American Dad Appreciation Thread - Good Morning USA!

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I know Toshi has always been the least featured of Steve's friends due to his being the only regular character on the show who requires subtitles but he's been appearing even less on TBS than he did in earlier seasons on FOX.
I think Nahnatchka Khan was the reason there was so much Toshi (and other Asian jokes) during the middle period of American Dad. You can definitely notice a steep drop off of Asian jokes the second she left the show.

The Pink Panther

Pinky "Quartz" Universe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know Toshi has always been the least featured of Steve's friends due to his being the only regular character on the show who requires subtitles but he's been appearing even less on TBS than he did in earlier seasons on FOX.
That's because they've started to utilize his family less...which sucks because his sister, mother, and father were funny characters from around Seasons 6-10.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I've barely even heard of The Weeknd and the entire episode was focused on him so there was very little in the episode to amuse me. Usually, even if I'm not into the A-Plot, the B-Plot will make up for it but the B-Plot was just Roger being the Weeknd. I know the ending was a loose take on the Fyre Festival debacle and I was slightly amused by the En Vogue reference, since I was a teenager when they were popular, but that was about it for me.

Not that I have anything against The Weeknd as a performer, I just don't keep up with current popular music.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I think I've just seen "young rock star" archetype jokes done better elsewhere, like the "B-Sharps" episode of the Simpsons (even if the music itself wasn't rock music, it was still the same general archetype).

Trombonista

Bayou Billy with the Heavy Balls
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tonight's episode got kinda creepy. I normally like when American Dad gets weird, but I think this time it got a little too weird.

The Pink Panther

Pinky "Quartz" Universe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tonight's episode got kinda creepy. I normally like when American Dad gets weird, but I think this time it got a little too weird.
Premise doesn't sound that weird when you think to way back when in season 4 when Stan bathed his mother in the bathtub and kidnapped all of her previous boyfriends for the sole purpose of protecting his mother from possible breakups.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Trombonista

Tetra

Shipgirl Extraordinaire
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love the talking objects in S7E15 and S7E16

chrome_2020-05-18_11-40-01.png

"You gotta go man you're stressing everyone out"

"Did you see that man put his package in that box"
"maybe he thought it was a fe-mail box"

Reactions: Dorsia.Reservation