Dramacow Amy Bouzaglo / Amanda Bossingham & Salomon "Samy" Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking Company) - Previously convicted couple, stolen tips from staff, sent death threats to Dr.Phil and Gordon Ramsay

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bloke who got butthurt and accused Gordon Ramsey of planting a dead rat.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I swear to God that some of the stuff Kitchen Nightmares US did was completely and obviously staged. In the worst ways possible!

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
not to go too far off topic but if you want a show rich with lolcows: bar room rescue

Sounds even more staged and phony than some of the shit in Kitchen Nightmares US - where do I sign up???

DerSneedstrom

Shocked Mormon of Color, pronouns are fuck/you
kiwifarms.net
Sounds even more staged and phony than some of the shit in Kitchen Nightmares US - where do I sign up???

There are actually shows even worse than that. The most blatant one I've seen is Restaurant Stakeout, hosted by one of the biggest wannabee Bronx tough guy I've ever seen.

It was also incredibly, incredibly faked.

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
From what I understand, KN is actually one of the realer ones.
https://www.quora.com/How-real-staged-is-Kitchen-Nightmares

That's... Sobering to know. To be honest (confession time)... I actually loved this show more than Hell's Kitchen, but like any reality show, I was concerned that it might have all been fake. I still feel, however, that while we can agree that things in Kitchen Nightmares thankfully weren't completely staged, The UK version of the show is far superior, simply because it's not as over-ly dramatic and Ramsey seems like he's working with people who aren't as inexperienced with the whole restaurant business thing.

anusaurus

the ass is love
kiwifarms.net
Powerlevel here, I've worked on some of these kinds of shows.
None of them are "fake", in that they're not scripted. Things do get reshot from different angles, and if two people are having a dispute, the producers kinda get them together to force the issue so they get a good scene.
Food shows, it's harder to do this on ONLY if they show you it being a live food service.
Most of the shit that gets prepped gets sent to food banks, here.

Except in maybe Restaurant Impossible, I don't know of a single case where the owner or a manager didn't know the film crew was coming, so that whole SURPRISE ENTRANCE is staged.

I can go into more detail, but I think that pretty much covers most aspects of KN.

Amy knew she was going to be on the show, knew Gordon and crew were showing up that day, cuz there's a FUCK TONNE of film trucks that suddenly show up, craft services etc.
She tried to play some persona, he didn't put up with it, the rest seems pretty classic "caught without a pot to shit in" from her and her jewish mafia boyfriend.

Vitriol

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you mean me, it was totes on topic and trying to reel it back in from people supposing on what reality tv "is like".
If not, lets have dinner, bb.
I meant the whole last page.