Amberlynn's Book Club - A thread to discuss all of the books our literate gorl has been reedeen!

L_I_F_T_E_D

kiwifarms.net
Felt like this would be a good place to separate out all of the book-related stuff from her usual daily nonsense.

Will update this first post with the Amberlynn Book Club reading list shortly! (Word Search books don't count)

From 8/22 - DOLLAR TREE HAUL!!!!!!!

"Jonathan Unleashed" by Meg Rosoff

From 8/23 - WE WERE TERRIFIED!!!!!:

"The Program" by Suzanne Young (Book #1 in a series of 6 so far)
"The Treatment" by Suzanne Young (Book #2 in a series of 6 so far)
"Clean" by Amy Reed
"Dear Nobody: The True Diary of Mary Rose" by Gillian McCain
"The Mirror Sisters" by V.C. Andrews (Book #1 in a series of 3)

From 8/26 - we need to talk......:

"Beautiful" by Amy Reed
"Dirty Rush" by Taylor Bell
"Bright Side" by Kim Holden

(Unless y'all decide this is a bad idea.)

Last edited:

Your_Fairy_Wish_Prince

I am your Fairy Wish Prince, at your service
kiwifarms.net
I can't really drag her too much for liking V.C. Andrews because I have read the Flowers in the Attic series :) (granted they aren't that well written and are akin to candyfloss for the brain) but I will admit I did like them just for how fucked up the story is, I don't know about any of her other books but V.C Andrews has always struck me as YA Mary Higgins Clark.

I was shocked when she said that she was reading IT, not one of King's finest works but one of his longest. I honestly didn't/ don't think that she has the attention span to finish it because in true King form it does lag in some places. (Unpopular opinion but I think he shed his greatness when he started writing sober) All the other shit she reads I don't really care about too much because it seems like insipid vacuous tripe.

With that high IQ she claims to possess it makes me wonder if she has ever attempted to read any of the classics, Shakespeare things of that nature, I highly doubt it but still it honestly seems like something she would attempt just for the bragging rights.

Edit: I might give the Mirror Sisters the old college try but I am not making any promises.

Edit 2: Just Christ on a crutch I can tell from the fucking cover that I would be venturing into the dismal abyss of the Mary Sue.

Last edited:

L_I_F_T_E_D

kiwifarms.net
With that high IQ she claims to possess it makes me wonder if she has ever attempted to read any of the classics, Shakespeare things of that nature, I highly doubt it but still it honestly seems like something she would attempt just for the bragging rights.
Pretty sure almost every book mentioned from the past 2 videos (list updated) are in the Young Adult genre.

I don't think she's much for actual Adult books of any kind; she likes the easy-to-read, saccharine, young-adult/romance books that light her bulging eyes up like a good dosage of salty fats or sugars.

Your_Fairy_Wish_Prince

I am your Fairy Wish Prince, at your service
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure almost every book mentioned from the past 2 videos (list updated) are in the Young Adult genre.

I don't think she's much for actual Adult books of any kind; she likes the easy-to-read, saccharine, young-adult/romance books that light her bulging eyes up like a good dosage of salty fats or sugars.
It also seems like these books would be readily found in the "literature" section of Walmart.

Last edited:

AbyssStarer

kiwifarms.net
Can't say I've read any of those, but they are all YA and on the cheap side if goodreads is anything to go by. I'm not at all surprised by her choices, they mostly seem about mental illness, telling "real" tales, growing up, etc.

"Clean" seems the most interesting. The main characters are all bitchy teenagers who don't want to be in rehab. I doubt the characters actually become better people, but books tend to surprise. I don't expect Hamby actually read it though.

I bet that Hamby will never touch a real piece of literature or step into a bookstore. Supermarket bookshelves are probably hard enough for her to navigate.

Has she ever shown off one of those large print books? I just got the feeling that she would pick those over regular editions.

(good thread idea, I like book discussion)

Owlflaps

Nocturnal Shit Poster
kiwifarms.net
The only kind of literature AL feels compelled to read are books with lesbians in it. Bonus points if it’s in picture form.

Reactions: Schauma mal

Strawberry Pocky

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome.
kiwifarms.net
I have incredibly severe doubts that she actually read It.
Possibly Elevation, too.

If she claims to have read a book that has been adapted into a movie, hard bet she and Necky just watched it on Netflix.
While gorging on McDonalds, Subway, and Dominos

Phalanx

kiwifarms.net
The Program is truly terrible and for a dystopia book its pretty damn awful dystopic writing, part of the craft of dystopic writing is that it is believable hence why The Death of Grass or Battle Royale are so beloved because they cease our suspense of disbelief. The Program as a synopsis seems fucking trash and completely unbelievable.

She is not even reading the good Virginia Andrews shit either, Flowers in the Attic as a series is really really fucked up and has incest and hatred everywhere. The later ghost writer books are damn tame VA in contrast.

The idea of Amber loving books is honestly laughable as she likes the most trivial baseless shit. Even as writing the main Harry Potter books have flaws especially 5 onwards but are relatively good entry books. Yet this bitch says she has never heard of them yet she grew up when every kid read them because they were pretty good to grow up with. Thats why its instantly suspect that she has not read books properly because most people that read ESPECIALLY growing up read Harry Potter.

yet this bitch will turn round and goes oh I understood King's IT, I read it at 11 SURE JAN

mdrop22

Not For Human Consumption
kiwifarms.net
The book "Clean" sounds terrible. It's about a bunch of whiny rich druggie kids in an "upscale rehab facility", and that's fucking it. Basically an idealized version of what it is to be an addict, and get clean, and what rehab is like. Even in the reviews on Amazon I read people saying things like "Well, this isn't very realistic but it's still a well written book." Apparently there is an "attempted rape" (ooh, so spicy) and all the characters get sober in the end.

Basically this is the type of shit people who want to pretend they understand addiction and drugs would read, and then memorize certain parts as "fact". Wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing more about ALR's druggie parent past with some embellishments she picks up from this new book.

Also it's target age range is clearly 13 - 17. Why doesn't she read a book written for adults, that tackles challenging ideas and....Oh yeah, nevermind. I know why.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net
I am amused that a woman pushing 30 is so engrossed in reading teenaged diaries and such. At least she is reading something; a "writer" who doesn't read anything is the worst of the worst (unless he or she is a true genius, which Amberlynn is clearly not). Maybe it will end her fixation on "situation" if nothing else; she needs to spend less time watching YouTube anyway.

Her other pastimes are coloring books and word searches: activities for dimwits who lack the grey matter for anything more taxing, She would make picture frames with Popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue (Becky would love it!), if only it weren't so physically and mentally demanding.

Reality isn't for everyone, nor is life. This is especially true for 570 pound 12-year-olds who get free money every day.

Reactions: YOUR MOM

cameronthedruid

Give me the fuckin' gun, Karren
kiwifarms.net
This thread reminds me of those books by Ellen Hopkins.. "Crank", "Glass", "Impulse" etc. about teenagers that did drugs and wanted to off themselves. I bet Amberlynn has read those.
In her “house tour” video, you see a pile of books while she is filming the window. The one on the top is one of those shitty YA “Go Ask Alice” fictitious journal entry books about teenage drug addiction so you’re not wrong.

Edit: Picture

Attachments

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino