And that thread's name? Albert Einstein. - Wu's personal r/thathappened

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That (what I'm assuming is) LiveJournal post about the motorcycle (I can't quote or reply to that post for some reason) is contradicted within itself. First he's an "Air Force guy" and then he's hanging out with his "Navy buddies"?

And yeah, troons seem to love sharing stories of them being the objects of sexual desire. But no one finds this ghoul attractive in the slightest.

This thread has giving me lots of lulz so I held my breath and dug into stink ditch's Twitter for this gem:
View attachment 865048

Bonus: Pot, meet kettle (but the kettle identifies as a pot):
View attachment 865053
Isn't it about time for John to boast about his Porsche again, to impress upon the voters of District 8 how much he has in common with them?

I wonder how he's going to buy piano skills.

Player piano? Hand syncing? Straight up lying?
I'm going with lying. Yet another absolute bullshit claim of a talent he doesn't have. Is this man 100 years old? He'd have to be that old to have all the skills he claims to have.

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Admitting to committing a crime (that you never even committed) is an odd campaign strategy. Promoting negative growth of your own support base is pretty stupid.

He's also contradicting his story that his parents constantly put him down, too.
Crash Wuverride: I've got a record. I was Zero Cool.
Lord Nikon: Yo! This is Zero Cool. I thought you was a dude, man.
Crash Wuverride: I was.

Funnily enough, hacking computer systems probably wouldn't have been any sort of crime at the time if the six yo Johnny boy had been capable of it. It wasn't until 1986 that computer misuse was actually legislated. Until then, any prosecution would have to have been shoehorned in to various other ill-fitting statutes and any competent lawyer would probably get you off. There was no legislation because computer crime didn't happen.

In any case BBSes didn't really exist in those days, at least not in the sense that Wu seems to imply, with security and with files to share. The nascent hacking and phreaking scenes were mostly spread in person in big cities, and I don't suppose much of that culture ever spread to suburban Mississippi. You could probably get in to a number of university telnet endpoints with little or no security if you actually had a modem and the number, which almost nobody did. Wu has also said previously she didn't get her first computer until the late 80s.

I also doubt that any six yo kid would get anything out of Wargames. It's a kids movie, sure, but it's pretty squarely aimed at tweens to younger teens. I can't imagine little Johnny begging his parents to take him to see it and coming away with a burning desire to become a l33t haxx0r.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A brand new one for the thread.

View attachment 1009897

Yeah, no.
This is one of John's dumber claims. By 1983, when Wargames was released, acoustic coupled modems were already somewhat quaint. Although they would still have been in use, most people who purchased a modem at this time would purchase the classic style modem that you simply plugged into an RJ-11 landline. If you were as rich as John's parents, you'd probably buy one of the newer 2400 baud modems and not care about the price.

But 1200 baud modems were reasonably priced, at about $600 and even a poor black child like Mississippi John sometimes was could get a 300 baud modem for about $150.

Sample ad from December 1983.

Now, I suppose it's possible John actually did get one at this time. It would have been possible. But he would have had to go out of his way specifically to get something well on its way to obsolescence just because he saw it in a movie. Come to think of it, John could have done this, but it would have been stupid to do even in 1983.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
There were BBSs dedicated to pirating shit so it’s not like you would need to “hack” one to get free stuff
You also didn't "hack" BBSes to download stuff at 2400 bps for hours on end. Most BBSes had one or two lines, with a few big ones having an actual rack of modems. The owner would often be online at the same time as you were, and could tell what everyone was doing. "Hacks" would mostly just be to annoy the owner and other users. Actually downloading stuff unauthorized would take a ridiculously long time, and most BBSes had some kind of time and download limit. You could usually just download whatever you wanted that was on there, legal or not, with your only real limit being any time or size limits the op set.

John is just making shit up again.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
>That isnt how BBS services worked
You just signed up for them. They were usually single person owned systems and you'd often be sharing that system with the person who owned it. If you were hogging their lines they'd kick you off. Some had upload/download ratios you had to meet. You didn't "hack" them at least not to download things. Maybe to win at TradeWars 2002. Or just to annoy the op, who might even be someone you'd personally met if you were limited to local calls.

Phreaking would be a lot more common with BBSes to get free long distance for calling distant BBSes. But that had nothing to do with the BBS itself.

And as someone pointed out in the main thread, John would have been 6 at the time.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
You just signed up for them. They were usually single person owned systems and you'd often be sharing that system with the person who owned it. If you were hogging their lines they'd kick you off. Some had upload/download ratios you had to meet. You didn't "hack" them at least not to download things. Maybe to win at TradeWars 2002. Or just to annoy the op, who might even be someone you'd personally met if you were limited to local calls.

Phreaking would be a lot more common with BBSes to get free long distance for calling distant BBSes. But that had nothing to do with the BBS itself.

And as someone pointed out in the main thread, John would have been 6 at the time.
And Wargames was not appropriate for a 6 year old to watch. an 8-10 year old MAYBE but by then Modems went through a revolution or two. I mean I was the same age as her and thats when I saw it

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
John probably went into BBSs right about the time all of the cool people were going onto the Internet. He probably whined his way into access to some lame warez section on one of the boards. He promoted this into "hacking" the boards later on.

And that's me being generous, and assuming any factual foundation at all for this shit.

stupid moron

REALLY, REALLY, dumb
kiwifarms.net
John probably went into BBSs right about the time all of the cool people were going onto the Internet. He probably whined his way into access to some lame warez section on one of the boards. He promoted this into "hacking" the boards later on.

And that's me being generous, and assuming any factual foundation at all for this shit.
The foundation is wu “hacking” winrar by closing the your trial has expired window every time it pops up

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

he put a baby in my butt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like John recently saw wargames for the first time and just made this all up while in an ambien fit or something. there's no way that there's even a kernel of truth in any of this. wasn't he supposed to be in "the system" around this time? why does he have to be child-genius level at everything instead of normal garage geek?

Fleshy Sanik

Sanik is NOT blue!!
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like John recently saw wargames for the first time and just made this all up while in an ambien fit or something. there's no way that there's even a kernel of truth in any of this. wasn't he supposed to be in "the system" around this time? why does he have to be child-genius level at everything instead of normal garage geek?
Having never accomplished anything he has nothing to contrast and compare with for his lies. It is the difference between an experienced fisherman claiming to have caught a 500kg sturgeon and some random claiming to have caught a 500kg prawn

Tags
None