Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
kiwifarms.net
So, quick question that I'm sure has been asked in the past: How did you guys find out about Dobson?
This thread, actually. Back when I first started lurking, I was looking at the lolcow list and saw his thread. Rather than a pithy thread description, it simply said "STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP." I was intrigued, took a look, and decided to follow this guy. As someone who dabbles in the occasional artistic pursuit, I'd like to, y'know, not be a Dobson.
I think I may have seen his work back in the DeviantArt days, but I'm not sure; I wasn't much of a Deviant(Artist).

Dobson reblogged a post about not debating trolls with this mess added.
View attachment 840974
Dobson, has it ever occurred to you that, if you're unable to make LITERAL FUCKING NAZIS look like the bad guy in a debate, maybe your own ideological position is either unappealing to the masses or built on a proverbial foundation of sand?

(Edited to add: These are rhetorical questions. I've lurked enough to know that, in Dobson's mind, he can do no wrong and he must censor his ideological opponents. Because he can't debate them; he is an intellectual lightweight whose idea of debate is mashing the block or delete button.)

ducktales4gameboy

well known in this neighborhood
kiwifarms.net
I discovered him through someone posting him in the old somethingawful Internet Trainwrecks thread and then promptly forgot about him for a decade, only to stumble upon this thread and realize that I’d seen him before and that he hadn’t changed at all since the original shitposts about him.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Threw together a post about his recent Battle Angle Alita/Captain Marvel ranting, including a long to the supposed “research” he did back in February.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
more replies in the Battle Angel alita thread:

Dobson has of course blocked/banned Tony The Black Starofelyon.

From the neckbeard strawman thread;

"I ban anyone that posts links!"
Meanwhile THESE LINKS are still up on the Neckbeard strawman thread:

Guest appearance by Legion of that one guy, on twitter:

Neckbeard thread on twitter:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
more replies in the Battle Angel alita thread:
View attachment 841530

Dobson has of course blocked/banned Tony The Black Starofelyon.

From the neckbeard strawman thread;
View attachment 841536
View attachment 841538
View attachment 841540

"I ban anyone that posts links!"
Meanwhile THESE LINKS are still up on the Neckbeard strawman thread:
View attachment 841541

Guest appearance by Legion of that one guy, on twitter:
View attachment 841546

Neckbeard thread on twitter:
View attachment 841548
View attachment 841550
HE’S got a gross sense of self-righteousness?!

Sosig_muncher

kiwifarms.net
So, quick question that I'm sure has been asked in the past: How did you guys find out about Dobson?

Because I found him by random, when he was still on DA. I was looking up comics about Nintendo and was in his shallow demographic of elementary/middle school kids.

I remember the first one was okay, and largely forgot about it. The second, I shit you not, was the brown hair Link bitchfit comic. What got me was his strange exception of ALttP's Link as having pink hair and thinking, "Wait, he can't really think Link's hair was pink in that game. Even I know it was only like that due to color limitations." So I posted a comment with a link to instruction manual depictions of his canon blonde hair.

I'll give him this, he just ignored me instead of blocking me, and it took not long after that to see his "Localization" comic and realize, "Oh, he's just that petty."

On an unrelated sidenote, I just serendipitously found a new hobby to watch on Twitter, and he is a very sad, strange individual.
I knew him from the tumblr blog "The hypocrisy of Andrew Dobson"

andr0id psycho sho(ker

I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!
kiwifarms.net
Someone left this comment on the tumblr in regards to the deleted comments.
View attachment 841715

I don’t really think this would actually make it to court, but I would love to see Dobson have to testify and be cross-examined.
Dobson's defense will be the same as on the internet.

"That person is a Nazi! Ignore everything they say! They are trying to brainwash you!"

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’d love to see Dobson get in trouble for dodging court.
It doesn't work that way, at least for civil cases. All that happens is you lose your ability to present your side of the case and the other side gets to make their arguments unopposed. If that happens and they have any case at all, you'll end up getting a judgement against you by default. There is then an additional hearing to determine the amount of damages awarded; again, if you skip this, all you lose is the chance to make a counterargument to lower the damages, and you're likely to be found liable for the full amount. Once you are are liable for a certain amount, then the person who sued you can proceed to seizure of assets. You can totally ignore the whole thing up until you discover that your bank account no longer has any money, your car has been impounded, and you are faced with eviction if your house has been seized. They can even in some cases have sheriff's deputies enter your residence and start seizing your personal property; pretty hard to ignore that. Of course, Dobson has nothing worth seizing, so he's effectively judgement-proof, but when you are dealing with a wastrel son of well-off parents like Dobson, you can try to torture the rotten little shit until mommy and daddy bail them out by paying their brat's judgement for them.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
It doesn't work that way, at least for civil cases. All that happens is you lose your ability to present your side of the case and the other side gets to make their arguments unopposed. If that happens and they have any case at all, you'll end up getting a judgement against you by default. There is then an additional hearing to determine the amount of damages awarded; again, if you skip this, all you lose is the chance to make a counterargument to lower the damages, and you're likely to be found liable for the full amount. Once you are are liable for a certain amount, then the person who sued you can proceed to seizure of assets. You can totally ignore the whole thing up until you discover that your bank account no longer has any money, your car has been impounded, and you are faced with eviction if your house has been seized. They can even in some cases have sheriff's deputies enter your residence and start seizing your personal property; pretty hard to ignore that. Of course, Dobson has nothing worth seizing, so he's effectively judgement-proof, but when you are dealing with a wastrel son of well-off parents like Dobson, you can try to torture the rotten little shit until mommy and daddy bail them out by paying their brat's judgement for them.
Huh....interesting. Both that and the fact that we have someone who’s knowledgeable about the legal system in this thread.

Now I have to ask if Dobson can technically be given a case based on some of his “misjudgements?”

• DRINK!
Reactions: Koby_Fish

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Huh....interesting. Both that and the fact that we have someone who’s knowledgeable about the legal system in this thread.

Now I have to ask if Dobson can technically be given a case based on some of his “misjudgements?”
I'm not actually very knowledgeable, it's just that this is hardly the first time that lawsuits and judgement collection have come up in regards to lolcows, and if you pay attention in the right threads you'll end up learning useful things about US legal stuff. See also: CWC's legal problems with creditors, Weeb Wars discussion of how screwed financially the non-Funimation defendants are.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
I'm not actually very knowledgeable, it's just that this is hardly the first time that lawsuits and judgement collection have come up in regards to lolcows, and if you pay attention in the right threads you'll end up learning useful things about US legal stuff. See also: CWC's legal problems with creditors, Weeb Wars discussion of how screwed financially the non-Funimation defendants are.
I’m just asking if Dobble can get into legal trouble and have to have his mummy and daddy to help get him out of it, thus making them realize that he probably shouldn’t be living with them anymore...at least eventually.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Brit Crust

Most Fashionable Bitch In Tremorton
kiwifarms.net

Because I found him by random, when he was still on DA. I was looking up comics about Nintendo and was in his shallow demographic of elementary/middle school kids.

I remember the first one was okay, and largely forgot about it. The second, I shit you not, was the brown hair Link bitchfit comic. What got me was his strange exception of ALttP's Link as having pink hair and thinking, "Wait, he can't really think Link's hair was pink in that game. Even I know it was only like that due to color limitations." So I posted a comment with a link to instruction manual depictions of his canon blonde hair.

I'll give him this, he just ignored me instead of blocking me, and it took not long after that to see his "Localization" comic and realize, "Oh, he's just that petty."

On an unrelated sidenote, I just serendipitously found a new hobby to watch on Twitter, and he is a very sad, strange individual.
I too first encountered him on dA in the '00s, when I viewed one of his comics* in either Popular Deviations category or someone's Favorites. Being a fledgling artist and a naive teenager, I assumed he was a professional (HA HA HA, NOPE! in retrospect.) I never explored his dA gallery, nor followed him. A little later, I found his ED article, and I was like, "...oh." Although I've never exactly idolized him, discovering the fact that he isn't such a decent fellow as I've originally thought has left me mildly disappointed.

*IIRC, that comic was about his frustrations with people questioning why he wasn't drawing in anime/manga style.

Last edited:

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m just asking if Dobble can get into legal trouble and have to have his mummy and daddy to help get him out of it, thus making them realize that he probably shouldn’t be living with them anymore...at least eventually.
If Dobson is ever in a position where he has to provide information to the court, and it isn't something where he can claim the 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination, and he refuses, he can be sent to jail for contempt of court. I'm pretty sure having cops show up and drag him out of the basement to cool his heels in jail for a few days will get Dobson's family's attention. The question is how this could come about; after all, Dobson doesn't know anything. Some states (like Texas) have extensive financial discovery rules that a victorious plaintiff could invoke to find any hidden assets of Dobson's to seize; allowing the defendant to not show up would pretty thoroughly violate the purpose of such procedures, so I'm pretty sure that that would trigger contempt of court against Dobson. I don't know if Dobson's current state of residence is one of those states, though.