Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
interesting reply to his E-begging:

there is a missing comment tho.

Battle Angel alita sperging:

2d animation sperging:

Dobson, you DO realize, don't you, that "capitalism" is just people buying things they want?

Neckbeard Captain marvel vs Superman thread:

Dobson sure loves to move the goalposts, doesn't he?:

Have we got a mole or just an :epik: ? :P

In b4 "something something hate site".

Previous replies included for context:

some sperg on instaasspatgram:

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In B4 Dobson makes a whole new post within a day or so, whining about "hate sites".

also more battle alita sperging:

The strawman neckbeard comments:

Previous replies included for context:

• Winner
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

Laoshi

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 836926
(hat tip to the HOAD blog)

Hmmm... between statements like this, and promising to charge people double if Dobson just doesn't like your social media posts, it's a wonder why he's in a "need for emergency" funding for his next batch of McDonald's fries. (:_(
>I highly recommend finding loopholes to fuck with your clients and not give them what they want

Later:

>Woe is me! Why no one contracts me??? :'(

I expect Dobson would do something like get a bunch of commissions, get paid, and then send this to everyone:

They are in a dark room! You never mentioned the character had to be in a well lit location, LOL! Loophole!!!

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
>I highly recommend finding loopholes to fuck with your clients and not give them what they want

Later:

>Woe is me! Why no one contracts me??? :'(

I expect Dobson would do something like get a bunch of commissions, get paid, and then send this to everyone:

View attachment 837829

They are in a dark room! You never mentioned the character had to be in a well lit location, LOL! Loophole!!!
Funny thing if the whole transaction is done via paypal then upon getting said square, the buyer can instantly pull back the money they sent and even report Dobbos ass for such shit.

Belvedere

kiwifarms.net
Dobson must have gotten cut off or something.
View attachment 836906
Imagine being someone that has been for more than a decade proclaiming to be a professional artist and has to offer commissions at rates of a hobbyist. Meanwhile there are hobbyist that earn more drawing a single sketch than for a full catalog of Dobson's color pics.

Why in the fudge did he need to make so many examples of the same part? Just have one example you asshole! One example of Full Body and all the extras is enough.
You are talking about the same guy that couldn't be arsed to learn how to make a portfolio.

The answer to your question is because he is incompetent and lazy. An artist that wants to offer commissions and wants to be taken seriously creates a presentable commission reference which list all different tiers and prices for the pics that he/she can produce. But since making such a presentable sampler takes time, thought and effort, he didn't do it. He instead haphazardly slapped an annotation with a price. Who cares it the way it is presented is nonsensical and disorganized? It is not as if he went to a place that taught about how visual design works!

View attachment 836926
(hat tip to the HOAD blog)

Hmmm... between statements like this, and promising to charge people double if Dobson just doesn't like your social media posts, it's a wonder why he's in a "need for emergency" funding for his next batch of McDonald's fries. (:_(
Or, hear me out here Dobson because this is going to sound crazy, if someone PAYS YOU to draw a character a specific way, then you do the adult and professional thing and draw the character as specified by the client without resorting to subversion or loopholes. Otherwise that kind of dishonest underhandedness falls afoul with the person whose money you took losing all trust and reputation and makes the whole affair be a literal FRAUD!

Gotta love how he openly admits that he is going to scam people out of their money and then wonders why nobody wants to take up his offer. Also that Kieron Gillen guy is an asshole for suggesting the same. And SJWs wonder why they have a reputation of being dishonest, two-faced hypocrites.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net

So we have a little bit of information of the Steven Universe movie, and this video focuses on the fact that Steven has a neck now.

Honestly whether you love the show or not, you can’t help but give it a sensible chuckle about this.
InB4 people call Steven getting a neck "fatshaming" or "erasing obese identity".

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
You are talking about the same guy that couldn't be arsed to learn how to make a portfolio.

The answer to your question is because he is incompetent and lazy. An artist that wants to offer commissions and wants to be taken seriously creates a presentable commission reference which list all different tiers and prices for the pics that he/she can produce. But since making such a presentable sampler takes time, thought and effort, he didn't do it. He instead haphazardly slapped an annotation with a price. Who cares it the way it is presented is nonsensical and disorganized? It is not as if he went to a place that taught about how visual design works!
I think whats more hilarious is that he just has prices for the 4 same things. Its not like say: Sketch( whole body or bust) + this much for extra stuff, line art an etc. No, its just colored shit and thats it, he doesnt even include the normal options or add stuff like "detailed background" or "detailed characters"

Annie

Fire-Bear Cyberbully Girl
kiwifarms.net
Might be a little late but on the whole "death of 2D animation" thing...

Not gonna fucking happen. 3D animation at high levels will probably continue to be more time-consuming and resource-consuming than 2D animation, at least for the very foreseeable future. The next step that some higher profile studios have embraced are CGI backgrounds/fight detail (UFOTable,mainly has used it a lot)- but that's still a long ways off from mainstream adaptation. 3D animation is kinda huge right now too because of Into The Spiderverse and Disney's (brief) stoppage of total 3D animation market domination for live action adaptations out the ass, IMO- give it a while and I think we'll stop seeing as many franchises dip their feet into full-fledged 3D animation.

Bottom line, when your chickenshit "just looking to make a quick buck" anime adaptation and every single children's animated show is 3D animated (no more Arthur, or The Loud House, or Peppa Pig), then I'll believe 2D animation is dying. We're not there yet Dobbo, better 2D animators than you will still have jobs.

CrimsonKnight

kiwifarms.net
Might be a little late but on the whole "death of 2D animation" thing...

Not gonna fucking happen. 3D animation at high levels will probably continue to be more time-consuming and resource-consuming than 2D animation, at least for the very foreseeable future. The next step that some higher profile studios have embraced are CGI backgrounds/fight detail (UFOTable,mainly has used it a lot)- but that's still a long ways off from mainstream adaptation. 3D animation is kinda huge right now too because of Into The Spiderverse and Disney's (brief) stoppage of total 3D animation market domination for live action adaptations out the ass, IMO- give it a while and I think we'll stop seeing as many franchises dip their feet into full-fledged 3D animation.

Bottom line, when your chickenshit "just looking to make a quick buck" anime adaptation and every single children's animated show is 3D animated (no more Arthur, or The Loud House, or Peppa Pig), then I'll believe 2D animation is dying. We're not there yet Dobbo, better 2D animators than you will still have jobs.
Dobson also forgets that despite movies being in 3D, they also need 2D artists for concept work and other things.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2d animation is pretty safe in Japan. The Japanese hate change, it's be dumb to completely ditch a tradition if you're trying to get them to watch something.
But you see, that doesn't matter to Dobson, because he's not in Japan. Or any of the other countries where 2D animation is actually still done (usually in the artistic equivalent of sweatshops).

The only reason he's salty about this is that he still thinks he has a chance at becoming a Really Real Cartoonist and that the "death" of 2D is robbing him of his Dob-given right to a cushy do-nothing animation job.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Honestly Dobson will probably still complain about 3D or Anime animation even when like old ass 2D animation makes a come back. He’ll be complaining no one is at his door with a job offer, oblivious to his history on the internet.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Then why answer the Ask?
View attachment 838135
Oh ho HO. Some:epik: tell Jim about Dobson. I'll guarangoddamntee you that before the day is out (the day in which Metokur finds out), Dobson will learn who he is, and rue the day.

commission sperging (LOL looks like we got a taker folks, who has NO concept of Dobson being a twat over commissions):

I include the previous replies because there's one missing, hopefully someone else caught it:

Battle angel sperging:

Neckbeard strawman comic sperging:

The :epik: comment has been up for 17 hours with Dobson neither noticing nor replying nor deleting.

Asspatgram comic on his commission post:
1562953211812.png

Here's an new comic that (so far) has only just shown up on his tumblr:

Animation sperging:

the old Russian CGI in question:

• Informative
Reactions: BScCollateral

SuperSheep

75 Points of Flying Fluffy Damage
kiwifarms.net
Dobson should look into doing youtube animations if he's so into 2D. He wouldn't even need to do full animations, stuff like SCP illustrated gets hundreds of thousands of views and it's just a narrated storyboard. He could probably do a motion comic series involving stories from reddit involving those awful MEN (Dobson spits) and rack up hundreds of thousands of views. 2D might not be too mainstream but there is a viable niche

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino