Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston / CattyN - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why so salty about MCAD? You’ve graduated didn’t you Andy?
He's salty for the same reason that all these other whiny grown children are salty about their higher education and like to shriek that they were "lied to" about it, he assumed that his diploma was a coupon redeemable for his dream career with no effort whatsoever on his part.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
He's salty for the same reason that all these other whiny grown children are salty about their higher education and like to shriek that they were "lied to" about it, he assumed that his diploma was a coupon redeemable for his dream career with no effort whatsoever on his part.
I never understand where the "lied" part comes from. Nobody ever says "oh yeah have X diploma subject and it'll be your golden ticket into the working world", anyone with a half brain knows that a diploma is mostly seen as that you least studied in some type of subject, hell it may not even be for the job you're applying.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
Why is anyone thinking about these movies?
Dobson is trying to stan for Captain Marvel by claiming other MCU films were worse.
Except for Brie Larson in her best movie is less charismatic and likable than Robert Downy Jr in his worst movie.
This isn't Dobson's first delusion, and won't be his last.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dobson is trying to stan for Captain Marvel by claiming other MCU films were worse.
Except for Brie Larson in her best movie is less charismatic and likable than Robert Downy Jr in his worst movie.
This isn't Dobson's first delusion, and won't be his last.
Saddest part, lots of chuckle fucks play this angle and deep down never will cop CM on DVD or watch it at all.
Dobbo is so in dire need to be a cool kid he's drunk off the kool aid and probably really thinks it anymore.

Really in a way it's a blessing for him, he's always had bad taste but he's also really lazy so now he just has senpais to tell him what to think that leave more time to mope and stuff himself with micky D's.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna play the Devil's Advocate a little and say that I have heard many successful pro artists reject the idea that you need a degree to get a job in your field, and say that art school can be a huge waste of time. Your degree isn't as important as a portfolio when it comes to getting a job, and if your portfolio teacher is a pretentious fag then you can find sources online of how to assemble one. A local community college with a good art program can be a better way to go for a variety of reasons.
HOWEVER- and this ties into the comment about CCs- you can't really replace the classroom setting if you're learning on your own. Local art centers will have classes but they aren't going to be like a college art class, where the teacher provides you with very specific parameters to work with. Imposed guidelines can be super helpful in creating art, it's not as daunting as "here's some paper, do whatever you want". Looking at his old art from college you can see that he was producing much better work, and I think that he does much better when given specific direction. I would assume that animation is a little easier to learn in a classroom as well, with a teacher who knows how to do shit giving assignments focused on learning a certain element of the process. And most importantly you do have to be putting in the effort to learn and working to better your skills. And you know, update your portfolio instead of using the same one for 10 years.
So really I do agree with Dobson on the point that art school is overpriced and overhyped. Yet doesn't change the fact that he's way too quick to blame MCAD for his lack of success.
The other thing to keep in mind about art schools is that a big selling point they all advertise is that they give you connections. CalArts, for instance, often justifies their high costs by pointing out that their alumni are way more likely to be hired directly by the big name studios - a claim not entirely unfounded when you look at the actual break downs for hires by school - so it’s more like you’re buying backdoor access to meet recruiters before other alumni on top of an education.

It’s still a scummy practice considering those schools are still price gouging out the ass and putting equally talented people at a disadvantage for not being able to get the “right” education or connections, but as you said none of this applies to Dobson as his problem has always been a lack of discipline and the personality of a pile of moist toilet paper.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I never understand where the "lied" part comes from. Nobody ever says "oh yeah have X diploma subject and it'll be your golden ticket into the working world", anyone with a half brain knows that a diploma is mostly seen as that you least studied in some type of subject, hell it may not even be for the job you're applying.
No, what they actually said was "You won't be successful without a college diploma" (which is in fact a lie but nevermind). These idiots chose to hear that as "You will definitely be successful if you get a college diploma."

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone really hate Iron Man 2 in this day and age? I'm pretty sure more people shit talk Ant Man, Captain Marvel, Hulk, or Thor 2 more than anything.
The only complaint I've heard about IM2 is it wasn't as good IM1.

(I've also never heard anyone shit talk Ant Man or Thor 2 (Thor 1 however....) )

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Ain't that the truth. I find it funny how Dobson and his ilk try to dunk on people, but instead are making their own worst enemies.

It's probably Dobsons biggest issue online he can dish it out but he can not only never take it but doesnt even consider the idea it will be thrown back at him.
It's fascinating because Dobson can hold a grudge like a dog with a bone but he never considers "hey maybe that guy will fucking hate me now." consider how he treats Republicans and statistically potentially 30-40% of the population will eventually despise Dobson after prolonged contact as he constantly calls them fascist murderers

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
consider how he treats Republicans and statistically potentially 30-40% of the population will eventually despise Dobson after prolonged contact as he constantly calls them fascist murderers
Actually I'm pretty sure that close to 100% of the population will eventually despise Dobson after prolonged contact, although not necessarily for being called fascist murderers. He doesn't seem to figure that one out either though