Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston / CattyN - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Mr. Manchester

Get up
kiwifarms.net
"I don't have anything other to say than "YIKES!""

There are times, ladies and gentlemen, where I wonder if Dobson is fucking with us all. Like he's some great master of parody and just shits around online as some high art experiment. Saving choice comments of hate throughout the internet and displaying them in some private gallery for rich weirdos.

Or he's just a pathetic faggot. Take your pick.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
515EBE57-3860-483B-82E1-BB24547A5775.jpeg

It literally just looks like a 2D filter. Like all he did was trace a 3d image and have a computer program copy the animation. I really don’t understand why he’s bragging about this.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
"I don't have anything other to say than "YIKES!""

There are times, ladies and gentlemen, where I wonder if Dobson is fucking with us all. Like he's some great master of parody and just shits around online as some high art experiment. Saving choice comments of hate throughout the internet and displaying them in some private gallery for rich weirdos.

Or he's just a pathetic faggot. Take your pick.
I'll take "Pathetic bald faggot" for 500 Alex.

IceGray

"Dude, where's the bus?"
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 888732

It literally just looks like a 2D filter. Like all he did was trace a 3d image and have a computer program copy the animation. I really don’t understand why he’s bragging about this.
If this were true, he'd mention the name of the program in question. But he won't, since someone could let the air out of his balloon.

Doctor Placebo

Western education is sin.
kiwifarms.net
Kill La Kill is as laden with titillating imagery as it is with deep themes regarding human nature: totalitarianism vs personal freedom, hierarchies, social status, militarism and yes, fashion as an uniquely human form of communicating many of those very themes. But Dobson would be too stupid to even grasp any of it as he'll probably disregard it as "Sexist Crap".

We should be thankful he hasn't payed attention to it, I don't want to see a Ryuko Matoi fan art with about a hundred expression lines on her face.
I have another possible theory. Dobson watched Kill la Kill on the downlow and liked it, possibly for less than wholesome reasons, but he can't come out and fanboy over it because he knows he'll get ripped apart for being a huge hypocrite for liking such an in-your-face fanservicey show after all the whining he's done about muh male gaze and objectification. Plus his whole "no anime" thing.

Consider how much Dobson has been doing not so subtle nods to adult content in his recent fanart of children's cartoons. He did 50 Shades of Grey and MLB. Is it that much of a stretch that he would do KLK and MLB?

Also, most fandoms that Dobson has jumped on publicly have been at least as much about shameless bandwagoning attempts to get popularity as about him genuinely liking the shows. The only exceptions I can think of are Other M and the old LotZ cartoon, and he was fanboying over those a long time ago. Current year Dobson's fanboying has felt much more calculated and cynical in comparison. Kill la Kill isn't that weird combo of popular yet niche with fanartists enough for him to rake in benefits from doing fanart, and it's way too problematic for the crowd he's trying desperately to get in with to get their approval.

So my theory is that Dobson isn't doing his fan schtick for Kill la Kill or directly referencing it because he's ashamed of liking it, much like his old inflation fetish, and his current fan schtick is entirely phony and based around self promotion.

But maybe that's overthinking it.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't get this "see themselves in media" thing. Unless they have a fucking identical twin who's an actor, or they're an actor themselves, then NO, they literally do not get to see themselves in media. A person of the same skin color/race/sexuality is NOT "seeing yourself in media".
It's from interviews with old gays and blacks who grew up during the 50s-70s being amazed when for the first time ever someone of their category doing something non-stereotypical was shown on mainstream television/movies (or a non-evil gay character was portrayed at all). Astroturfing half the cast with token minorities won't recapture this effect, because the affirmation of "I'm not some isolated lunatic" only happens the first time but SJWs think that people are goldfish or don't understand diminishing returns.

Doctor Placebo

Western education is sin.
kiwifarms.net
It's from interviews with old gays and blacks who grew up during the 50s-70s being amazed when for the first time ever someone of their category doing something non-stereotypical was shown on mainstream television/movies (or a non-evil gay character was portrayed at all). Astroturfing half the cast with token minorities won't recapture this effect, because the affirmation of "I'm not some isolated lunatic" only happens the first time but SJWs think that people are goldfish or don't understand diminishing returns.
50's to 70's is too generous. Black people have been doing non-stereotypical roles since at least the 60's in Hollywood. That was Sidney Poitier's whole schtick. Women have been doing it since black and white films, possibly since silent films. There was never a time in the modern era when the arts were as steeped in conservative conformity as SJW's pretend they used to be. Even during eras like the red scare and the comic's code, creators pushed the restrictions to the limit and there was always a big underground scene. Filmmakers used to be pushing the envelope of the culture, until the culture became overwhelmingly liberal and then all the lefties in the industry immediately started trying to stamp out any real counter culture that wasn't Marxist. They've been a lot more effective at doing what they accuse conservatives of than the old-timey conservatives were.

The good news is that what they're doing is almost certainly unsustainable and even now a new underground is developing. The arts will always be full of counter-culture types who hate being restricted by the powers that be, and since the powers that be in entertainment are currently leftist, a lot of younger artists are going to be pushed further to the right than they have in previous eras.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The good news is that what they're doing is almost certainly unsustainable and even now a new underground is developing. The arts will always be full of counter-culture types who hate being restricted by the powers that be, and since the powers that be in entertainment are currently leftist, a lot of younger artists are going to be pushed further to the right than they have in previous eras.
This makes me feel better!

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
20D4A4E1-19AC-48A9-99BE-3C8A51CC1359.jpegC571C585-0376-44C7-909A-D47029050CB6.jpeg

Again, Dobson. You TRACED the image. You didn’t draw them, you TRACED.

And yes, this is actually a new post.