American Dad Appreciation Thread - Good Morning USA!

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
It's not bad. Easily Seth McFarlane's best animated show. I haven't liked Family Guy for over a decade now, and The Cleveland Show was just terrible in every way. I'll still put on American Dad occasionally if I just want to unwind. I think my favorite episode is either the one where Steve and his friends have to escape the school and it turns into a parody of The Warriors, or the one where Haley kills his character in that MMO he's addicted to.

Trombonista

Bayou Billy with the Heavy Balls
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What did you guys and gals think of the season premiere? I thought it was pretty good. It kinda petered out around the end, but there were plenty of funny moments. Also, I should have known Roger would be El Narco.

Reactions: Dorsia.Reservation

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This week's episode kinda sucked. The idea of the suburbs being more dangerous than downtown was amusing, but it could've been a lot funnier. Also, both Hayley and Steve were kind of annoying. Hopefully next week's episode will be better.

• Agree
Reactions: Dorsia.Reservation

The Coward Joe Root

Enemy of cricket
kiwifarms.net
I can’t say I’ve kept up with many of the recent seasons; not a comment on their quality I just lost interest at some point. But I always thought it was a way better show than family guy right from the start. The lack of cutaway gags meant they had to focus more on character humour which made the cast much more well-rounded, and ‘CIA family harbouring an alien’ is just overall a far more imaginative and interesting concept for a wacky cartoon show. My favourite episodes are the one where one of Roger’s personas takes on a life of its own and when Stan discovers wanking for the first time

Last edited:

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This week's episode was an improvement. It's nice to focus on Jeff once in a while. I'm kinda upset Linda Memari supposedly died, though.

Edit: It also wasn't as good as the repeat that followed, "I am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story." Now that episode was hilarious.

Last edited:

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
What's the deal with American Dad's "seasons"? "100 Years a Solid Fool" was the 17th season premiere but the following two new episodes were officially part of the 16th season, at least according to Wikipedia. I guess those episodes were produced as 16th season episodes but were either not finished on time or were just sitting on the shelf waiting to air for half a year?

I hope we get more Toshi this season, he's barely appeared the past few years.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the deal with American Dad's "seasons"? "100 Years a Solid Fool" was the 17th season premiere but the following two new episodes were officially part of the 16th season, at least according to Wikipedia. I guess those episodes were produced as 16th season episodes but were either not finished on time or were just sitting on the shelf waiting to air for half a year?

American Dad debuted mid-season, so the first season to air was only seven episodes, even though they had produced nineteen. Going by production cycle, "100 Years a Solid Fool" is actually the start of the 15th season.

Uncanny Valley

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Iirc I've barely watched like half the show but Toshi was barely a character.

Tags
None