American Dad Appreciation Thread - Good Morning USA!

Trombonista

Bayou Billy with the Heavy Balls
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I somehow managed to miss the first three minutes again. Otherwise, the episode was okay.

• Informative
Reactions: Y2K Baby

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Hope nobody jumps down my throat. But I can't stand this show. I actually think it's worse than Family Guy. The jokes aren't funny, and not one of the characters are likeable. Not judging, but of interest, why are you guys into it?
There is an Unpopular Opinions thread here. You could have said all this there, instead.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I wasnt sure if it was that unpopular of an opinion, I just wanted some fans' thoughts.
Nothing wrong with that. Just know that disliking this show is highly unpopular opinion and belongs in that thread. I admit I felt the same way, at first.

Not counting the TBS seasons which I'm weary of ever touching, this show is actually becoming OK with me, even of the earlier seasons didn't do anything positive for me, either... It's actually OK, because it knows what it wants to be, unlike Family Guy, anyway.

• Autistic
Reactions: UnKillFill

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tonight's episode was decent. Francine was the best part.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Stan already in the CIA in the 1980s according to the jetski flashback a few episodes ago? But the latest episode has Stan and the classmate as young teens trick-or-treating as 1980s horror movie icons, and, since one of them is Freddy Kruger, it has to be 1984 at the earliest.

EDIT: And then, later on, in the very same scene, we see a teenage girl wearing a sailorfuku and rabbit ears in what I can only assume is a copyright-skirting Sailor Moon outfit, so it's gotta be the mid-1990s. (Sailor Moon premiered in 1992; the English version wasn't out until 1995 although I can be generous and assume she's very into the VHS fansub scene so 1992 is still plausible.)

Last edited:

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I didn't like the main plot of this episode (The Unincludeds) that much, but this subplot was absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: Orange Rhymer

The Pink Panther

Pinky "Quartz" Universe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I didn't like the main plot of this episode (The Unincludeds) that much, but this subplot was absolutely hilarious.
Never met someone that didn't like the mainplot.

In fact, this is one of my favorite episodes of the show, I'd go as far as putting it into my top 10. That mainplot makes me laugh way too hard with Steve and Snot's degradation in the future.

• Optimistic
Reactions: The Last Stand

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The guide on my TV listed the wrong episode, but this was still a pretty good one. The B-plot reminded me of "Jar" from Osomatsu-san.

PotatoSalad4711

Karen Farms gave me diabetes.
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Stan already in the CIA in the 1980s according to the jetski flashback a few episodes ago? But the latest episode has Stan and the classmate as young teens trick-or-treating as 1980s horror movie icons, and, since one of them is Freddy Kruger, it has to be 1984 at the earliest.

EDIT: And then, later on, in the very same scene, we see a teenage girl wearing a sailorfuku and rabbit ears in what I can only assume is a copyright-skirting Sailor Moon outfit, so it's gotta be the mid-1990s. (Sailor Moon premiered in 1992; the English version wasn't out until 1995 although I can be generous and assume she's very into the VHS fansub scene so 1992 is still plausible.)
I don’t know, this kinda happens a lot in animated series that last over 10 years. You can’t age up the characters, so suddenly Stan was a kid in the 80’s instead of the 70’s. Even in the episode where Hayley needed a kidney, it appeared Stan and Francine married in the early 90’s. It probably becomes necessary to muddle time a bit.

Also, love this show and love Roger. That is all.

edit: typo fix.

Last edited:

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
I don’t know, this kinda happens a lot in animated series that last over 10 years. You can’t age up the characters, so suddenly Stan was a kid in the 80’s instead of the 70’s. Even in the episode where Hayley needed a kidney, it appeared Stan and Francine married in the early 90’s. It probably becomes necessary to muddle time a bit.

Also, love this show and love Roger. That is all.

edit: typo fix.
A lot of the time inconsistencies also come from the show having been turned into surreal and absurd comedy where reality is malleable somewhere around season 5.

Last edited:

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good episode. Jeff, Francine, and Roger make a fun team. I also liked Steve and Klaus's little musical numbers.

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Never met someone that didn't like the mainplot.

In fact, this is one of my favorite episodes of the show, I'd go as far as putting it into my top 10. That mainplot makes me laugh way too hard with Steve and Snot's degradation in the future.
Actually, I've seen the episode 3 times now and must say the A plot has improved every time. I think I just felt too sorry for Snot the first time around.

• Feels
Reactions: The Pink Panther

Trombonista

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tonight's episode was meh until the halfway point, at which point it became slightly less meh. Dr. Ray Petit is the Kenny McCormick of the show. Also, Toshi spoke English again (even if it was just one word).

Last edited:
Tags
None