Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston / CattyN - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
dobson gets asspats on his asspatgram impostor syndrome post
(note: oliverrockets is Dob's canadian troon friend from twitter, Oliver Danger)
1565986154644.png

1565986212643.png

More replies on "does this Kwami make me look fat?"
1565986347730.png

1565986373092.png

1565986407785.png

OK I'm watching the episode in question, and the bolt of memory erase hits Ladybug in the chest. So I can kinda see why Dobson thinks that in order to "hit" tiki, that tiki would have to BE the suit. However, his logic is flawed, as Ladybug isn't hit in the HEAD. Following dobson's OWN logic in this regard, Marinette could not have had her memory erased because the memory erase bolt didn't hit her in the HEAD. Same with Cat Noir as he's hit in the shoulder. Obviously, dobson, the memory erase bolt affects everything touching the person, meaning you could get hit in the pinky toe and still have your memory erased, so it's not a far stretch for it to affect the Kwami in the miraculous jewellry, without this cray cray notion that the Kwami ARE the suit.

Dobson spergs about automation:
1565987964986.png

1565987989101.png

Comments: (LOL!)
1565988030893.png

No, dobson, they mean when will AI robots be able to draw cartoons. Not the whole, humans using CGI instead of Traditional Animation, you sperg.

1565988088316.png

1565988102927.png

Straightup tumblr wtfery:
1565988169648.png

1565988498225.png

1565988509308.png

1565988522360.png

dafuq am i just about to read:
(Dobson reblogs a thread about Gaston in Beauty and the Beast):
1565988627448.png

1565988649234.png

1565988666808.png

1565988680984.png

1565988706871.png

1565988720398.png

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1565987964986.png
Call me ignorrant, but I doubt Trucking is the biggest branch of employment in the US...
Also, the insinuation that every logistics company will just hop on the slef-driving-truck bandwaggon is ridiculous. You could have 10 guys drive around for years for the same cost of one automated truck . . . and you'd still need someone to do the menial work that the "truck" can't do, like unloading the truck itself or even something as benign as paperwork.

Sure, a lot of jobs will be lost to automation in the future, but Dobson is talking out of his ass here.
JFC, Gaston is the parody of a hero-type person cranked up to 11.
He's an arrogant, over-confident asshole, who's used to being the focus of attention and he is absolutely dumbfounded when he hears someone telling him "no". He's not by any means a power or wish-fulfillment fantasy.

And besides, the whole "he's funny and can play lots of instruments" shtick is ridiculous. Just google "Fabio Cover" and you'll see a shitton of images strictly for the purpose of selling crappy romance novels to women and I do see a whole fucking lot of arm muscles and abs, but I certainly don't see him anywhere playing the piano.
fabio.png

Last edited:

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every now and then, Dobson mentions how he's "grown" over the years, but ever notice? He never actually says how. And I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here that he's not talking about his waistline or the increasing volume of the huge gelatinous ass he's carrying around. How, Dobson? How exactly have you grown as a person? You're still a liar. A tracer. A know-it-all. A condescending prick, even to people who are nice to you. You're still a proto-pedo, jerkin' it over young girls to fuel your underage lesbian fantasies. So, how have you grown or become a better person? What, by parroting woke social justice stuff on social media? Is that growing as a person? Love to know, Dobby, exactly what you mean by all this talk of "growth."

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every now and then, Dobson mentions how he's "grown" over the years, but ever notice? He never actually says how. And I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here that he's not talking about his waistline or the increasing volume of the huge gelatinous ass he's carrying around. How, Dobson? How exactly have you grown as a person? You're still a liar. A tracer. A know-it-all. A condescending prick, even to people who are nice to you. You're still a proto-pedo, jerkin' it over young girls to fuel your underage lesbian fantasies. So, how have you grown or become a better person? What, by parroting woke social justice stuff on social media? Is that growing as a person? Love to know, Dobby, exactly what you mean by all this talk of "growth."
I think that’s exactly it, he probably had less PC opinions in the 90s/2000s when society as a whole did compared to the current woke Tumblr approved opinions.

He likes to repost them thinking it makes him a better person while also using it as a mask for his teen lesbian fetish.

MarineN*423543

kiwifarms.net
when he talks about growth i cannt help but think on cwc, is the same, empty excuses.

I think that’s exactly it, he probably had less PC opinions in the 90s/2000s when society as a whole did compared to the current woke Tumblr approved opinions.

He likes to repost them thinking it makes him a better person while also using it as a mask for his pedo fetish.
FITFY

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
I have never seen even a single soul try to claim that Gaston is a woman's fantasy. I've seen more people say that princes like Shang and Eric and Aladdin and (if you want a more recent example) Flynn Rider were their childhood crushes. Not to mention almost all of them are at least somewhat muscular and very conventionally attractive which doesn't help the OP's argument that lanky, skinny, feminine guys are absolutely what every woman crushes on.

I've also never seen anyone ever claim that Roger is the average woman's dream and the most sexy man in all of Disney Canon. The human couple was literally the most forgettable part of the whole goddamn movie. Where is the OP getting all this bullshit from?

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have never seen even a single soul try to claim that Gaston is a woman's fantasy. I've seen more people say that princes like Shang and Eric and Aladdin and (if you want a more recent example) Flynn Rider were their childhood crushes. Not to mention almost all of them are at least somewhat muscular and very conventionally attractive which doesn't help the OP's argument that lanky, skinny, feminine guys are absolutely what every woman crushes on.

I've also never seen anyone ever claim that Roger is the average woman's dream and the most sexy man in all of Disney Canon. The human couple was literally the most forgettable part of the whole goddamn movie. Where is the OP getting all this bullshit from?
Her ass, of course. Wishful thinking and the presumption of opinions is the bread and butter of these people and their rhetoric.

It's also strange when people criticise early Disney for their portrayal of the Disney Princesses, all I'm wondering is:
What's the name of the Prince in Snow White, Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty? It's almost surprising that they even have names.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
What's the name of the Prince in Snow White, Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty? It's almost surprising that they even have names.
They're kind of like David Manners.

David Manners? He was the good guy romantic lead male in Dracula, The Mummy, and Black Cat. I would bet the only people who even know that he fought Lugosi and Karloff twice are Universal classic horror film geeks.

In Heaven

In Heaven, everything is fine...
kiwifarms.net
Her ass, of course. Wishful thinking and the presumption of opinions is the bread and butter of these people and their rhetoric.

It's also strange when people criticise early Disney for their portrayal of the Disney Princesses, all I'm wondering is:
In fairness to Snow White's prince, he WAS supposed to have a pretty meaty role in the original film. It's just that (IIRC) he was a HUGE pain in the ass to animate, so his role was reduced. You know all the shit Prince Philip does in Sleeping Beauty? Yeah, those were all scrapped plans from Snow White's prince story arc.

Anyway, bringing back to Dobson... I'm surprised he reblogged something like that. I would've thought he'd be against the idea of having characters who WEREN'T giant fatasses like himself.

elder god

kiwifarms.net
wahh, impostor syndrome!
View attachment 893078
Dobson is over 40 and his great life accomplishment is.... getting 3000 followers on Facebook. Yeah, you don't have impostor syndrome, you have reality syndrome.

dobson gets asspats on his asspatgram impostor syndrome post
(note: oliverrockets is Dob's canadian troon friend from twitter, Oliver Danger)
View attachment 894089
View attachment 894091

More replies on "does this Kwami make me look fat?"
View attachment 894093
View attachment 894096
View attachment 894097

OK I'm watching the episode in question, and the bolt of memory erase hits Ladybug in the chest. So I can kinda see why Dobson thinks that in order to "hit" tiki, that tiki would have to BE the suit. However, his logic is flawed, as Ladybug isn't hit in the HEAD. Following dobson's OWN logic in this regard, Marinette could not have had her memory erased because the memory erase bolt didn't hit her in the HEAD. Same with Cat Noir as he's hit in the shoulder. Obviously, dobson, the memory erase bolt affects everything touching the person, meaning you could get hit in the pinky toe and still have your memory erased, so it's not a far stretch for it to affect the Kwami in the miraculous jewellry, without this cray cray notion that the Kwami ARE the suit.

View attachment 894152
View attachment 894154

Comments: (LOL!)
View attachment 894155
No, dobson, they mean when will AI robots be able to draw cartoons. Not the whole, humans using CGI instead of Traditional Animation, you sperg.

View attachment 894157
View attachment 894158

Straightup tumblr wtfery:
View attachment 894159

View attachment 894165
View attachment 894167
View attachment 894168

dafuq am i just about to read:
(Dobson reblogs a thread about Gaston in Beauty and the Beast):
View attachment 894172
View attachment 894173
View attachment 894174
View attachment 894175
View attachment 894176
View attachment 894177
1) Spoiler, power leveling about automation. TLDR, Yangtards don't get it

Automation keeps getting brought up, and yet nobody on that facebook really gets it. We are still going to need welders, mechanics, etc. Building a machine is expensive as fuck, the only reason its so worth it for assembly lines, and other products is that the cost or running the machine, updating it's software, maintaining it, etc. is all lower than paying an employee only once the machine has done the same job over and over again, without fail, for a long time, its not a short term quick fix solution, automation takes time for it to be cheaper. Most people get this, what they don't get is that replacing an employee with a machine isn't easy. There is a reason cashiers are being taken over, because all they have to do is register products and ask for money. Once the electronics catch up, it will be taken over, and in many places, it has been. The problem is that, for example, to have a welding robot work, you have 2 options, design it for one pattern and have the pattern repeated on a ton of items, or make a machine capable of figuring out what pattern needs to be welded and has the dexterity to weld all those patterns. The former is done with cars, among other equipment that is mass produced, the latter hasn't been figured out yet, which is why welders still exist as a profession. (You see the latter mostly on high price low volume items such as ships, mining shovels, etc.) This is also why data analysis is being handled by machines, they can go over data much quicker than a human can and recognize similar patterns. Even then they need their work checked by a human, because pattern recognition isn't a robot's strong suite. Another issue that nobody thinks about is that automation is quickly taking jobs by making it so one person can do the work of what used to take multiple people. We still need people to do the jobs, just less people, its a problem that will require a real solution, not demanding the government give out free money like the Yangtards believe. There will still need to be people working, and it will likely be boring jobs unfortunately. Long post but I really hate how stupid people are about automation. Its a complex issue that too many people oversimplify and use the oversimplification as if it is the actual reality.

2) it wasn't men who made twilight and 50 shades a thing....

Last edited:

RileyV

kiwifarms.net
More animation back and forth sperging:

View attachment 896338
View attachment 896340
Yeah... someone should tell Dobbo that, yes, while there was a great difference in Garfield's design done over several years, eventually the simplification stopped and everyone's designs remained very consistent for decades afterwards, whether through shows, comics, etc.

Dobson also seems to want to ignore the fact that there are many different board driven shows/projects in the past which at least remained internally consistent within itself; like Looney Tunes. Yes, you can have slightly different designs of the characters based off the animator/director, but within the short itself, it won't change unless it's literally part of the style like Clampett.

I don't mind SU, and can usually ignore major art flubs, but trying to ignore or dismiss the problem of not boarding consistently helps no one. As I'd never seen the show previously, I binged the entire series (to date) of OK KO, since its going to end soon. And... the art complaints for SU are even worse there (storywise, it's a mostly filler "COMEDY!1" show, but the plot that substantial is alright). I wasn't even looking to try to play art critic, but the binging just made things more apparent, I dunno.

Now this is legit sad news. Williams really was a great animator who deserved a bit more public recognition.

The only thing about this news is Dobson talking about Williams' perfectionism leading him to miss deadlines, and I just remember the Samus commission fiasco, and just KNOW he wants to compare himself to Williams in that regard.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love the way the guy pontificating about the finer points of animation and telling someone to go and make their own cartoon has, himself, never actually worked in the animation industry. Nor has he done much animation beyond making a few animated GIFs in the past decade. This despite getting a pricey degree in animation and having plenty of opportunities to break into the business.

Belvedere

kiwifarms.net
Wow, Dobson, went full on condescending asshole on that one reply. Jesus the wording comes straight from "SJW-shame-tactic" rule book. Choice quotes:

"I find it offensive that you'd INSIST that a show like Steven Universe MUST look like ...
... it's unrealistic and kinda gross TBH".

Being offended is not an argument, neither calling for an animated production to have standards of quality control "gross".

"... to call it lazy or bad is just showing the ignorance on your part."

Oh boy! Was this also the type of response Dobson gave to his airport supervisor/landlord when they found him sleeping at the job or not doing his janitorial duties? Imagine the arrogance to call people "ignorant" for pointing out the blatant inconsistencies and mistakes in SU and try to pass it up as the token response of the artist that hates criticism: "It is a stylistic choice, it was done on purpose." When enough people point out the same issues over and over again about your "style" maybe it is time to realize that not everyone else is just ignorant, but rather that your "style" really is lazy and bad.

"You don't have to LIKE it, but you should be able to RESPECT it."

Respect is not given, it is earned. Why would someone who clearly sees that the show has glaring problems keeping designs consistent give it respect? Does the hipsters that produce the show respect the Korean animation team that have to try to make heads and tails of the clusterfuck that are the storyboards they get sent instead of relying on consistent and tried and true designs. I wonder how much of the animation team's time was wasted because they had to do after-the-fact corrections because going by the storyboards alone resulted in mistakes so bad that even the US production team had to reject certain scenes and ask for do overs.

And now for the crème de la crème of a fifth grader's argumentative tool box:

"And if you don't like it, go make your own cartoon and prove you can do it better."

:story: The laziest, most non sequitur response anyone can give. That reply's only purpose is to serve as a flimsy shield to criticism. It is so hypocrytical of him to lob such an argument as if he were in any position to bring it up. As @UtopiaGuy said, it is quite lovely how someone that has not earn a single dime working professionally as an animator to try to lecture others who have chosen other professional paths to do so.

As for Richard Williams death, the man was a genius and a talented visionary whose legacy and teachings will be remembered for years to come. ...

... I've already started the clock to time how long it takes for creeps of "the outrage brigade" to accuse Richard Williams of being a sexist misogynist for producing animation that is problematic and gross.

who_framed_roger_rabbit_artwork_character_design_32.jpg