty

kiwifarms.net
Exactly. Wegovy is a 2.4mg dose of semaglutide (same manufacturer and same drug as Ozempic). Ozempic is capped at 1mg dose per week, which is what Foodie Beauty currently takes and struggles with the gastrointestinal side effects. Just imagine how ALR would handle more than double the dose Chantal takes. Plus there's the cost issue. Chantal bitches about the $300/month cost (and that's with her insurance), according to what cost information is currently out there for Wegovy, ALR will looking at around $1350/month.

Edit to add: To put this cost into perspective, Stella Williams vlogged yesterday that her VSG surgety in Mexico a week ago cost her $4200 all up...so about the equivalent of 3 months of Wegovy. Her Q&A WLS vlog was interesting in that she said even though she has medical insurance, to use that for her WLS meant a 5 month wait to get an appointment to start a mandatory 6 month monitored weightloss program with the bariatric surgeon, and even then she would have to pay approx $6200 deductible...so she crossed the border and had it done in Mexico quickly and for less $$$.
I don't know how the costs differ from Canada to the US, but out of curiosity I priced Ozempic according to what my insurance says. Like full cost in the US is nearly 3.5k a month - assuming it's a weekly injection.

I call shenanigans

kiwifarms.net
I don't know how the costs differ from Canada to the US, but out of curiosity I priced Ozempic according to what my insurance says. Like full cost in the US is nearly 3.5k a month - assuming it's a weekly injection.
From what I've been able to find out in Australia (it's really hard to get the actual private prescription pricing), the 0.5mg cost is AU$1700/month. If a person qualifies under the government subsidised pharmaceutical benefits scheme (must have diabetes plus already being prescribed both metformin and a sulfonylurea with no significant results) the cost is $41/month or $6.60/month if on govt benefits. It's definitely not easy to get prescribed under the govt subsidised scheme and is categorised as an "authority" medication where drs have to call a govt health department hotline to get approval prior to prescribing. There's no subsidy without meeting the diabetes diagnosis and failed alternative treatments...so if being prescribed off label (e.g. for weightloss) it's full price every month.

Edit to add: the pricing I used in other posts of US$1350/month, came from articles published last week in the US after the FDA approval went tbrough suggesting that Wegovy would be priced similarly to Saxenda which comes in at that price. The same news reports were suggesting that Wegovy would not be covered by health insurance as it is a weightloss drug and therefore not covered by those health insurance companies that do not cover "lifestyle" illness/conditions. Ozempic on the other hand, is a T2D drug (even though the same drug just lower dosage), so is covered by many insurers. The manufacturer Novo Nordisk seems to be charging different amounts in different countries for Ozempic. Presumably they are taking into account what the market can bear along with the differing insurance systems and government subsidies in various countries. Weightloss is big $$$ business.

Last edited:

Lucille's Brands

kiwifarms.net

FDA Article + Archive
If this drug is the miracle worker the news has made it out to be, it might not give deathfats the option to binge because their brain will be screaming that they're disgustingly full. But AL will probably find a way to fuck it up. She has a talent for that. I'm sure she'll bring it up soon because she loves a shortcut, and this is being sold as a shortcut (that is supposed to be combined some icky diet and exercise.)

No drug or surgery is going to deter a fatty from blowing right through them to eat the food they want.

There's a drug called Naltrexone/Nalmaphene that's used in addiction to alcohol, narcotics and food.

It works by blocking the endorphin reward when consuming the substance over time, so weakening the association between indulgence and reward.

Eventually, in combination with compliance and mindfulness from the patient, they can be returned to the state of a non addict, as the reward super highway in the brain is 'undone'. Most people lose all interest in the substance, don't get triggered, don't feel deprived, and can indulge occasionally, in combination with the medication to block endorphins. Others just lose all interest in the substance, and turn their energy and time to healthy hobbies, old passions etc.

Again, it requires compliance, co operation and a genuine willingness to change from the patient.

Of course there's many ways to undo being super morbidly obese, all require awareness, work, and a willingness to change that she simply doesn't have. She's not self aware enough to realise she's a garden variety food junkie, like every other super morbidly obese person. There's nothing complicated or special about it. She'll never change, because nothing about the state of her body is 'her fault'.

Watching this compilation during the week, I think her compulsive liar mask slipped, and she accidentally explained, quite insightfully, why she's doomed. Every weight loss plan she's ever attempted is just Youtube channel window dressing.

Original, time stamped -

First 15 seconds after timestamp is for context.

Last edited:

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Again, it requires compliance, co operation and a genuine willingness to change from the patient.

Yep. Like I said: nothing is going to stop a fatty from taking down two large pepperoni pizzas and a heap of orange chicken if that's what they want to do.

Watching this compilation during the week, I think her compulsive liar mask slipped, and she accidentally explained, quite insightfully, why she's doomed. Every weight loss plan she's ever attempted is just Youtube channel window dressing.

She's doomed because she wants instant gratification and not to have to expend any effort at all. There is nothing whatsoever, using her example, stopping her from rolling her ass out of bed and to the gym three times a week. She just doesn't want to, and it has nothing to do with addiction or her supposed BED that doesn't exist or her pathological lying. She's lazy. She wants to do what she wants to do, when she wants to do it, and while she would prefer that the shit she eats not add poundage to her already overworked frame, she will continue to eat what she wants, however much she wants, when she wants because she refuses to work to restrict herself in any way. All her lip service to weight loss is just that: she will never commit because she wants to work at exactly nothing. She is a marketer's wet dream, because she is the epitome of gluttonous consumption.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net

Original, time stamped -

First 15 seconds after timestamp is for context.
She's doomed because she wants instant gratification and not to have to expend any effort at all. There is nothing whatsoever, using her example, stopping her from rolling her ass out of bed and to the gym three times a week. She's lazy. She wants to do what she wants to do, when she wants to do it, and while she would prefer that the shit she eats not add poundage to her already overworked frame, she will continue to eat what she wants, because she refuses to work to restrict herself in any way. All her lip service to weight loss is just that: she will never commit because she wants to work at exactly nothing.
I watched the whole video and it is enlightening. It is perfectly clear that Amber is clueless about nutrition and weight loss. She dismisses the usefulness of therapy even if she professes that she is looking for one "that would understand her". At the end of the day, she absolutely refuses to restrict her food intake. The only thing that would help her would be to enroll in a medically supervised weight loss programme that would also teach her a more sustainable lifestyle. Unfortunately, she is just not interested. She likes the way she lives, the way she looks and will accept only a weight-loss method that is not too inconvenient and does not restrict her food intake.

Hippy Dippy

kiwifarms.net
Yep. Like I said: nothing is going to stop a fatty from taking down two large pepperoni pizzas and a heap of orange chicken if that's what they want to do.
She had the choice of massive amounts of food on that last WW plan. If that wasn’t enough, I don’t know what would be.
This last video kind of did it for me. Blaming the hate for her lack of success. Making assumptions about other morbidly obese you tubers who are taking breaks. I think truthfully that people are just sick of them all. Sick of their excuses.
It used to be fun coming home from a full day of work, exercising for an hour, packing my healthy lunch for the next day and then watching these train wrecks. Kept me motivated. Now it’s just insanity. Same thing every day.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
Actually, the drug might be more appropriate for Becky than Amber. Becky is already on insulin and a reduction in weight might help her control her blood sugar. She is on Medicaid, so the cost of the drug might be covered by the government. Bariatric surgery might also be more appropriate for Becky.

This would drive Amber crazy if Becky would get Ozempic or WLS before her.

I call shenanigans

kiwifarms.net
Actually, the drug might be more appropriate for Becky than Amber. Becky is already on insulin and a reduction in weight might help her control her blood sugar. She is on Medicaid, so the cost of the drug might be covered by the government. Bariatric surgery might also be more appropriate for Becky.

This would drive Amber crazy if Becky would get Ozempic or WLS before her.
There are many types of diabetes drugs that act in different ways. My understanding of semaglutide is that it is not appropriate for insulin dependent diabetics like Becky. I'm happy to be corrected on this, but hypoglycemia is a very major issue if the two (insulin and semaglutide) are taken concurrently. From what I've read over the last week, Medicaid will not cover Wegovy as it is a drug for a "lifestyle condition".

Edit to add... There is also the issue of potential diabetic retinopathy. Becky is complaining about her eyesight deteriorating, and that is very likely diabetic retinopathy given her fast decline into insulin dependence. Retinopathy is also a contraindication for semaglutide. 😉

Last edited:

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
There are many types of diabetes drugs that act in different ways. My understanding of semaglutide is that it is not appropriate for insulin dependent diabetics like Becky. I'm happy to be corrected on this, but hypoglycemia is a very major issue if the two (insulin and semaglutide) are taken concurrently. From what I've read over the last week, Medicaid will not cover Wegovy as it is a drug for a "lifestyle condition".
You might be right and I stand corrected. My point is that Becky’s health is deteriorating and any host of interventions should be used on her instead of Amber to reduce her weight. Becky might be more amenable in accepting lifestyle changes.