Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honest to god, I can hear the soy oozing out of my speakers. Who is that fag, and why did Dobson feel a need to turn this into an animation? "Harmful Opinions" once said something about Revolution60 that fits this animation perfectly: "This is anti-art. My life is now less rich for having seen it."
But I do love that he imagines this happening at a fastfood drive-in, maybe that's the only social interaction he gets?
Also lol at the women being the one that has to serve the guy. Gee Dobson, if any other artist would have done that, you'd be asking for their head to be impaled on a spike.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honest to god, I can hear the soy oozing out of my speakers. Who is that fag, and why did Dobson feel a need to turn this into an animation? "Harmful Opinions" once said something about Revolution60 that fits this animation perfectly: "This is anti-art. My life is now less rich for having seen it."
But I do love that he imagines this happening at a fastfood drive-in, maybe that's the only social interaction he gets?
Also lol at the women being the one that has to serve the guy. Gee Dobson, if any other artist would have done that, you'd be asking for their head to be impaled on a spike.
Pretty sure it’s one of the guys who does those The Adventure Zone podcast and the guy who teamed up with Brentalfloss to make that comic Dobson drew.

Cedric_Eff

No secret, it's the meat. Don't skimp on the meat.
kiwifarms.net
Dobson’s storyboard quality is shit compared to other storyboards. Shit even the storyboards for the Evangelion TV show was more interesting.

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
kiwifarms.net
So I gave Positiviteeny a look, and... well, they look like the kind of nerds Dobson would follow.
teenypositive - Copy.png
Looking at the storyboard, I'm not surprised Dobson couldn't get an animation job- anywhere, let alone Disney. His storyboard is in his own art style, which is perfectly fine, but it seems that's all he can draw. If you're in animation, you need to be able to draw multiple styles, depending on the project or the client. Take Titmouse, for example. Compare the styles of any three shows it has done; most are radically different from each other.
Especially with all the fanart he's done, you'd think Dobson would draw in different styles and really show off his artist skills, but nope. As always, he does the bare minimum and expects maximum praise and rewards in return.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, he's obviously not working on it anymore, which raises a question: Why is this video unlisted? It's better than any of his listed animations on his channel and honestly better than a lot of McElroy-related animations out there, but you'd never see it if you were just browsing YouTube.
There are two reasons that come to mind. First, and most obvious, because he can't handle any criticism. Second, because he's a dumbass, which is the same reason he doesn't show a link to his website, PayPal or Patreon on his "work," then complains he isn't making money from it.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His storyboard is in his own art style, which is perfectly fine, but it seems that's all he can draw. If you're in animation, you need to be able to draw multiple styles, depending on the project or the client.
As I recall he's done SYAC comics before ranting about the audacity of other people asking him to draw in someone else's style. Which yeah is kind of a dickish thing to ask at a con, but you can tell it's coming from a place of pure ego. Even if Dobson has the technical ability to mimic someone else's style... which he might, one or two of his political cartoons actually look different... his ego and narcissism wouldn't allow him to. The entire time he'd be simmering in rage over why everything wasn't in his style.

RileyV

kiwifarms.net
Excuse me? I’m not caught up with this lore.
It's on the Hypocrisy tumblr: https://hypocrisyofandrewdobson.tumblr.com/post/182646790927/actuallyand-im-just-entirely-spitballing-here

But I'll give a quick summary.

Dobson decides he's tired of hearing about the Aurora shooting whenever DKR is brought up, so he makes a comic complaining about it.

His strawman for the comic is a squid, which is apparently a reference to some old podcast or something, that he'd condenscend to you saying "just Google it, I don't have to explain jokes or references".

The thing was, it was drawn in an unmistakably style that was a reference to Bolk's art, though he denied it time and time again since everyone was pointing it out and, in addition to his callousness about the whole matter, was the only thing WORTH talking about, he never did that style (or any others) again. He was probably hoping for good buzz on aping another DA artist's style, but he was called out for using it for a tone-deaf strawman comic, so he stopped.

Bolk only referenced the whole affair a few times in passing, but never name-dropped Dobbo to my knowledge.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Honest to god, I can hear the soy oozing out of my speakers. Who is that fag, and why did Dobson feel a need to turn this into an animation?
It's one of the mackelroy brothers from the adventure zone podcast , they do a couple of other podcasts as well and their fans have a culture of animating sections of their podcasts. Dobsons probably trying to mimic this.

They're pleasent enough people who do well with what they do, probably too 'soy' for the farms 'salt' temperment. Dobson strongly projects himself onto them and their world it's why he changed his mind about D&D.

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's on the Hypocrisy tumblr: https://hypocrisyofandrewdobson.tumblr.com/post/182646790927/actuallyand-im-just-entirely-spitballing-here

But I'll give a quick summary.

Dobson decides he's tired of hearing about the Aurora shooting whenever DKR is brought up, so he makes a comic complaining about it.

His strawman for the comic is a squid, which is apparently a reference to some old podcast or something, that he'd condenscend to you saying "just Google it, I don't have to explain jokes or references".

The thing was, it was drawn in an unmistakably style that was a reference to Bolk's art, though he denied it time and time again since everyone was pointing it out and, in addition to his callousness about the whole matter, was the only thing WORTH talking about, he never did that style (or any others) again. He was probably hoping for good buzz on aping another DA artist's style, but he was called out for using it for a tone-deaf strawman comic, so he stopped.

Bolk only referenced the whole affair a few times in passing, but never name-dropped Dobbo to my knowledge.
Two things about that comic struck me on re-reading it. First, it's a cute style, and Dobbo actually pulls it off, art-wise. If he drew stuff in a similar way, as opposed to the skid-mark style his "art" usually has, he'd be vastly more successful. His personality and shitty attitude would ruin it, of course, but he'd stand a much better chance of being taken more seriously as an artist using that style than he ever will be by tracing stolen images. Second is the cognitive dissonance. This is "cancel culture" in a nutshell, which is just the sort of horseshit woke SJWs are all about. By that, I mean the part where they use the classic, "I'm not saying you can't enjoy a thing, just remember the bad things about the thing," line they always spout, so you can't actually enjoy the thing. And yet, here's Dobson, effectively rejecting the cancel culture narrative and at the same time thinking he isn't. Bonus Dobson for giving his hot take on a mass shooting by highlighting his own lack of consideration for others.

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
Two things about that comic struck me on re-reading it. First, it's a cute style, and Dobbo actually pulls it off, art-wise. If he drew stuff in a similar way, as opposed to the skid-mark style his "art" usually has, he'd be vastly more successful. His personality and shitty attitude would ruin it, of course, but he'd stand a much better chance of being taken more seriously as an artist using that style than he ever will be by tracing stolen images. Second is the cognitive dissonance. This is "cancel culture" in a nutshell, which is just the sort of horseshit woke SJWs are all about. By that, I mean the part where they use the classic, "I'm not saying you can't enjoy a thing, just remember the bad things about the thing," line they always spout, so you can't actually enjoy the thing. And yet, here's Dobson, effectively rejecting the cancel culture narrative and at the same time thinking he isn't. Bonus Dobson for giving his hot take on a mass shooting by highlighting his own lack of consideration for others.
I understand the point he's trying to make. The problem is that this comic wasn't made years after the shooting, it literally came out immediately following the shooting happening. Ultimately the incident will forever be tied to the movie, you can't avoid that. But as time heals all wounds, you don't necessarily have to bring it up whenever the movie itself is being discussed.

The lesson here is that maybe the immediate aftermath of a major mass shooting isn't the time for you to use it to have a spergout Dobson.

MarineN*423543

kiwifarms.net
I understand the point he's trying to make. The problem is that this comic wasn't made years after the shooting, it literally came out immediately following the shooting happening. Ultimately the incident will forever be tied to the movie, you can't avoid that. But as time heals all wounds, you don't necessarily have to bring it up whenever the movie itself is being discussed.

The lesson here is that maybe the immediate aftermath of a major mass shooting isn't the time for you to use it to have a spergout Dobson.
he was angry people werent giving him attention