Dramacow Amy Bouzaglo / Amanda Bossingham & Salomon "Samy" Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking Company) - Previously convicted couple, stolen tips from staff, sent death threats to Dr.Phil and Gordon Ramsay

Bugaboo

It is a good day to do what has to be done by me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These folks were on doctor Phil a while ago (AKA my secret alter ego)
I don't recall seeing this posted, but it's been a while since I've read this thread

Bugaboo

It is a good day to do what has to be done by me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gotta say, while I'm happy they finally shut down. I'm also surprised they weren't reported because of their behavior.
I think there was such a balance of psycho that they pretty much just made money from curious people who saw the show and heard the shit storm. Now that they're no longer relevant the curious patrons dried up and now they have no monies.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They didn't let their staff keep tips, short hanged their pay, and sold store bought items at 2-3x the price. where do you think the profit came from?
Yeah, but a billion years ago when they were on British Guy Yells At You there was some discussion about the gizmo to ring up the tickets on didn't have enough buttons for what the menu looked like, and there was the guy's shady connections so I assumed it was strictly a money-laundering operation.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I think there was such a balance of psycho that they pretty much just made money from curious people who saw the show and heard the shit storm. Now that they're no longer relevant the curious patrons dried up and now they have no monies.
Still, I'm surprised they never went under investigation by either the police or whomever is supposed to look into these matters.

AnOminous

when you find a stranger in the Alps
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but a billion years ago when they were on British Guy Yells At You there was some discussion about the gizmo to ring up the tickets on didn't have enough buttons for what the menu looked like, and there was the guy's shady connections so I assumed it was strictly a money-laundering operation.

If they were that criminally connected I would have expected a few Yelpers to wake up with a horse's head in their bed. If that guy's mobbed up, it's to the Milquetoast Family.

dunbrine47

ThE FaCe ThAt RuNs ThE PlAcE
kiwifarms.net
Saw the news of this a few days ago. Took you long enough to close down. Now hurry up and deal with the rest of your affairs and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently they weren't closed until last week.
AP said:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - A Phoenix-area restaurant that became notorious after the owners were seen yelling at unhappy customers and pocketing employees' tips during an episode of the Fox reality show, "Kitchen Nightmares," has closed.

The Arizona Republic reports (http://bit.ly/1JUq6rE) that Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale closed last week.

A phone number listed for the restaurant appeared to be disconnected.

Co-owner Amy Bouzaglo told The Associated Press in July that she and husband Samy Bouzaglo were in final negotiations to sell the property.

Bouzaglo said she planned to focus on making desserts other restaurants and instructional cooking videos.

She said the decision had nothing to do with publicity from the show.

The couple drew outrage and ridicule on social media after appearing with chef Gordon Ramsay in a May 2013 episode of the show.

Xarpho

He loves it!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they were that criminally connected I would have expected a few Yelpers to wake up with a horse's head in their bed. If that guy's mobbed up, it's to the Milquetoast Family.

Just because he's not sending goons out to do some leg breaking doesn't eliminate the possibility of it being a front for something illegal.

Axiom

Painfully Cute
kiwifarms.net
If it was a front, which seems likely, it was a terrible one. That place was hemorrhaging money, and a good chunk of whatever was laundered there was probably put right back into it just to keep it afloat. Front businesses also have to have some sort of client base in order not to look suspicious. A business that's pretty well known as one that nobody wants to go to EVER will look pretty suspicious if it still shows $1.2million a year passing through it. I'm not saying the IRS would be spending all its time looking for money launderers, but in a case this obvious, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some breathing down Samy's neck about it.