Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dobbles’s need of breaking away from the so called “same-face” made most of the characters he illustrated look very unappealing and very very off putting. Hey really can’t convey anything else but creepy facial expressions,
They still have same-face anyway, same nose, same eyes, same chin shape. They're both the same person wearing different wigs.

They also look like lesbian stereotype caricatures out of a chick-tract, but whatever.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Slob-Dob back on his bullshit.

View attachment 976114
View attachment 976116
View attachment 976118

His new drawing of the lesbuns makes my skin crawl. At least the original was sort of cute.
One of his few RL friends from MCAD that are still around (but not in the same state anymore) asspatted him about this comic reboot design of Patty on FB and dob waxes nostalgic about how he used to show comics to his friends (and another asspatter prefers old design and a third says the new design looks like old Archie comics):
1571420870359.png1571420906583.png
Dob's friend from MCAD is a wanna be comic artist and is the soyest, hipsterest-looking mofo you'd ever expect to be a dobfriend, but unlike dob, somehow managed to spawn.

comments on patty redesign on asspatgram:
1571421190526.png1571421224657.png

More stupid comic of red flag comments:
1571421326113.png1571421359649.png1571421467213.png

It doesn’t help when the far smaller one is in overalls, I’ve seen enough lolcow threads to know art of young people wearing overalls is to quote Dobson’s recent comic a huge red flag .
the creepy wardrobe is just part of it. overall the smaller girl's head and eyes are proportionally way larger than the other character, which exaggerates the neotenous effect. and he doesn't draw women with grown adult woman proportions. and he positioned a taller, more masculine looking figure in a dominant pose above her, with the smaller one's back against a wall and a sheepish expression. it absolutely resonates with pedo vibes.

edit-
dobson said:
For Patty I kept her pink overalls, but gave her a flannel shirt underneath, made her hair less anime, and gave her freckles all over her body instead of just a couple flecks on her cheeks.
jesus christ what a creep

Last edited:

CrimsonKnight

kiwifarms.net
Christ, I feel uncomfortable....
As one should. Lesbian relationships tend to be overrepresented for those social justice points. The chick with the skull earring was overly protective of the one in overalls and was pretty terrible to her. The new designs are just, ugh.

Edit: I admit I was wrong, made some changes.

Last edited:

MarineN*423543

kiwifarms.net
Slob-Dob back on his bullshit.

View attachment 976114
View attachment 976116
View attachment 976118

His new drawing of the lesbuns makes my skin crawl. At least the original was sort of cute.
he was always on his bullshit
They still look like they're twelve and thirteen, Dobbo, you fetishizing fuck.
bruh already forgot how much of a pedo fork flopsbon is?

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
Y'know, I'm genuinely curious why he hasn't sperged about Joker at this point, especially considering it's been the big hot ticket at the movies for two weeks now and has unfairly generated a lot of leftie criticism. My guess is that he'll just fume over what a box office smash the movie unexpectedly turned out to be.

Of course, this is the man that thinks that both Batman and the Joker, two of the most dynamic prominent figures in comic book history, are "uninteresting characters" that no one wants to see.
1571426230200.png

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Y'know, I'm genuinely curious why he hasn't sperged about Joker at this point, especially considering it's been the big hot ticket at the movies for two weeks now and has unfairly generated a lot of leftie criticism. My guess is that he'll just fume over what a box office smash the movie unexpectedly turned out to be.

Of course, this is the man that thinks that both Batman and the Joker, two of the most dynamic prominent figures in comic book history, are "uninteresting characters" that no one wants to see.
View attachment 976310
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 2.18.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 2.18.49 PM.png

:thinking:

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 976310
He hasn’t said a thing about the Trump impeachment inquiry either, it’s kinda bizarre.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 976310
Oh yeah, MCU Captain Marvel's dilemma of "Am I OP enough to defeat anyone just with my superpowers, or do I have to take the extra mile and use my god tier fighting skills?" is sooo much more thought-provoking.

AprilRains

The Terrible Secret of Shopping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
and he positioned a taller, more masculine looking figure in a dominant pose above her, with the smaller one's back against a wall and a sheepish expression.
This alone makes the comic even more rapey than the Dorothy and Witch one.

No wonder Dobson thinks all men are rapists. He is imagining people the same way as he draws: Using his own hideous, misshapen self as a model.

MarineN*423543

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 976310
maybe a tard brainfart?, too much effort on his lesbians

This alone makes the comic even more rapey than the Dorothy and Witch one.

No wonder Dobson thinks all men are rapists. He is imagining people the same way as he draws: Using his own hideous, misshapen self as a model.
fortunately he doesnt include his duck

Last edited:

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't actually dislike Nadia's new design, his style and the body posing is what makes it so ugly and off-putting. As I recall, in the comic Patty was the one with the more dominant personality. She was the bossy kid getting into fights and honestly being a bully, Nadia was more shy and quiet. So here it looks like he's switched the roles where Nadia is subtly cornering Patty, and Patty looks more innocent and little-girly. Basically he's forgotten the personality of his own characters and made everything look rape-y.
I might actually re-draw this, it would be fun.

Blood Debts

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
kiwifarms.net
Christ, I feel uncomfortable....
I think in addition to the rapey/underage undertones the image emanates, it's uncomfortable how he's tagged it as well. Does he really need all those LGBT tags? It reeks of desperation.

"So we'll see if this goes anywhere"---it won't. With the exception of a few asspatters he doesn't have people flocking to kiss his ass over this, so just like his Muslim lesbian vampire comic he wanted to make, this will (thankfully) disappear again.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You'd think he'd at least make a contrarian post about it by now though. Something along the lines of "blah blah blah white men evil blah blah blah toxic masculinity/incels blah blah Batman is secretly a Nazi".
His comic about the Frank Miller batman pretty much was "Batman is secretly a Nazi"
1571431500979.png

Moar asspats for his patty redesign:
1571431441247.png

Uh asspatter, dobson hasn't grown as an artist. His style may have shifted, but he's still making the same dumbass mistakes he was 17 years ago. Shifting style isn't necessarily "growing" as an artist especially when said style shifts uncomfortably closer to the Uncanny Valley than previously.

Previous comment included for context; dobson reply:
1571431669898.png

1571431695282.png

No.

kiwifarms.net
As one should. Dobson also forgets that lesbian relationships tend to be abusive (not all of them, but majority going by statistics). The chick with the skull earring was overly protective of the one in overalls and was pretty terrible to her, further proving that point. The new designs are just, ugh.
If you're quoting the study I think you are, those statistics never said who abused them, just that they were abused at some point (Bisexual women were the most likely to be abuse out of them all). Or in the case of another study, the percentage ranged from 17-45%, which is a pretty huge margin for error. If you have others that say differently I'd love to see them.

Dobson just can't write for shit.

Last edited:

Kacho

Crow suddenly attacked!
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 976310
I kind of agree with him that Joker is uninteresting. But more so in the sense that the potential of Joker has been spent. All the good Joker stories have already been told which is why all DC can think to do with him is have him cut peoples faces off and wear them or the cringey 'there's really three jokers' shit Snyder is trying to push now. I kind of think the Arkham games will stand as the last time the Joker, at least the classical Joker, was compelling on his own without these kinds of gimmicks. Without Paul Dini and Mark Hamill there really is no Joker the way people think of him. The future of the character will rely on new takes like we've seen with Ledger and Jaoquin. What Dobby was really saying here is that he isn't intelligent or creative enough to think of anything new and different for the characters so they should be written off wholesale.

Although saying Batman is uninteresting is one of the most abjectly exceptional things he's ever said.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino