Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Mr. Manchester

Clickity Clack
kiwifarms.net
Active artist for over 2 decades.
Went to a college specialized in cartoons.
Was advertised as "fresh epic" on dA with a massive following.

. . . and yet he has to sell commissions for 20 bucks and the last time he was actually "employed" was like 10 years ago with Brental Floss.
With an attitude like this, I wonder why his net worth as an artist is below OPL's. :story:
Also, he never drew Quiet, the guy that wanted to commission backed out.
The bike pump is calling Dobson. The bike pump can save you. Just... pump those ladies up and you'll have all the money you want.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Dobson will ever get up the courage to do conventions again?

I think he'd fit right in these days, the last one I went to was a local one in a fairly small town (I don't want to dox myself) and it was full of troon comic creators and SJW types.

A lot of them didn't seem to have many customers like Mags Visaggio (There was literally a huge pile of free comics that nobody wanted) and despite it being advertised as a family friendly event there were people like the Goblins webcomic guy (From what I understand his comics are full of gore) but I think Dobson would do okay, plus he could hobnob with Marvel/DC/etc sorts and pretend to be a bigshot after.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Dobson will ever get up the courage to do conventions again?

I think he'd fit right in these days, the last one I went to was a local one in a fairly small town (I don't want to dox myself) and it was full of troon comic creators and SJW types.

A lot of them didn't seem to have many customers like Mags Visaggio (There was literally a huge pile of free comics that nobody wanted) and despite it being advertised as a family friendly event there were people like the Goblins webcomic guy (From what I understand his comics are full of gore) but I think Dobson would do okay, plus he could hobnob with Marvel/DC/etc sorts and pretend to be a bigshot after.
That reminds me. I'm surprised Doblet doesn't smugsperg more about all the milkshake\cement assaults against evil conservative nazis. Perhaps it hits too close to him and his spray bottle incident even with his legendary lack of self-awareness.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
previous replies included for context (legion of that one guy guest appearance):

battle angel alita alt right sperging
(I don't think SJW means what Dobson thinks it means):

Dobson whines about 2D animation again:

Captain marvel neckbears sperging:

Attachments

Last edited:

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
previous replies included for context (legion of that one guy guest appearance):
View attachment 837153

View attachment 837157

View attachment 837165
View attachment 837168
View attachment 837170
View attachment 837172
For such a supposedly huge fan of GUNNM\Battle Angel Alita, Doblet sure gets a lot of details wrong. Dr. Ido didn't give Alita some sort of idealized sex bomb body, the first body he's built her was more similar to that of a prepubescent girl. She only started being curvier once said non-combat body was destroyed fighting Makkaku and she was put in a Berserker Body. Either Doblet's memory is hazy from sniffing so many SJW ass fumes or he considers underage children's bodies to be sexually ideal and we've just seen a Freudian slip by Pedobson.

You sir, got good taste in lolcows.

Do you draw other lolcows like Brianna Wu?
Why thank you! I do try to mix things up every now and then, though I don't actively follow as many lolcows as I probably should. I always open to suggestions though!

I did feature Wu in one of my very first Dobbo doodles, she's the turtle nibbling on Pateronbux on the 3rd page:

Last edited:

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
Captain marvel is the perfect 'female' because she's standoffish and really violent. So bassically Dobson wants his women too be toxic males.
Dobson criticizing "doe eyed females" when it's a cornerstone of his own art... :cringe:
Also how is Alita "molded into idealized forms by her male savior"?
She had the exact same body type before she lost her memory, there's literally a flashback showing it.
And even then, they weren't built to by sexy, they were built to be agile enough to leap over the tube blades instead of just standing there.
Geez.
Dobson loved the movie and I thought it was just okay, so why do I have a better understanding of the plot?

LMR365

Nicolas Cage holding a birthday cake.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 837153

View attachment 837157

View attachment 837165
View attachment 837168
View attachment 837170
View attachment 837172
View attachment 837173
View attachment 837175

Captain marvel neckbears sperging:
View attachment 837180
View attachment 837181
ah yes! It's capitalism fault on why Japan is making CGI anime movies now. lol

Get bend Dobson!

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who in their right mind would want a commission from Dobson? He's proven over and over again that he doesn't take art seriously, traces 95% of everything he "draws," and will drag ass for months before shitting out a traced eyesore. The only people who would waste the money on a Dobson commission are the same people who tested him to see how long it would take for him to finish one with corrections, strictly for mockery purposes..

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Who in their right mind would want a commission from Dobson? He's proven over and over again that he doesn't take art seriously, traces 95% of everything he "draws," and will drag ass for months before shitting out a traced eyesore. The only people who would waste the money on a Dobson commission are the same people who tested him to see how long it would take for him to finish one with corrections, strictly for mockery purposes..
I think the people who would want to give Dobson money are the type to not have the way of earning money for themselves...or at least to not have a paypal.

CrimsonKnight

kiwifarms.net
Who in their right mind would want a commission from Dobson? He's proven over and over again that he doesn't take art seriously, traces 95% of everything he "draws," and will drag ass for months before shitting out a traced eyesore.
Another big factor with Dobson's work is that the eye space on his characters make them derpy looking or falls into the uncanny valley, like with the Robin Hood pic. Makes him look like he has fetal alcohol syndrome. Not to mention Dobson drawing "at his own pace". The last commission he did took him 4 months and 8 days from the folks at ED, give or take. They specified Samus fighting Ridley, not posing with him. Lo and behold, he traced Ridley in the background. That's pretty damning, and even more damning to his credibility as a "cartoonist".

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 836926
(hat tip to the HOAD blog)

Hmmm... between statements like this, and promising to charge people double if Dobson just doesn't like your social media posts, it's a wonder why he's in a "need for emergency" funding for his next batch of McDonald's fries. (:_(
"Why doesn't anyone want to pay for commssions upfront anymore?!"

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net

So we have a little bit of information of the Steven Universe movie, and this video focuses on the fact that Steven has a neck now.

Honestly whether you love the show or not, you can’t help but give it a sensible chuckle about this.

Tame Sake

Pure salt and sisu
kiwifarms.net
Sobson, eat a dick, the Lupin trailer looked fucking fantastic. Just like the recent Asterix movie, it looks like the studio knows what they're doing and is actually able to translate the normally 2D style into 3D without it looking creepy as fuck and maintaining the charm the original is known and loved for.

I think he's just salty because he's afraid that this is what the general state of higher animation is becoming, as more and more talented 3D modelers and animators enter the field; while he's still drawing with his note paper and number 2 pencil.

Cedric_Eff

I’m the Lord of the Harvest!
kiwifarms.net
Sobson, eat a dick, the Lupin trailer looked fucking fantastic. Just like the recent Asterix movie, it looks like the studio knows what they're doing and is actually able to translate the normally 2D style into 3D without it looking creepy as fuck and maintaining the charm the original is known and loved for.

I think he's just salty because he's afraid that this is what the general state of higher animation is becoming, as more and more talented 3D modelers and animators enter the field; while he's still drawing with his note paper and number 2 pencil.
And the fact that most of his 3d models look like shit.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino