Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston / CattyN - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
I'd honestly feel sorry for any pet having to spend time around Dobson.
Back in the day, I think it was the place they lived in before he got the place that was cheap because he was also the janitor, they lost their deposit because he didn't properly clean up cat shit that was on the carpet.

While cats are easier since they're more independent, a dog would probably be better for him because he'd finally get the attention he wants and maybe feel a little joy in his self inflicted miserable life. Assuming his parents are the ones taking care of it, I'd never trust him with a fish, much less a puppy.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Even though Dobson was less vocal about his private life after breaking up with his girlfriend (something I wish we knew more about), I have a feeling that the cat(s) were his girlfriend's, and he hasn't had any pets since then. It works for him because any living creature would be too hard for him to care for anyways due to his terminal laziness. A toy would be much better for him.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
That stupid bat comic always annoyed me. The lady goes to a con dressed as Powergirl and is mad that a dude is taking a picture.
You know, I'll give it to Dobson here. The Dude isn't just taking a picture, he's being an ass about it.

I don't believe it's an honest depiction of a real event, but if it were and con security threw photo guy out, I wouldn't be on his side.

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
You know, I'll give it to Dobson here. The Dude isn't just taking a picture, he's being an ass about it.

I don't believe it's an honest depiction of a real event, but if it were and con security threw photo guy out, I wouldn't be on his side.
It's not an honest depiction of the real event. We've seen the event that actually inspired this comic:
q1gb5ymn2ut31.jpg

If it wasn't for the fact that Dobson has an aversion to heterosexual sex, I would say he was likely just angry that the cosplayer didn't pose in front of him.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The funny thing to me is knowing that, if this ever happened in real life, Dobson would be the last person to do anything about it. He'd never "spring into action," let alone take a baseball bat to the offender. He would just sit there. Also funny is the girl saying, "Understood!" So she's on board with white-knighting as well, eh, Dobbo? Almost as unrealistic as Dobson leaping in to the situation is that a girl approached him at a con as a fan of his comics.

speider

A cartoon teenager
kiwifarms.net
It's not an honest depiction of the real event. We've seen the event that actually inspired this comic:
View attachment 1397338

If it wasn't for the fact that Dobson has an aversion to heterosexual sex, I would say he was likely just angry that the cosplayer didn't pose in front of him.
Love that Al Bundy manspreading pose. Could't be more anti-feminism with comparison to that comic.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just to be pedantic, that is a picture of a cosplayer. It does not prove or disprove that some stranger pissed her off by talking about her boobs.
Theoretically, Dobson is there in the background (wearing his fedora), although it may be a photoshopped image or another person. Dobbo said he wasn't at the same con as this chick, and claims he just made up the comic.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
Theoretically, Dobson is there in the background (wearing his fedora), although it may be a photoshopped image or another person. Dobbo said he wasn't at the same con as this chick, and claims he just made up the comic.
Fair enough. So, assuming it's entirely made up...

Manic Pixie Nightmare Girls is another cowtoonist with a thread on this site. A common observation is that she presents her "villains" as quite sympathetic and her "protagonists" as absolute shit. I've practically made "Why does she think anyone would sympathize with the protagonist here?" a macro.

This strip isn't like this. Someone acts like a jerk and gets his comeuppance. Lame power fantasy, yes, but at least it works at the very basic level of "This is a bad person. A bad thing happens to them." So, y'know, there's worse stuff out there, some of it by Dobson.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This strip isn't like this. Someone acts like a jerk and gets his comeuppance. Lame power fantasy, yes, but at least it works at the very basic level of "This is a bad person. A bad thing happens to them." So, y'know, there's worse stuff out there, some of it by Dobson.
I mean yeah it's the exact same formula that whatsisfuck uses for every Shortpacked comic ever, complete with the use of a token "minority" lauding and giving blessings to the impending smackdown.

• Agree
Reactions: Koby_Fish

dag1984

kiwifarms.net
I mean yeah it's the exact same formula that whatsisfuck uses for every Shortpacked comic ever, complete with the use of a token "minority" lauding and giving blessings to the impending smackdown.
Well not the "exact" same formula. David Willis also includes some juvenile jab at his parents for lying to him growing up, and how awful Christians are.

• Agree

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well not the "exact" same formula. David Willis also includes some juvenile jab at his parents for lying to him growing up, and how awful Christians are.
I think that's more his post-Shortpacked stuff, though it occasionally showed up there too. Generally Shortpacked hewed closer to Dobson's thing of "all white people, men, and nerds are pure evil except for me, who is a good, pure, and right about everything".

• Agree

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
I brought this up in the MovieBob thread but the more I think about it, Dobson would use Joel Schumacher's death to take shots at the dudebros for wanting a "serious" Batman. It will be much like what he tweeted when Adam West died.
Let's be happy that he's not around for this one. I can only imagine his response would have garnered blowback at a magnitude similar to his Zelda Williams fiasco.

MechaWashington

kiwifarms.net
Can someone post tweets made of Dobson when he went to that fake comic con? i have his tweets complaining that women were disturbed by him but i want to see the tweets made by the women themselves.

im slowly becoming a Dobson historian and from what i can gather is that he has some intense childhood scars from bullying and shyness. Basically, he's still a child trapped in a mans body. Kinda like a fucked up Alan Moore Captain Marvel. There's a comic he made were he denied a friend requesst froma bully years later. For all we know, the bully might of wanted to make amends.

In fact, Dobson reminds me a lot of this character from Aggretsuko, Anai. Extremely hard to approach and uncooperative.
Gaijinpot-Articles-Aggretsuko-Anai-2-1024x576.jpg