Amber's finances - assumptions galore

darkwingosonichugorl

Let me tell you the potential of my balls.
kiwifarms.net
This video is really interesting and debunk a lot of those who thinks she makes thousands and thousands of dollars....
Please note she said Youtube keeps around 50% of the revenue and her taxes keep another 20% plus....
It's interesting to me that a cute girl with family friendly money-based content is only averaging ~$2 CPM. I would have assumed like double that. And the numbers she showed were mostly pre-Corona Chan, Youtubebux are in the toilet now. The point stands though, I've been saying that Kiwi farmers have been overestimating what Youtubers have been making for a while.

Peetz's Bank Account

hamood's got talent arabic ringtone
kiwifarms.net
I don't think Amberlynn would make very much off of an OnlyFans. Even feeders have standards. I'm sure there is a certain class of feeder that enjoys leaky sores, long-unwashed hair and the stench of onions and poop emanating through their screen but I doubt that class is very populated. Anybody who paid for her lewd content would be a) doing it for the novelty/lols or b) just truly that disgusting. I think she'd make something, don't get me wrong, but she's just too lazy and unhygienic to attract a large legitimate audience. Especially when she's up against other women who ARE morbidly obese but also take the time to wash themselves, wear clean clothes and do their hair and makeup for the camera.

Billie Ross

Duh
kiwifarms.net
Seems to me that kind of confirms that Big Al could be making six figures, considering the number of ads she shoves in to her videos.
Yes, but take the taxes and youtube chunks out.... plus doesn't matter how many adds you have on, if most of your viewers hate you, they will not watch your adds either.
a lot of her views is from people just poping to write in the comments and old videos that not even have adds on it.... people always forget she is not a regular loved youtuber with interesting content...

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Yes, but take the taxes and youtube chunks out.... plus doesn't matter how many adds you have on, if most of your viewers hate you, they will not watch your adds either.
a lot of her views is from people just poping to write in the comments and old videos that not even have adds on it.... people always forget she is not a regular loved youtuber with interesting content...
YT wouldn't be taking out any taxes. They would 1099 her, and taxes would be her responsibility. She still makes some kind of money on every video, since there's not a single video of hers that's zero views. With the sheer quantity of garbage she uploads, and viewers who are too stupid to have adblock or watch via a reaction channel or archives like here at the farms, that starts to add up pretty quickly. She could publish crap all year long and then take some of the vlogmas money to pay her tax bill (because lezbereal, no way is she making quarterly deposits for her estimated tax load via eftps as she should be).

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
I don't think Amberlynn would make very much off of an OnlyFans. Even feeders have standards. I'm sure there is a certain class of feeder that enjoys leaky sores, long-unwashed hair and the stench of onions and poop emanating through their screen but I doubt that class is very populated. Anybody who paid for her lewd content would be a) doing it for the novelty/lols or b) just truly that disgusting. I think she'd make something, don't get me wrong, but she's just too lazy and unhygienic to attract a large legitimate audience. Especially when she's up against other women who ARE morbidly obese but also take the time to wash themselves, wear clean clothes and do their hair and makeup for the camera.
I said something similar in another AL thread and was informed that apparently many feeders love how nasty and unhygienic SSBBW women are. 🤮

Pinky&Perky

kiwifarms.net
So Ambers financial history would disqualify her for any charity aid available - There is no way she has enough money in the bank to cover the costs of her treatment. She will have to wait until November(?) to get health insurance (I am in the UK and I am not sure how it works) - I am going to assume her insurance rate will be astronomical and any payout she has to make will be huge too.

Will America to leave her to die if she can't afford to pay - Are cancer victims who can't pay for treatmen really just left to die in pain?

TomatilloSalsa

Easy Peasy Portuguese-y
kiwifarms.net
So Ambers financial history would disqualify her for any charity aid available - There is no way she has enough money in the bank to cover the costs of her treatment. She will have to wait until November(?) to get health insurance (I am in the UK and I am not sure how it works) - I am going to assume her insurance rate will be astronomical and any payout she has to make will be huge too.

Will America to leave her to die if she can't afford to pay - Are cancer victims who can't pay for treatmen really just left to die in pain?
As was pointed out earlier, YouTube is reporting her income to the IRS on 1099s. Even if she hasn't been filing taxes, the information is out there (and she has a big unpaid tax bill that is accruing interest and fees). AL may naively think she can just tell the Medicaid office that she doesn't make any money and they'll just believe her; she has to prove that to them and she has no proof.

The next opportunity AL has to get insurance is this coming December, when the US has open enrollment for health insurance on the Healthcare.gov website. This is how people who do not have insurance from their job or have Medicare or Medicaid are supposed to get health insurance. If she signs up, her insurance will start on New Year's Day 2021. However it will not pay for any medical treatment she has before that, so anything she's doing now is going to be solely her financial responsibility.

Yes, if you have cancer and can't pay for treatment, you are basically left to die. The only medical care you are allowed to receive without paying is in the emergency room, and emergency rooms cannot treat chronic or long-term illnesses. There are no oncologists in the ER and no chemotherapy or radiation treatments. There is nothing they can do for someone with cancer beyond stabilize them if they're going into organ failure. And eventually, there's nothing that can be done for that so they get sent home for hospice care to die as painlessly as possible (lots of morphine).

Owlflaps

High fuctioning owltistic
kiwifarms.net
I tend to have a “let her die” view with ALR since that’s what she wants and yet I can’t help but find this tragic. She HAD the money to get insurance. This could have been prevented.
It's a combination of sheer negligence and laziness. Negligence because she chose to let her health decline further and laziness to not apply for Medicare / Medicaid. Personally, I have no shred of sympathy because she let herself fall into this state. No amount of YouTube income will be able to pay the treatments for her crotch cancer.

Last edited:

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net

I was looking at Kentucky's medicaid site when there was speculation about either Norma's insurance status or Becky's medicaid status. IIRC, they have a 5 year look-back period. So even if amber tanks her channel now, she's not going to be able to get medicaid. I think the earnings limit for single people is around 1,500 a month give or take a few hundred.

Before obamacare, if you didn't have insurance through a large group employer (like if you got insurance from your employer who only had 20 employees, it would be no better than individual insurance), you had to get individual insurance. They charged huge premiums, would not cover preexisting conditions and had limits on what they would cover, and when (there were law suits where an insurance company wouldn't pay for a middle aged person's liver cancer because they took acne medication as a teen and didn't disclose it). Not to mention, there was an extra charge for being a woman of childbearing age. So you could be paying 350 a month with a 5k deductible, and a plan that wouldn't cover anything you'd likely need it for. If you had allergies or asthma, if you were put in the hospital for pneumonia, or had lung cancer, oh well, they weren't covering it. Insurance through a large employer didn't have these restrictions because the plan was large enough that 100 healthy people would mitigate the insurers risk on 10 really unhealthy people. That's a random statistic I just made up, just an example.

So Obamacare put laws in place that got rid of the preexisting conditions clauses and made it affordable for individuals to be insured. Not everyone gets insurance through work, and not all work plans are large enough to be affordable. So to get insurance under a plan that follows obamacare regulations, you have to sign up during the open enrollment period which is november-december. If you have a major event like job loss or moving out of state, then it would open back up for you for a period. If you don't sign up during that time, your only option is short term insurance, which is for 364 days or less, and the obamacare rules don't apply to those plans, so it would be like the old style of individual insurance. So that's the reason we keep talking about november.

Without insurance, america will definitely let you die. In fact, even if you have insurance, but you've racked up high bills through co-insurance (usually there's a limit to what the insurance will pay, like 80-90% but 10-20% of hundreds of thousands is still a lot of money to come up with) and you can't afford more treatment, yes, they will let you die.

In America, in order to survive a medical catastrophe or an expensive, chronic medical condition, you either have to be poor (to get medicaid) or rich (to afford co-pays and co-insurance on top of monthly premiums). If you don't fall into either of those categories, you either need to have a very large and generous network (like a church that will hold a pancake breakfast or spaghetti dinner or whatever they do to raise funds, or lots of people donating to a GFM), or you will die.

That's the healthcare reality in America.

As for what Amber will have to pay for insurance, I have no idea. There are all sorts of factors that influence the premiums. Also, I think there might be only 2 insurance choices in Kentucky, less choice means costlier insurance.

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
It’s important to remember that AL is an anomaly in that she has done everything possible to avoid having medical insurance or maintain the possibility of getting it in the future. I’m struggling to come up with a good metaphor for her behavior, but it’s bizarre.

She will likely have access to charity for the destitute and to payment plans for treatment from public hospitals. However, the American healthcare system isn’t set up for people who have a great amount of disposable income and choose to waste it on consumer goods before asking to go on public assistance.

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one, nobody is left to die! There are community/statec hospitals who treat the uninsured. People like the homeless, who have no money, no ID, etc. I read an article - I’ll see if I can find it,-about a woman like that with kidney cancer. She was treated. It was slow, it took longer for her to get on whatever programs there are, but it is ILLEGAL for a hospital not to treat a patient and it always has been.

Amber presumably has money and an income. That will prevent her going to charity hospitals-until it’s gone. Then she can, or by then she can join an exchange. Because she has money, she will certainly pay, probably everything in the bank and anything of value she owns. But she’ll get treatment.

I think because our insurance rules seem complicated (they aren’t really) this notion of people going untreated took hold. And, a President got elected by lying about it. But it’s not true. If they aren’t treated it’s because they don’t know where to go and haven’t tried. Nobody dies of cancer in this country untreated unless they want to. Chance Carmichael, one of our deathfats, didn’t have insurance (although he lied a few times) and he had long hospital stays, with dieticians, PT, home health.

Amber is vague on her disease. But assuming she has the most common type of cancer, it’s slowgrowing and stage 1. (70% of people with her cancer have that).

if she can, she can do case pay and call hospitals and cancer centers and get different price structures and negotiate. She’s not smart enough, but she could.

The best thing for her would be some hormonal medication to slow it down further, then get on one of the exchanges (Obamacare) in November. January she’ll be able to have treatment and since 2014 they can’t take pre-existing conditions into account. From now until January she should be losing weight so when Jan. Comes around she can safely have surgery. That’s what a smart person would do. She’s not smart, but with dedication she could get down to 300 lbs by January.

She’ll have to play the odds that she has an easy stage 1, because if cancer is into her uterine muscle wall or lymph’s she should have it our faster, or if her histology shows it’s more dangerous. But that isn’t known until after surgery (except histology) One clue is it’s grade 2, if she got that right. That means she maybe could wait safely.

Either way, she’ll get treatment.

But I honestly hope this wipes her out. That is mean, but I remember her flashing $1500 in cash at the same time as being coy about insurance. That money probably went to candles, earrings, snap backs and junk food. That maybe could have paid for a few months or more of insurance (I don’t know Kentucky’s prices) but while I can’t wish death on anybody, I can wish for a little financial justice.

it took a tremendous amount of hubris for a 500 lb women who had money to ignore her health. But she won’t die.

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
It’s important to remember that AL is an anomaly in that she has done everything possible to avoid having medical insurance or maintain the possibility of getting it in the future. I’m struggling to come up with a good metaphor for her behavior, but it’s bizarre.

She will likely have access to charity for the destitute and to payment plans for treatment from public hospitals. However, the American healthcare system isn’t set up for people who have a great amount of disposable income and choose to waste it on consumer goods before asking to go on public assistance.
Amber's refusal to get insurance is about more than insurance. Amber was unwilling to get access to regular, routine healthcare. Insurance was just one excuse. Just like her "molestation" excuse for not going to the gyno. I have no doubt that her choice to go uninsured also had to do with her being cheap, immature and imagining nothing would ever go wrong. But mainly, she's afraid of routine visits, of checkups, of blood work that isn't related to an emergency, thus scrutinized for all the values. She's afraid of being told she needs to lose weight, and afraid to be nagged about that. She has all of these issues, real or made up (like the fear of pills, taking tylenol isn't a stepping stone to meth) that she controls by not having insurance.

And as for charities and state hospitals, they're not going to treat her till she's well and truly penniless. They have a fiduciary responsibility to donors and state budget allocations to treat the actual destitute. Not the irresponsible middle class. Her only hope of free treatment, outside of scamming the system, is if NIH or a research hospital is enrolling for a study or clinical trial that amber's cancer fits into.

You know what would be justice? Amber needing to get her ass a job that has insurance because she makes too much on youtube, but not enough to pay her bills and be charity eligible.

ADHD

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There’s no way in hell she’ll be able to get any job that has good enough insurance.
FTFY.

Amber has no education, no skills, no talents, and no stamina. She would be a waste of an employment slot and a burden on all her coworkers, who would have to pick up her slack. When she worked at SourceHov with Destiny and Dana, that was a sit-down job, and she still ended up getting fired from that job for spending all her time in the bathroom. That was several years and a couple hundred pounds ago, she is in much worse shape now. Minimum wage jobs are all she would be qualified for, but they require you to be on your feet all day, she can't physically do that.

YouTube is the only "job" where she is a taxpayer (and if she hasn't been paying her taxes, the IRS will get it out of her one way or another eventually), instead of being a tax leech on welfare.

pr3nt177

I don’t even tell people I’m trans anymore
kiwifarms.net
And as for charities and state hospitals, they're not going to treat her till she's well and truly penniless. They have a fiduciary responsibility to donors and state budget allocations to treat the actual destitute. Not the irresponsible middle class. Her only hope of free treatment, outside of scamming the system, is if NIH or a research hospital is enrolling for a study or clinical trial that amber's cancer fits into.
She's seen as middle class?

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
She's seen as middle class?
Assuming she makes at least in the very high 30ks from youtube, then yes, she is. In her area, at least. Standard middle class in the US ranges from 40k to 120k, but it depends on the area, and could skew a bit higher or a bit lower. Podunk nowhere, 35k. Major Major metro? 150k.
ETA: that doesn't mean she's not still white trash.

Tags
None