Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Uh! Looks like Ladybug is problematic now!
View attachment 1002255

And I have to make a new blog post, because Dobson has done this a lot.
The only problem I see is Dobbo somehow making the characters darker than they should be. Seriously, looking at how they are in the show and how Dobbo turns 'em into a walking snickers bar is just cringe inducing.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1002255

I honestly didn't even notice their skin color changed until I read Dobson's passive aggressive groaning about it.
Is this really something worth caring about? Of course not, but Dobsons are always hunting for things to get offended over.
At this rate it's only a matter of time before Dobson gets run out of the Ladybug fandom like every other community he elbows his way into.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly didn't even notice their skin color changed until I read Dobson's passive aggressive groaning about it.
Is this really something worth caring about? Of course not, but Dobsons are always hunting for things to get offended over.
At this rate it's only a matter of time before Dobson gets run out of the Ladybug fandom like every other community he elbows his way into.
Just gonna share this.

Mitch Watterson

kiwifarms.net
Dobson clearly seems to want to start a controversy that isn't there. I mean, see for yourselves.

I don't even watch this show, but quick google search gave me this and honestly, all I see is Dobson drawing them too dark on panel 1 and too light on panel 2. If anyone did whitewashing, it's Dobson himself on the second panel (which wouldn't be a first for him).

Now, the second character may look a bit light but I think that's the white hair causing the skin look also a bit lighter. Still, it's nowhere near as bad as Dobson is making them look.

Last edited:

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dobson clearly seems to want to start a controversy that isn't there. I mean, see for yourselves.

I don't even watch this show, but quick google search gave me this and honestly, all I see is Dobson drawing them too dark on panel 1 and too light on panel 2. If anyone did whitewashing, it's Dobson himself on the second panel (which wouldn't be a first for him).

Now, the second character may look a bit light but I think that's the white hair causing the skin look also a bit lighter. Still, it's nowhere near as bad as Dobson is making them look.
The other problem is that Alya's skin color isn't consistent over the series. Sometimes she looks more "tanned" than usual. (Which, SPOILER ALERT, happens In Real Life) If anything, in some instances (like the screenshots posted above), Alya looks DARKER as Rena Rouge (which could be chalked up to the "disguise" element of the miraculous altering a person so you can't tell who it is). Seriously, if there's like only 2 or 3 "black" people in Paris, the miraculous would HAVE to do something like that so as to not give the identity away or narrow it down.

There's a whole spergtastic movement on Tumblr that complains about "skin lightening" in hollywood (due to the sheer fact that the bright-ass lights they use in filming WILL make a person's skin look lighter because IT HAS A FREAKING 1000 WATT SPOTLIGHT BEING SHONE ON IT. And about how that's "problematic". Lighting issues =/= "skin lightening". It's a technical issue, not a "LOL let's lighten the darkies" issue.

Legion of that one guy weighs in:
1573242819970.png

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The other problem is that Alya's skin color isn't consistent over the series. Sometimes she looks more "tanned" than usual. (Which, SPOILER ALERT, happens In Real Life) If anything, in some instances (like the screenshots posted above), Alya looks DARKER as Rena Rouge (which could be chalked up to the "disguise" element of the miraculous altering a person so you can't tell who it is). Seriously, if there's like only 2 or 3 "black" people in Paris, the miraculous would HAVE to do something like that so as to not give the identity away or narrow it down.

There's a whole spergtastic movement on Tumblr that complains about "skin lightening" in hollywood (due to the sheer fact that the bright-ass lights they use in filming WILL make a person's skin look lighter because IT HAS A FREAKING 1000 WATT SPOTLIGHT BEING SHONE ON IT. And about how that's "problematic". Lighting issues =/= "skin lightening". It's a technical issue, not a "LOL let's lighten the darkies" issue.

Legion of that one guy weighs in:
View attachment 1002302
Another issue is the fanbase for the cartoon are mostly teenagers who are more interested in shipping the characters and not talking about intersectional politics.

I think he wouldn't claim autism for the same reason he'd never claim he's mentally delayed/exceptional in some way (whether or not he actually is). Dobson's never admitted to having a learning disability, even though it is evident in his atrocious spelling and absolutely egregious lack of reasoning capacity. Incidentally learning disabilities can be co-morbid with autism. Besides, people make fun of autists today. And Dobson thinks he's SMRT, despite being the poster child for dunning-krueger syndrome.

The thing is, autism doesn't garner the sympathy that PTSD or all those other things he's claimed do (or he thinks they do). Neither do learning disabilities (like lysdexia). The difference being, learning disabilities and autism are innate; Dobson can claim that PTSD and depression and anxiety AND "imposter syndrome" were foisted upon him by some trigger. PTSD from the water spraying in London. Depression and anxiety from bullying in his childhood and beyond. Imposter syndrome from internet "trolls" criticizing his work. Autism doesn't make him a victim, not like those other things do, because he can claim someone or something else rather than himself caused those things to happen to him. Autism isn't caused by "oppression".
I mean it does SLIGHTLY, but only in real life. on the internet the only people getting asspats for it do so if they also happen to tick a lot of other oppression boxes and have the correct woke opinions otherwise autism has gotten a pretty negative reputation over the years, especially on the internet and it'd only cause people to look down on Dobson in a 'Oh now it makes sense why you get so worked up about children's cartoons' kind of way and he would hate that.

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That Imposter Syndrome crap is still one of the dumbest out of nowhere claims to me...
Dobson is so stupid/naive/ignorant, that he thinks that doubting himself and his abilities is "imposter syndrome".

EVERYBODY does that, to a certain degree. It's nothing special. Literally.

The replies on the MLB skin lightening post in Instagram have blown the fuck up:
1573250932396.png1573250955403.png1573250980873.png
1573251002971.png1573251021703.png1573251041420.png
1573251071951.png1573251099022.png1573251131570.png1573251158380.png1573251192469.png1573251214889.png1573251237617.png1573251265908.png1573251293341.png1573251326468.png1573251347942.png
1573251372658.png1573251403012.png
1573251425837.png
1573251440761.png1573251476559.png1573251501649.png
1573251525161.png1573251545299.png

Oh, but Dobson darkening up Alya way darker than she EVER is in the show, that's not problematic at all, is it? :P

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dobson is so stupid/naive/ignorant, that he thinks that doubting himself and his abilities is "imposter syndrome".

EVERYBODY does that, to a certain degree. It's nothing special. Literally.

The replies on the MLB skin lightening post in Instagram have blown the fuck up:
View attachment 1002434View attachment 1002435View attachment 1002436
View attachment 1002438View attachment 1002439View attachment 1002440
View attachment 1002442View attachment 1002444View attachment 1002446View attachment 1002448View attachment 1002449View attachment 1002450View attachment 1002452View attachment 1002453
God, I don’t want this to become a thing. Covering his ranting about the Red Flag comic for over a month was a pain in the ass, I don’t want to have to do it again.

dag1984

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1002255

Yea no. My brain isn't really working well right now so I can't for the life of me remember the proper term but it's the outfits. Alya in her Rena Rouge form "looks" lighter/darker because the brighter colors, same goes for Max.

Last edited:

BipolarPon

Three GAY Caballeros
kiwifarms.net

He doesn't understand how lighting effects skin color and clothing, or that lighting is often changed in films/shows/comics for mood and style, or how skin colors can fluctuate based on shadows, distance. Few of these sjw-types understand, which is why we get dumb controversies about drawing characters to "light".

I think Dodson should already know this, I'm gonna say he's creating controversy just for asspats and woke-points.

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yea no. My brain isn't really working well right now so I can't for the life of me remember the proper term but it's the outfits. Alya in her Rena Rouge form "looks" lighter/darker because the brighter colors. same goes for Max.
According to the MLB wiki, Alya is half french and half creole (of Martinique), so she's definitely way mixed and probably only 1/4 sub-saharan at best, and thus nowhere near as dark as dobson wants her to be.

dobson responded to direct replies of that nature (about the outfits affecting color of skin) with "that's not how Color Theory Works", "It's still a bad reason" and 'They should have designed the outfits' colors differently then'. Goddamn it dobson not everybody's such a damn sperg about colors.

in one of his replies, dobson said ladybug and cat noir's skin tone don't change at all. WRONG, dobson WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. I know of several instances, particularly of Cat Noir, where Cat Noir's skin is slightly more tanned than he was as Adrien Agreste, and sometimes even his hair is darker.
1573261958363.png
1573261995078.png
1573262064368.png
1573262155405.png

Holy hell, the colorism tumblr spergs are going to town on instagram STILL:
(guest appearance by velvetwitch1814 which i guess this means he didn't block her, the one who argued with him about lesbuns):
1573262238659.png1573262269936.png1573262902874.png1573262983226.png

People are going full IngSoc justice up in here:
1573263038801.png1573263068101.png
1573263104405.png

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
>I'm too poor to be a philanthropist, and too sick to participate in marches
>people like me will try to help however we can

That's the very definition of slacktivism. "I'd do anything to help people! Anything! As long as it doesn't involve putting any money into it, or getting out of the house and actually helping in some tangible way... but other than that I'm doing everything I can: giving likes, reblogging tumblr posts, arguing about star wars with random people on facebook..."

Also he's so "sick" he can't go to a protest and just stand there? I've seen people with severe disabilities in protests.

As we all know, when Dobson mentions being "sick", he's talking about his supposed PTSD from the spray bottle incident, and he has mentioned before that it caused him to suffer agoraphobia. So this post pretty much confirms that Dobson doesn't leave the house.

My interpretation of Dobson's mysterious afflictions is that the guy is so lazy, he has convinced himself he has an illness that doesn't permit him to leave the house, and conveniently it doesn't let him do anything that requires effort or that he didn't want to do in the first place, like working on improving his art. He's like Randy Marsh: it's not his fault, he's just "powerless against this horrible disease".
Mysteriously Dobson will have money and be well enough to go to the movies when there's something he really wants to see, often within a couple weeks within opening. Even if he were going to a early afternoon matinee the few movies he sees are very popular ones, the kind that'll have a good-sized group in a matinee two weeks after opening. If Dobson had a genuine phobia of crowds he'd never go to the theatre, he'd just wait for the DVD release. Even with a more milder form it's more plausible to figure out the timing before the first run ends to go then, or even go to a cheaper second run theatre.

Really, Dobson's lazy and terrible with money more than he is outright poor or sick. After all, he made a comic about microwaving a potato for dinner instead of taking the extra fifteen minutes to do it properly in the oven, and tried to pass it off as "lol I'm too poor to have a proper meal". And he admitted to his fanbase that he got a traffic ticket he'd have trouble paying off, because he didn't have the money to renew his car registration, because he had to have a Wii right now instead of taking care of more important things first to save up for it properly later.

I love the fact that people are just having fun with Dobson's comic and Dobson can't stand it.

Like seriously, they aren't even mocking Dobson or trying to make him mad. They are just having a good time and Dobson is fucking PISSED.
Per Dobson's own words, this is exactly what happened in anime club and exactly why he quit. Even though they almost certainly made lighthearted jokes at everything they watched, anything less than pure asspats was unacceptable to Hat Andy and hated all them. And furiously quit the club when he couldn't take it (or their "plebeian" tastes in anime) anymore.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
I think he wouldn't claim autism for the same reason he'd never claim he's mentally delayed/exceptional in some way (whether or not he actually is). Dobson's never admitted to having a learning disability, even though it is evident in his atrocious spelling and absolutely egregious lack of reasoning capacity. Incidentally learning disabilities can be co-morbid with autism. Besides, people make fun of autists today. And Dobson thinks he's SMRT, despite being the poster child for dunning-krueger syndrome.

The thing is, autism doesn't garner the sympathy that PTSD or all those other things he's claimed do (or he thinks they do). Neither do learning disabilities (like lysdexia). The difference being, learning disabilities and autism are innate; Dobson can claim that PTSD and depression and anxiety AND "imposter syndrome" were foisted upon him by some trigger. PTSD from the water spraying in London. Depression and anxiety from bullying in his childhood and beyond. Imposter syndrome from internet "trolls" criticizing his work. Autism doesn't make him a victim, not like those other things do, because he can claim someone or something else rather than himself caused those things to happen to him. Autism isn't caused by "oppression".
Of course he doesn't, he'd just be considered an even bigger laughing stock if he did.

Not like that would be a bad thing, I mean. More reason for us to take the piss out of him.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino