Amber's finances - assumptions galore

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
Despite the fact that Amber loves to hear the sound of her own voice, she doesn't talk much about her income.

There are a few mentions of money, but nothing concrete. This post will be edited as I find the references I need.

According to this video, Amber was making an average of $1056.00 per month in 2017:

The video was released on December 27th.

- some time ago I found the suggested rent for the property they live in. I need to find it again to give us an idea of how much rent she's paying (I do remember that she pays an extra $30.00/month for her pets. I need a screen cap or something of that, though)
Edit: Found the reference. According to the link the rent is estimated at $978.00. (I've saved the link to archive.li, but the formatting is different and doesn't show the info about rent.) So she (and Becky) are paying around $500.00 for rent.
- It was mentioned that Destiny is/was paying her phone bill (also need receipts for that). There was also mention of Destiny giving her a credit card for Christmas (also need evidence on that)
- so far no one has found any evidence Amber makes money on other platforms aside YT and YN
- I have no idea how much money she makes on YN, and unless there is some website that analyses that, I don't think I can figure it out since she isn't consistent
- Up until very recently Amber was claiming that YT takes the money for taxes. We all know this is not true and shows how ignorant she is about taxes.

Suspicions:
- Kasey said that when they were living together Amber had two people sending gifts and money to her. It wouldn't surprise me if she has people still doing that (Krystle).
- Becky does NOT have a job as of now (March 5th, 2018). On the night prior to the doctor's visit (Feb 26), she kept Becky awake all night long, and on the night of the 26th they stayed up until 3:00 A.M. according to Amber. Link to the thread and video here. On Amber's channel and YN we can see Becky at all hours of day and night. There is no job that allows for that kind of flexibility.
- I think Destiny is, or was until very recently, financially entangled with Amber. I suspect part of the reason to going back to Florida was due to this.
- The piles of money Amber flashes now and again on YT are probably a bunch of dollar bills with one large one in the front.
- I strongly suspect that she was evicted from the apartment she was sharing with Destiny due to not paying rent. I noticed that around the time she met Becky she began spending a lot of time crashing on other people's house. I think she was doing that to avoid the landlord. IIRC, her rental agreement would expire in Aug/Sept, but she moved out sooner than that.
- I wouldn't put it past Amber to ask her family to help pay for the doctor's bill. Tammy would do it just to have some control over Amber, and it's possible other family members could be guilt-tripped into helping.

Edited to add Expenses:

- around $500.00/month for rent (assuming Amber is paying for hers and Becky's share. If she's only paying her share, it's around $250.00)
- $30/month for her pets
- I found this website that lists the average price for a lot of things in Monticello. According to it, the average amount for utilities is $ 137.95, but I'm not sure if that is per household or person. I would like to point out that theirs isn't a normal household as it houses 3 adults who don't work and are hooked up to electronics at all waking hours, so I suspect their electric bill is higher than average. Their water bill, OTOH, is probably lower than average.

(some day, when I'm feeling especially picky and bored, I might go through random expenses as depicted on her videos. )

Last edited:

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
Here's a photo from a YouNow six months ago where for some reason she felt like showing how much she makes in a month (on YouTube). Of course there's no way to know what she makes from YouNow, but it's a start.
Interesting, thanks.

I wonder if she picked her best month so she could brag and say the hadurz were wrong.

Amber is very inconsistent on YT and YN, and sometimes goes too long without uploading. I wonder how this affects her income.
Theoretically she'd make less money when she uploads less, but I don't think her subscribers are the ones generating most of her income. I wonder how much residual income she gets from people checking on her randomly, hoping she released a new video.

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
I spent the last hour or so trying to figure out how much a person can earn on YN. I got a headache and no answers. Without knowing YN's cut on the whatever-it-is that they use, I can't even begin to figure out how much Amber can make per video/appearance/stream. Not that it would be very helpful as I can find no app or website that will give statistics on YN.

I went to socialblade to check a few things out and noticed something interesting. On the right side of this page we can see how many subscribers Amber is getting per day.
It's odd enough that she's still gaining subscribers even though her "weight loss journey" has ended, but notice how the number of people subscribing per hour increases around the time our gurl is awake.

hotcheetospuffs

Bora Bora Eat Some More-a
kiwifarms.net
I spent the last hour or so trying to figure out how much a person can earn on YN. I got a headache and no answers. Without knowing YN's cut on the whatever-it-is that they use, I can't even begin to figure out how much Amber can make per video/appearance/stream. Not that it would be very helpful as I can find no app or website that will give statistics on YN.

I went to socialblade to check a few things out and noticed something interesting. On the right side of this page we can see how many subscribers Amber is getting per day.
It's odd enough that she's still gaining subscribers even though her "weight loss journey" has ended, but notice how the number of people subscribing per hour increases around the time our gurl is awake.
I've noticed that as well. at 17:00 she always gets an additional 10 subs, like clockwork.

Rafe said that she makes around 30 dollars per younow. She's been pulling in a lot fewer likes lately though, which is funny because more people are watching. She claims they wanted to talk to her about getting a sub button, but she knows no one would buy it, and never got back in contact with them.

Rotogravure

OBEY
kiwifarms.net

Best I could find, from 2014, is that YouTube takes 45% -- I'd imagine it's roughly the same now?
Capture.PNG

Then, there was this link. So, AL has 52k subscribers, this guy's link which talks about how much he makes at 10 million views, they discuss in the comments the average, which is between 1-2 dollars per 10k views.

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
they discuss in the comments the average, which is between 1-2 dollars per 10k views.
The problem with Amber is that she (probably) gets more views from hadurz than she gets from naïve/curious people. Many of the former use some kind of ad blocking app which means less money coming her way.

"second link you posted" said:
First, find out that channel’s monthly views using the Social blade. Let’s say it’s 500,000 views per month. Now, remove the last 3 digits of view (i.e. 500,000) and multiply the remaining number from $1-2 depending on the quality of audience. Usually, the number is $1.6.
The examples on the blog don't help much because the blogger jumps from a youtuber with 150 000 subs (around 3 times what Amber has) to one with 15 000 subs (which is a little more than 1/4 of Amber's numbers). That said, I'm inclined to put her earnings between 0.80 to 1.00 due to the number of people using ad blockers, coming for comments only and/or not watching the whole video.

According to socialblade she had 1,159,365views in Feb. Going by the blogger's formula she would get between US$927.20 and US$1 159.37, which matches with what the video in the first post is claiming.

Amber has no partnerships, sponsors or affiliate links. If someone can tell me how many times, on average, Amber goes to YN, I'll be able to get an estimate on how much she makes on total - assuming what Rafe said is true.

I'll be off for a few hours and will try to update the OP when I log back in.

Bashful Bunny

kiwifarms.net
One of the people I'm subscribed to on youtube goes over her earnings and stats in depth each month. She has 43k subscribers and uploads a video or two per day. She had around 3.2 million minutes of watch time, and she made $997.74 in the month of January.

Based on that it seems pretty clear Al isn't making much of an actual living off of her channel. This person is only doing YouTube as a side gig, she has rental properties and a fabric business as well. Al has to have some sort of second income, even with her low cost of living. She spends way too much money on crap for her YouTube check to be all there is.

Rotogravure

OBEY
kiwifarms.net
One of the people I'm subscribed to on youtube goes over her earnings and stats in depth each month. She has 43k subscribers and uploads a video or two per day. She had around 3.2 million minutes of watch time, and she made $997.74 in the month of January.

Based on that it seems pretty clear Al isn't making much of an actual living off of her channel. This person is only doing YouTube as a side gig, she has rental properties and a fabric business as well. Al has to have some sort of second income, even with her low cost of living. She spends way too much money on crap for her YouTube check to be all there is.
God, whenever I see these figures and I think about how low effort AL is, I'm always like damn I could use some extra money. I'm boring - but less boring than AL! I could do this! But, then I realize I would absolutely hate myself for having no actual content for people to view. It truly boggles my mind how she views this as a literal JOB.

RE: AL's adblocked views, I don't know how we can possibly figure that in -- at least half if not more of them would or should be Adblocked I'd imagine? I mean, the screenshot showed ESTIMATED income, not actual, which to me is a big tell anyway.

Toxoplasmosis

I have scare in my eyes
kiwifarms.net
God, whenever I see these figures and I think about how low effort AL is, I'm always like damn I could use some extra money. I'm boring - but less boring than AL! I could do this! But, then I realize I would absolutely hate myself for having no actual content for people to view. It truly boggles my mind how she views this as a literal JOB.
Amber is boring, but she constantly lies, uses people, and she's 500 pounds. Who doesn't enjoy seeing what a morbidly obese trainwreck does next? If a normal-sized person wants people to watch them, they have to put forth a lot more effort.

Tear People Up

Mental things is scary
kiwifarms.net
I've noticed that as well. at 17:00 she always gets an additional 10 subs, like clockwork.

Rafe said that she makes around 30 dollars per younow. She's been pulling in a lot fewer likes lately though, which is funny because more people are watching. She claims they wanted to talk to her about getting a sub button, but she knows no one would buy it, and never got back in contact with them.
Sorry for the :autism:: what the fuck is a “sub button”?

Rotogravure

OBEY
kiwifarms.net
On Younow, someone with a sub-button can have subscriptions. Which means you, as a subscriber can pay 4.99 a month to get SUPER CHAT! and a BADGE!

"Your subscription includes a Super Gift, 20 onscreen messages, priority chat, subscriber-only chat, and access to the broadcaster’s replays.
During the partner’s broadcast, you will have access to a Super Gift and you can send up to 20 messages per month that will appear onscreen.

Your chat text will be bold and you’ll receive priority when the chat is busy. If the partner activates subscriber-only chat mode, you’ll be able to participate freely.
Every partner with subscriptions enabled has a unique badge for his or her supporters. When you purchase a subscription from a participating partner, your badge will identify you as a subscriber in that partner’s audience list and chat stream. Your profile will contain this badge and the badges of any other partners you support.

Currently, subscriptions are available for a limited number of partners."

wheelpower

kiwifarms.net
On Younow, someone with a sub-button can have subscriptions. Which means you, as a subscriber can pay 4.99 a month to get SUPER CHAT! and a BADGE!

"Your subscription includes a Super Gift, 20 onscreen messages, priority chat, subscriber-only chat, and access to the broadcaster’s replays.
During the partner’s broadcast, you will have access to a Super Gift and you can send up to 20 messages per month that will appear onscreen.

Your chat text will be bold and you’ll receive priority when the chat is busy. If the partner activates subscriber-only chat mode, you’ll be able to participate freely.
Every partner with subscriptions enabled has a unique badge for his or her supporters. When you purchase a subscription from a participating partner, your badge will identify you as a subscriber in that partner’s audience list and chat stream. Your profile will contain this badge and the badges of any other partners you support.

Currently, subscriptions are available for a limited number of partners."
Sounds a lot like online cam models

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing it's a subscription button. I read something about that when I was poking around trying to make sense of Younow.

I can give you a more complete answer another time. I don't feel like going back to check right now, sorry.

I've updated the OP to add a few more things I dug up.

Edit: Ninja'd again. @wheelpower, Twitch operates in a similar manner.

Edited again to say that I doubt that Amber was offered a sub button and said no to it.

• Feels
Reactions: Sword Fighter Super

666EVE666

Just a normal gorl
kiwifarms.net
Regarding Destiny's statements on them sharing a phone bill, it was on her YouNow stream but I didn't record it. Heard this story from several unrelated people on different social media platforms.

Regarding sub buttons, Amber has said multiple times that she was in contact with YouNow representative and was supposed to FaceTime with them to get a sub button. She blew them off and said she wouldn't get a sub button anyway because no one would get it

Pretty certain YouNow takes at least 40% of earnings. People opt for YT superchats over YN bars because less money is taken out

PS good thread idea @Long time lurker

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino