Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston / CattyN - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Belvedere

kiwifarms.net
The only other option I can think of to find out if he is still active online is if he has been playing some multiplayer game in his Switch. I'll have to ask if anyone knows his Nintendo profile and if there is any way to track if there is any activity on said account.

Not than that would gives us much information but at least it would be an indication that he is still being active in some capacity. That is of course if his gaming privileges haven't being revoked and his toys confiscated as part of a "detox" treatment.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Koby_Fish

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In all honesty, my money's on his parents banning him from the internet in some capacity and forcing him into a real job of some sort at minimum. Dobson's proven he can't survive without asspats from the internet to fuel his spite and ego
It's gotta be something like that, Momson and Dadson finally laying down the law on their 40-year old son who gets into Internet slap-fights over kids cartoons, or he can't afford the Internet right now, or he's going all-in with his new alt/identity. I just can't picture Dobson simply walking away, although honestly, that'd be the best thing in the world for him. Whatever is going on, it isn't a sudden thing. He was able to build up to "quitting," announcing it over the course of several days.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's gotta be something like that, Momson and Dadson finally laying down the law on their 40-year old son who gets into Internet slap-fights over kids cartoons, or he can't afford the Internet right now, or he's going all-in with his new alt/identity. I just can't picture Dobson simply walking away, although honestly, that'd be the best thing in the world for him. Whatever is going on, it isn't a sudden thing. He was able to build up to "quitting," announcing it over the course of several days.
I keep thinking that maybe he's doing a similar thing to what Shmorky did where he tries to reinvent a new identity, not to better himself but just so he can sneak back in the communities he likes while avoiding all the baggage of his reputation and the 'haters'.

Although given it's Dobson if that's true it's only a matter of time before he feels the need to rant about some drama which is totally not his fault, even if it's 30 year old Dobson arguing with a bunch of 13 year old Miraculous Ladybug fans.

I'm not so sure about his parents forcing him to get a job because the timing is really bad with the ongoing pandemic (Unless they are giving him a job to do which is possible) but you'd think they'd have tried that before now if they were going to do it, also even then if Dobson wanted to go on the internet I'm sure he'd manage.

It might be a combination of the things people have mentioned or Dobson is following the suggestions of his therapist to stay off the internet for a month (I forget how long he's been gone for) or something.

Sexy Senior Citizen

Fuck it's you I hate the most
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Although given it's Dobson if that's true it's only a matter of time before he feels the need to rant about some drama which is totally not his fault, even if it's 30 40 year old Dobson arguing with a bunch of 13 year old Miraculous Ladybug fans.
Dobson is 39 now. He'll be 40 next year.
Which makes him even more pathetic for arguing with 13 year old kids and losing so badly he has to block them and delete their posts.

RileyV

kiwifarms.net
So question: what has Dobbo deleted and what has he just stayed away from?

Like, he didn't shut down his Patreon right? Did he put out a "won't charge for the next month" thing there? Or is he just expecting people to still give him a dollar for literally doing zero updates for a month?

Did he delete his Facebook/tumblr or is he just zero activity?

Because if he didn't delete anything, my theory is that maybe his ISP just screwed him over with absolutely sh*t service, which my own did to me this month before I left their asses and got a new provider.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree with @Pickle Inspector that his parents are probably not making him get a job, because that's never worked, and right now that'd be impossible due to CoviCooties. Same reason holds for Dobson trooning out, as he wouldn't be able to get HRT, let alone surgery (and I can't realistically see him doing that, anyway). I don't believe Dobson is seeing a real, actual therapist, though he might get some counseling or something like that online. No, it's more likely he was cut off from the Internet via a given deadline (service ran out on such and such a date), or, much more likely, he's masquerading under an alt. His need to virtue signal is far too strong for him to be the white male Social Justice Ally who knowingly shuts up to let others speak and be heard (what I call Schrodinger's Ally).

Sexy Senior Citizen

Fuck it's you I hate the most
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, I use Brave for a lot of my web browsing. One of the ads Brave showed me was this one, which reminded me of Dobson. (It has no relation to our boy, but the name reminded me of Dobson's "I-Don't-Care-Bear" avatar.)
bluebear - Copy.png

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't remember: Do we have scans of Dobson's Legends Volume 1 book yet? I'm asking because for some reason my used books store has a copy of it, so if we don't have an archive of it I can pick it up.
I know we have Patty, and I have copies of both Formera’s but haven’t had a chance to go scan them yet, so I’d say go ahead and grab it.

RileyV

kiwifarms.net
Why does Dobson keep making himself a blue bear in his comics?

Because originally, he portrayed himself as a slightly better version of himself (less fat, more hair, etc), then went full blown ideal self insert and made himself look almost completely different than he actually was.

When people called him out for this...

q-and-a-hair.jpg

So, when he got tired of getting called out for this really lame excuse for it, he made a comic where he made himself blue bear, presumably as a joke.

But, because Andrew Dobson has never let go of a grudge, no matter how petty, he went full in and adopted blue bear as his new self insert.