American Impeachment/25th Amendment Watch 2021 - If, at first, you don't convict, try, try again

What will happen to Donald Trump in the next two weeks?

• The House of Representatives impeaches and the Senate convicts

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • The House of Representatives impeaches and the Senate acquits

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • The US Cabinet invokes the 25th amendment

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • House of Representative and/or Senate censures the President

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • President Trump resigns

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Trump continues as President until Jan. 20, with Biden becoming President afterwards

Votes: 165 61.3%
  • Trump finds a way to continue being President after Jan. 20

Votes: 28 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
You see to be under the illusion that the purpose of a process is something other than what the Democrats and their media machines say it is at any given moment.
No I'm under the reality that Constitutional provisions actually have purposes and I can see when they're being abused, and I strongly disapprove of it when that is the case, as it is now.

X Prime

The Derivative
No I'm under the reality that Constitutional provisions actually have purposes and I can see when they're being abused, and I strongly disapprove of it when that is the case, as it is now.

That's odd. You seem to believe there is some kind of objective reality of things. That's very 20th century of you.

Your time is past, old man!

Or however that quote went.

I fully expect this to progress with the Senate voting to convict in a delusional gambit to prevent Trump from exerting control over the Republican party and preventing a 2024 run. This will damage the party in very costly ways, the establishment doesn't really understand how much of a pied piper Trump has become for the common rabble. They've switched from being Republican voters to Trump voters -- there is a real chance that Trump could spin off a new political party as well. This can go sideways quick... the best option was censure. I don't really see much upsides for actually doing this nonsense.
If that were the case, McConnel could’ve reconvened the senate right away, said he intended to impeach, and have Trump out before the 20th as the rest of the senate R’s follow his lead. Instead he delays and dissembles and is very evasive about impeachment when asked for comment. Either he’s trying to extract some benefit from the Democrats to get him to throw in behind impeachment, or else he just doesn’t want a reckoning between the party and his base and wants momentum to be lost with a delay. Likely he hasn’t decided on which.

Well Trump is screwed now.

The Senate is far more likely to impeach him; and I've no doubt information is coming out over the coming weeks that will see members expelled from the House - and possibly though unlikely the Senate.

X Prime, you have to consider the lack of information people on this forum have about Impeachment and it's purpose. I'd be surprised if there is a single Trump supporter on here that has even read the briefs filed in court or the judges decisions. Oh I am sure they know some bullet points but that is about it. They didn't actually read them though.

I am sure members of the current Administration and probably Pentagon staff and Military Generals may be called as witnesses by the Senate to discuss what Trump knew and didn't and what he asked them to possibly do.

There is an undercurrent running that Mitch and some senior GOP members are aware of some things other members are not - and judging by their statements it is unlikely to be good for Trump.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
That's odd. You seem to believe there is some kind of objective reality of things. That's very 20th century of you.

Your time is past, old man!

Or however that quote went.
Am I really that outdated? I feel sad. I am attached to the concept of objective reality. I still believe in it. Fuck anyone who doesn't. Fuck postmodernism. I honestly want to put a bullet in every fucking postmodernist alive and see them deconstruct that shit as they bleed out. Motherfuckers.

X Prime

The Derivative
Am I really that outdated? I feel sad. I am attached to the concept of objective reality. I still believe in it. Fuck anyone who doesn't. Fuck postmodernism. I honestly want to put a bullet in every fucking postmodernist alive and see them deconstruct that shit as they bleed out. Motherfuckers.
I mean I'd be right there with you, but even I have to admit on that point we are both absolute fossils nowadays.

FAQnews Correspondent

FAQnews: The Most Trusted Name in News
Eric Swalwell: "Trump is inciting people just like Bin Laden. MAGA chuds are Al-Qaeda. Ready for the drone strikes of love and peace? Also, I just took my dick out of a ChiCom spy and don't know what 'incitement' means under the law."

This is the guy that wanted to nuke Americans.
1610580258054.png

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
What an absolutely meaningless, pointless gesture. Congratulations on doing literally nothing that benefits literally nobody. Dumbfuck Democrats. Useless. Idiots. This is why people elected these fucking clowns? So they could do nothing of any use? They should just hang themselves.

Absolute imbeciles.

X Prime

The Derivative
What an absolutely meaningless, pointless gesture. Congratulations on doing literally nothing that benefits literally nobody. Dumbfuck Democrats. Useless. Idiots. This is why people elected these fucking clowns? So they could do nothing of any use? They should just hang themselves.

Absolute imbeciles.
People voted for them so they could feel good about themselves and not much else this cycle.

The fact that they obviously want to stop him running in 2024 convinces me that in a couple months to a years time proof that the election was stolen from Trump will come out that just cannot be ignored. The fallout will be great.
No different than how Hunter Biden just happened to find himself under investigation a few weeks after the election. I thought it was all a conspiracy theory or something.

I don't think we'll ever have a smoking gun for the 2020 election theft, outside a collapse of the US 1991-USSR style that results in lots of shit being declassified. But like we saw with the Mueller Report and the shitshow surrounding it, there's probably some good evidence out there though.
This is the guy that wanted to nuke Americans.
View attachment 1845960
I suspect he isn't much of a 2nd Amendment fan or supporter of the police dealing with violent felons.

I think a lot of us are outdated friend, I just never expected to be outdated when I was still young. I was hoping for a few more decades. Alas.

View attachment 1845896
CNN is providing the naughty list of the Republicans who didn't play ball. Archive.
  1. Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois
  2. Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming
  3. Rep. John Katko of New York
  4. Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan
  5. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington
  6. Rep. Dan Newhouse of Washington
  7. Rep. Peter Meijer of Michigan
  8. Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio
  9. Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina
  10. Rep. David Valadao of California
While it isn't the 100% unity they had last time, surely this means the the whole GOP is throwing Trump under the bus meme is dead.

The overwhelming majority of the house GOP refused to go along with this BS, meaning that, at the very least, they still know which way their voters want them to go.

RudeRoasts

Ah, you Japanese racist!
Eric Swalwell: "Trump is inciting people just like Bin Laden. MAGA chuds are Al-Qaeda. Ready for the drone strikes of love and peace? Also, I just took my dick out of a ChiCom spy and don't know what 'incitement' means under the law."

How the hell does this guy build up the gonads to appear on national television after being revealed to have been compromised by a Chinese spy?

Oh, that's right. Because he's a left winger, and the media has made it hospitable for left-wing liabilities to pretend to have any credibility.