AMERICANS TRY JAPANESE SNACKS PART 1 - 06/05/19

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

SassyAndMorbidlyObese

Smug Dumb Quarter Ton
kiwifarms.net
She's complaining about shit being bland, but it's more a matter of her taste buds being out of whack. American candy and soda is disgustingly oversweetened. There is a similar contrast with European sweets. A Bounty chocolate bar is way more delicious than a Mounds bar because it isn't as sweet.
I love dark/bittersweet Russian/Ukrainian chocolate. American does not even begin to compare although Safeway and Kroger and many small chocolatiers are manufacturing quality chocolate nowadays! I love chocolate and really appreciate quality products.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
I love dark/bittersweet Russian/Ukrainian chocolate. American does not even begin to compare although Safeway and Kroger and many small chocolatiers are manufacturing quality chocolate nowadays! I love chocolate and really appreciate quality products.
The problem with American chocolate, much like most of our processed food is that we overload it with sugar. One trip to Europe demonstrates that and those who have known nothing else think everything is bland. It’s definitely not and for some of us it challenges the palate and you start noticing the ridiculous sugar content more.

Sugar sperg incoming, ignore at will.

I can’t eat our bread anymore unless it comes from a proper bakery.It’s entirely too sweet. It’s no wonder we have an obesity issue here. The sugar lobby has fought hard to have it included in almost everything going so far as to rename it multiple times. At one point sugar was bad so they started using high fructose corn syrup. Then that was bad so now you see products going back to straight sugar which suddenly isn’t that bad. It’s horseshit, but here we are.

Mangy Mutt

spreading disease
kiwifarms.net
This is one of the first Amber videos I've been able to watch in months, and jesus she is more obnoxious than ever before. Didn't think that shit was possible!

The fake accent, the "Y'ALL" and the way she bounces around like the happy fat toddler she is after the first bite she takes of this cheap garbage... Christ it is literally how a toddler would act after getting a new toy they've wanted for ages. Horrifying.

Strawberry Pocky

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome.
kiwifarms.net
This is one of the first Amber videos I've been able to watch in months, and jesus she is more obnoxious than ever before. Didn't think that shit was possible!

The fake accent, the "Y'ALL" and the way she bounces around like the happy fat toddler she is after the first bite she takes of this cheap garbage... Christ it is literally how a toddler would act after getting a new toy they've wanted for ages. Horrifying.
The overblown screeching and oinking combined with all of her lard and fat jiggling aggressively around as she bounced about in orgasmic, food addict pleasure (with derped out eye bulging as the icing on the shit cake) are literally the things nightmares are made of.

U

UW 411

kiwifarms.net
What's funny is that there will never be a part two, since the enormous lesbos would have finished the whole 'haul' of jap snacks in one sitting/one night. we all know that they'd never leave half-eaten snacks uneaten and wolfed them all down off camera after they finished this 'vlog'...

sry if late or whatever, I can only bring myself to skim the odd vid at this point and refuse to skim through every. single. thread.

Also, more appreciation for my rundown/re-cap frens, you're all fab :heart-full:

メガンさん

kiwifarms.net
Allow me to begin by saying that I believe that at the beginning of this video, the 'instructions sheet' is actually half a page from a Japanese newspaper used to wrap the sweets. There most definitely is one at the bottom of the box too. That means two things: 1. The seller was most likely Japanese and 2. The box was cheaper than the ones which come with an English translated guide. So... Good for her that she did not spend that much money, I guess? (Although, as others have pointed out as well, these would be infinitely cheaper in Japan anyways, so a bittersweet victory)

The corn puff snacks are called Umaibo - うまい棒 ('delicious sticks'). I can assure you they are really good, but her ignorant palate which has been marinating in Mrs. Dash for so long would never be capable to fully appreciate them. Most of them come in various flavours which would appeal to the majority of the Japanese population (Chicken Curry Rice, Corn Potage, Natto, Tonkatsu, Mayo Shrimp, even a sweet one which tastes like ラスク ), then there are some which are flavoured to resemble more widely liked dishes - such as Pizza.

In the video, the first umaibo they tried was Salami, followed by Spicy Fish Roe (めんたい味 - my all time favourite and most likely the reason why the cats were going crazy), Vegetable Salad, Teriyaki Burger, Takoyaki (a Japanese octopus dish with a special sauce, hence the darker colour) and Cheese (1000000000% better than a Cheetos).

Then, the Fried Chicken flavoured Texas popped corn is pretty self explanatory.

The DIY kit for soft serve strawberry ice cream cones - which ofc was too difficult to even attempt to use in this part - consists of a pink powder which you mix with some water and it basically 'foams up' and comes to resemble soft serve ice cream. Thereafter you can scoop it up onto the tiny cones which come with the kit and, if I remember correctly, it also comes with some sprinkles you can use to decorate it. Very sweet, though.

The Coke flavoured sherbet and lolly they guessed *mostly* right - does not taste like cream soda to me, but I have also never tried American cream soda.

The ' make your own flavour of gum kit' - no you can not swallow it - has four gum 'sticks' which are actually the 4 basic flavours (Apple, Grape, Peach and Yogurt) and are split in 3 or 4 sections each so that you can portion them and combine them one by one to obtain other new flavors (e.g. apple and grape make cherry and so on). The flavours are very realistic if you do it properly. Obviously, that's not the case here.

The cake bar is not a Twinkie nor a Fig Newton, but a 'cream filled cake roll'.

The tiny pancakes are called Dorayaki - どら焼き and have red bean paste in - between, not chocolate.

The non-alcoholic beer drink is called わるガキ びいる -warugaki biiru or 'bad boy beer' - suitable for children as well and it even foams just like real beer, but I personally don't like the taste too much. I thought she'd love it though, as it is cloyingly sweet and does not taste of beer whatsoever.

The 'chewy candy' is Mochi, a traditional sweet, I reckon the flavours might be grape or sakura flower, matcha etc.

Lastly, idk if our girl can't read or what not, but the Hello Kitty sweet says what it is on the packaging - Choco Marshmallow - so I don't know why she was soooo surprised. Most likely she just did not read what was on the packaging, though maybe her packaging was exclusively in Japanese (sometimes they also use the English name written in a lower case font).

I went ahead and included pictures as well.

Attachments

• SalamiUmaibo.jpg
    SalamiUmaibo.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 230
  • umaibo_mentai.jpg
    umaibo_mentai.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 215
  • umaibo-vegetable-salad.jpg
    umaibo-vegetable-salad.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 174
  • 7c18f1591f_grande.jpg
    7c18f1591f_grande.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 2_022001000018s_grande.jpg
    2_022001000018s_grande.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 163
  • umaibo-cheese.jpg
    umaibo-cheese.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 71R4njvpZ9L._SY355_.jpg
    71R4njvpZ9L._SY355_.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 178
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 20181011_123.jpg
    20181011_123.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 164
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 20170731_015.jpg
    20170731_015.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Chocolate-Dorayaki-Dorachoco-Bulk-Pancake-40pcs-Dagashi-snack.jpg
    Chocolate-Dorayaki-Dorachoco-Bulk-Pancake-40pcs-Dagashi-snack.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 1b01705_a320.jpg
    1b01705_a320.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Dagashi-22-300x200.jpg
    Dagashi-22-300x200.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 231
  • HK-Marshmallows-01.jpg
    HK-Marshmallows-01.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 177

Guardsman42

SLAVA UKRAINI!!!
kiwifarms.net
Allow me to begin by saying that I believe that at the beginning of this video, the 'instructions sheet' is actually half a page from a Japanese newspaper used to wrap the sweets. There most definitely is one at the bottom of the box too. That means two things: 1. The seller was most likely Japanese and 2. The box was cheaper than the ones which come with an English translated guide. So... Good for her that she did not spend that much money, I guess? (Although, as others have pointed out as well, these would be infinitely cheaper in Japan anyways, so a bittersweet victory)

The corn puff snacks are called Umaibo - うまい棒 ('delicious sticks'). I can assure you they are really good, but her ignorant palate which has been marinating in Mrs. Dash for so long would never be capable to fully appreciate them. Most of them come in various flavours which would appeal to the majority of the Japanese population (Chicken Curry Rice, Corn Potage, Natto, Tonkatsu, Mayo Shrimp, even a sweet one which tastes like ラスク ), then there are some which are flavoured to resemble more widely liked dishes - such as Pizza.

In the video, the first umaibo they tried was Salami, followed by Spicy Fish Roe (めんたい味 - my all time favourite and most likely the reason why the cats were going crazy), Vegetable Salad, Teriyaki Burger, Takoyaki (a Japanese octopus dish with a special sauce, hence the darker colour) and Cheese (1000000000% better than a Cheetos).

Then, the Fried Chicken flavoured Texas popped corn is pretty self explanatory.

The DIY kit for soft serve strawberry ice cream cones - which ofc was too difficult to even attempt to use in this part - consists of a pink powder which you mix with some water and it basically 'foams up' and comes to resemble soft serve ice cream. Thereafter you can scoop it up onto the tiny cones which come with the kit and, if I remember correctly, it also comes with some sprinkles you can use to decorate it. Very sweet, though.

The Coke flavoured sherbet and lolly they guessed *mostly* right - does not taste like cream soda to me, but I have also never tried American cream soda.

The ' make your own flavour of gum kit' - no you can not swallow it - has four gum 'sticks' which are actually the 4 basic flavours (Apple, Grape, Peach and Yogurt) and are split in 3 or 4 sections each so that you can portion them and combine them one by one to obtain other new flavors (e.g. apple and grape make cherry and so on). The flavours are very realistic if you do it properly. Obviously, that's not the case here.

The cake bar is not a Twinkie nor a Fig Newton, but a 'cream filled cake roll'.

The tiny pancakes are called Dorayaki - どら焼き and have red bean paste in - between, not chocolate.

The non-alcoholic beer drink is called わるガキ びいる -warugaki biiru or 'bad boy beer' - suitable for children as well and it even foams just like real beer, but I personally don't like the taste too much. I thought she'd love it though, as it is cloyingly sweet and does not taste of beer whatsoever.

The 'chewy candy' is Mochi, a traditional sweet, I reckon the flavours might be grape or sakura flower, matcha etc.

Lastly, idk if our girl can't read or what not, but the Hello Kitty sweet says what it is on the packaging - Choco Marshmallow - so I don't know why she was soooo surprised. Most likely she just did not read what was on the packaging, though maybe her packaging was exclusively in Japanese (sometimes they also use the English name written in a lower case font).

I went ahead and included pictures as well.

Neat information. Of course now I want to go and find some of these things my self.

I take it that these are all fairly common and inexpensive treats?

メガンさん

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, extremely inexpensive. Also, most だがし or treat boxes I have seen online (e.g. On Amazon) contain an assortment of the snacks she's got there, whether they're the more or less expensive ones. I suppose it's up to the buyer and their level of knowledge regarding Japanese snacks (plus their original value) to decide whether they wanna pay more for the guide and a more 'spoon-fed' experience, or do the research themselves and cut off on the expenses.

Guardsman42

SLAVA UKRAINI!!!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, extremely inexpensive. Also, most だがし or treat boxes I have seen online (e.g. On Amazon) contain an assortment of the snacks she's got there, whether they're the more or less expensive ones. I suppose it's up to the buyer and their level of knowledge regarding Japanese snacks (plus their original value) to decide whether they wanna pay more for the guide and a more 'spoon-fed' experience, or do the research themselves and cut off on the expenses.

Thanks for letting us know.

Hamber aside, that ice cream powder just sounds weird and fun to try.

Pudgy Bear Claws

Did Santa shit on the floor?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Neat information. Of course now I want to go and find some of these things my self.

I take it that these are all fairly common and inexpensive treats?

I bought a giant box of mixed Umaibo from Amazon for around $20 a couple months ago with free Prime shipping. I love them (although I don't always know what flavor I'm eating, I haven't disliked any).

メガンさん

kiwifarms.net
Thanks for letting us know.

Hamber aside, that ice cream powder just sounds weird and fun to try.
It is really fun, but the overall texture and taste are rather peculiar - foamy-ish and kind of acidic but sweet still. They have bare other DIY kits for any food/dish you might think of (pizza, fries, sushi, choco-banana) in a sweet, miniature version, of course.

Strawberry Pocky

kiwifarms.net
Okay if I also keep you in mind, dude?
I'm no stranger to foreign foods and traveling while experiencing cuisine all over, and Japan has always been a passionate favourite of mine. It's a shame ALR of all fatass motherfuckers is besmirching things like dagashi and stuff with her shit videos.
I've always wanted to try Umaibo specifically so I'd love to throw a message your way if I pick up a mixed snack box or lot online in the future.

Rabbit Bones

He Rapes To Make That Money For His Family
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How can someone be such a picky eater yet fat as fuck? Also, Hambers squeals of delight when trying the food is mortifying. I've never seen someone that excited for food - ever. Even those actually starving have composure.
Neither of them are actually picky eaters. They just say it because they think it makes them look less gluttonous. Amber in particular is always going on about how she doesn't like bacon and pizza, and yet, she eats them both on the regular and in mass quantities. Becky probably is 'picky' in the sense she doesn't like anything that isn't what she's comfortable with, but as this video proves, she'll still eat it when it's presented to her. The only food I can see either of these heifers actually turning down would be fresh vegetables.

Strawberry Pocky

kiwifarms.net
Neither of them are actually picky eaters. They just say it because they think it makes them look less gluttonous. Amber in particular is always going on about how she doesn't like bacon and pizza, and yet, she eats them both on the regular and in mass quantities. Becky probably is 'picky' in the sense she doesn't like anything that isn't what she's comfortable with, but as this video proves, she'll still eat it when it's presented to her. The only food I can see either of these heifers actually turning down would be fresh vegetables.

Preeetttyyyyy much. The ONLY foods we have ever seen Necky ThumbTard ever not like or not eat have been fucking vegetables. Soecifically, green peppers, and I think maybe the onions in one of ALs hog-slop soups. One time. Bigass HamLard has never NOT eaten anything.
So you guys are right....when Fatty and Fatter play pretend that they are "picky eaters" its all just more stupid lying.

99% is a dumbass tries to say they are a PiCkY eAtEr (especially if they are overweight or obese) what they actually mean is "I am a petulant, anal fucking manchild pissbaby. I have the tastebuds of a literal toddler so I chose to only eat chicken nuggets, fries, pizza, fast food, hot dogs, chips, chocolate, etc etc etc" and will probably whine like a bitch if anything with vegetables, flavour, nuance, or spice comes anywhere near them.

メガンさん

kiwifarms.net
Okay if I also keep you in mind, dude?
I'm no stranger to foreign foods and traveling while experiencing cuisine all over, and Japan has always been a passionate favourite of mine. It's a shame ALR of all fatass motherfuckers is besmirching things like dagashi and stuff with her shit videos.
I've always wanted to try Umaibo specifically so I'd love to throw a message your way if I pick up a mixed snack box or lot online in the future.
sure thing 😊