Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Belvedere

kiwifarms.net
I asked because they were a popular couple and Dobson seems to be highly fond of lesbians.

But then again, live action shows aren’t his thing.
Dobson is only fan of, and I quote: "Tiny li'l lesbians". Anything portraying adult women in a mature relationship make his bear avatar walk away in apathy.

Plebcomics redrew the Dark Crystal pic.

View attachment 962644View attachment 962643
Not gonna lie, even Pleb's attempt with the Dark Crystal character is something of an eyesore. Then again I always found the original puppet uncomfortable to look at.

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
I got into pokemon games rather late (due to lack of game boy in my youth) so when it was still playable on vizzed I was playing it a lot.

Missingno. Fucking MissingNo. If that in itself isn't proof the game is actually buggy as shit, nothing is. Not to mention exploitable glitches like duplicating items such as the Master Ball...
But that stuff was glitchy in an awesome way. Playing Gen 1 Pokemon with glitches is like a whole different game.

Scratch This Nut

Problematic Chihuahua
kiwifarms.net
Dobson is only fan of, and I quote: "Tiny li'l lesbians". Anything portraying adult women in a mature relationship make his bear avatar walk away in apathy.

Not gonna lie, even Pleb's attempt with the Dark Crystal character is something of an eyesore. Then again I always found the original puppet uncomfortable to look at.
I think it looks that way because she didn’t know who the character was supposed to be.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net

I mean, you aren't going to get a good result on paper with a design like that. Heck, I'm willing to bet the original concept drawings don't look all that hot either.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I think it looks that way because she didn’t know who the character was supposed to be.
I mean, you aren't going to get a good result on paper with a design like that. Heck, I'm willing to bet the original concept drawings don't look all that hot either.
Plebs said it’s okay to say her drawing isn’t the best.
419849B1-FA8A-45A6-AEB2-FC70F1D00C7A.jpeg

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
dobson spergs about 2d animation again:
1570497042159.png
the video in question:

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Because he’s not working at Disney as a 2D animator.

I mean, that’s the real reason underneath it all.
I mean I want to work at RoosterTeeth to create a show but even an autist like me knows to EXPAND my horizons because not everything's going to be in your reach. Why is he so insistent to work at Disney (which I don't know about the application process for such) that he turned himself into a recluse?

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
I mean I want to work at RoosterTeeth to create a show but even an autist like me knows to EXPAND my horizons because not everything's going to be in your reach. Why is he so insistent to work at Disney (which I don't know about the application process for such) that he turned himself into a recluse?
He's so thickheaded and one-track, that's why he's got an autismal-level obsession over working for Disney.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
dobson's entire raison d'etre was to be hired by Disney. That's it. Disney or bust. Disney or nothing. Outside of a halfhearted/halfassed attempt to do a storyboard for Cartoon Network, he's made no visible effort to get hired by ANYONE else in the animation industry, and sperged like a total fucking autist when people told him to find another animation house to hire him and thus work his way up. His gravestone should read "Wanted to work for disney, never got it. Don't be a Dobson."

Scratch This Nut

Problematic Chihuahua
kiwifarms.net
I would love to have an animated series picked up by Netflix (and I’m gonna!) and even getting a storyboard or character design job there would be a huge honor that I would be forever grateful for. Dude just needs to accept that literally anything would be better than where he is now.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
dobson's entire raison d'etre was to be hired by Disney. That's it. Disney or bust. Disney or nothing. Outside of a halfhearted/halfassed attempt to do a storyboard for Cartoon Network, he's made no visible effort to get hired by ANYONE else in the animation industry, and sperged like a total fucking autist when people told him to find another animation house to hire him and thus work his way up. His gravestone should read "Wanted to work for disney, never got it. Don't be a Dobson."
To add to this. Dobson didn't just want to work at Disney (which is considered an end all be all by people who don't really fully understand how broad animation is), he wanted to do it...WITHOUT ANY EFFORT. He didn't apply for any prominent positions (from what I remember), he didn't try and improve his own work and get opportunities by doing that either. Do you know how many artists get picked off from Tumblr, Twitter or Artstation, for even simple fanart? (RJ Palmer is a known example) There are so many resources even back then that he had to kickstart his career. It would've been time-consuming and maybe a bit slower, but Rome wasn't built in a day and sometimes people DO get lucky. Dobson could've had a chance if he just tried and dropped his attitude. Maybe he wouldn't get his dream job, but it would be a hell of a lot closer than where we are now. Anything is better than nothing, and Dobson has shown that his art is very, very mediorce compared to his peers, even by cartoony standards. For every Dobson there are 10 other better artists than him competing for the same position. And this is the same guy who thought Disney would roll down the red carpet for him? Give me a break.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino