America the Beautiful -

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
So, given the drama in the world and posted on the farms, I thought we could use a thread celebrating some actual beauty for once. And yeah, this might belong elsewhere, but screw it, its a deep thought to me.

So, today I woke up early while it was still dark out, and decided to take a walk outside to enjoy the night air. And its hard to put exactly into words what I saw and felt. The slowly waning moon was bright and full enough to walk by under the clear skies, and there was not a peep from other people on here in Nowhere, Oregon. It was one of the most beautiful, serene sights I've ever seen, and I get to see it every night. Anyone else have any similarly uplifting thoughts or stories of the natural world they feel like sharing?

break these cuffs

THANK YOU AJ
kiwifarms.net
The other day I went out and walked some quick trails that run along the ocean. I walked past the beach to a rocky outcropping that's tucked away just enough to give some privacy and just sat there enjoying the salt air and the wind in my face. There are a lot of ospreys in this area and nesting will begin in a couple weeks. Most of the nests are on small islands just offshore, but there is one near enough to the trails that you can hear the chicks when the wind is right and see them easily with binos when they get big enough. I wasn't able to get out much this winter and despite knowing how important being in nature is for me and getting back into the habit hasn't been as easy I'd like.

I encourage everyone to get out in nature more. Not everyone needs to go on week long canoe trips or bag 10,000ft peaks. Just find something you enjoy be it sitting on a beach or walking your dog on some local trails. Make it easy and make it work for you. You'll be more likely to do it. Our bodies and brains haven't evolved into the screen staring amorphous blobs we think they have just yet and they crave natural world.

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net
asdf.png

Took my Jeep out on a beat to shit trail. We're currently in Spring's Precum (it's "Spring", but it snowed about an inch tonight), so nothing is green yet, but when it is, this place looks gorgeous. Lots of little flowers, ferns, moss, pine, birch, elm, oak, little streams and ponds, everything you'd expect from the Great Lakes region.

Odnovo

kiwifarms.net
So, given the drama in the world and posted on the farms, I thought we could use a thread celebrating some actual beauty for once. And yeah, this might belong elsewhere, but screw it, its a deep thought to me.

So, today I woke up early while it was still dark out, and decided to take a walk outside to enjoy the night air. And its hard to put exactly into words what I saw and felt. The slowly waning moon was bright and full enough to walk by under the clear skies, and there was not a peep from other people on here in Nowhere, Oregon. It was one of the most beautiful, serene sights I've ever seen, and I get to see it every night. Anyone else have any similarly uplifting thoughts or stories of the natural world they feel like sharing?
Are you in the Western portion, where there is almost nothing but trees, or in the Eastern portion, which is practically a high desert?

Tour of Italy

Chiama tua madre al telefono
kiwifarms.net
I was walking to my car one morning this week as the sun had just risen. There was a light breeze at ground level, but the cloud layer was streaming along at high speed. It had rained overnight, but not enough to make everything soggy; just enough to make the air feel clean. It was the first truly temperate spring day for a while, the kind that makes it hard for you to tell where your body ends and the world begins.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
South Texas (where I grew up) is an absolute shithole. Corpus Christi and the surrounding area is a filthy place where all the waterways are filled with plastics and foam cups.

The beach is gross as fuck too.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
Are you in the Western portion, where there is almost nothing but trees, or in the Eastern portion, which is practically a high desert?
West, but the high desert at night is all of that and then some. No experience with Oregon's eastern half, but plenty of camping trips to the Mojave gave me more than enough jaw-dropping sights.