Careercow Andrew Dobson / Tom Preston - STOP DOING SEXIST CRAP

Cuttlefish

kiwifarms.net
Like that one time, when he posted about an argument he had with some guy, ending it with a screenshot where he went "LOL HE EVEN BLOCKED ME!" - with only one flaw: The screenshot showed that Dobson had blocked them.
Dobson forgot about blocking the dude while it was happening.
Plus the time he made a comic about how a school bully tried to friend him on Facebook and he got to look so smug when denying the request - except the comic shows Dobby sending the friend request himself...

UtopiaGuy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Y'know, looking at that TAZ storyboard video, I got to thinking why Dobson couldn't just do that? It's not too bad, for what it is. It's simple, and not nearly the amount of work that would go into proper, full on animation. Several YouTubers do something similar already, editing still pictures together quickly into semi-animated clips. But of course, I already know the answer. He's lazy, and he's Dobson, so he won't do it.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Y'know, looking at that TAZ storyboard video, I got to thinking why Dobson couldn't just do that? It's not too bad, for what it is. It's simple, and not nearly the amount of work that would go into proper, full on animation. Several YouTubers do something similar already, editing still pictures together quickly into semi-animated clips. But of course, I already know the answer. He's lazy, and he's Dobson, so he won't do it.
Looking back over his history, I'd say that other than the laziness and low intelligence, his biggest hurdle is he can't take direction. Dobson's ego is such that any attempt to get him to do someone else's bidding winds up with him refusing, either through laziness or some kind of principle of thinking he knows better. (Probably both.) Look at his commission work... he doesn't do what's asked for, just slaps the general elements together because he figures it's good enough and who cares, he's the artist. I've little doubt it's also why the Brentalfloss thing crashed after a short period, he couldn't stand to draw what someone else told him to draw. As is often said, his ultimate goal is to be an "idea guy"... someone with all the control and none of the work. His view that he deserves such a position dominates his life. If he can't take even the mildest of criticisms (no matter how much praise you sugarcoat it with, whatever he says), he's not going to be able to buckle down and do what he's told.

Guarantee you that even if his skill level and laziness weren't an issue, he'd eventually get fired because he'd insist on drawing the storyboards the way he thought they should go rather than by the direction in the script.

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
kiwifarms.net
Hey, we're 101 pages away from hitting 3,000 pages!
Looking back, everything that Dobson was warned about during his DeviantArt heyday has come to pass. His cash cows (SYAC, Alex ze Pirate, etc.) have gone out with a whimper, not a bang. His original audience has either left for new talent or sticks around only to watch him implode. He is back at square one, audience-wise. His art has deteriorated significantly since 16 years ago. He still lives with his parents at the young, young age of 39. His ego is so inflated that, even as a middle-aged loser still living with Momson and Dadson, he thinks his opinions have weight like they did back in 2012. He is possibly the most-discussed lolcow on the Farms who doesn't have his own subforum.
And he made all of this happen. He has only himself to blame.
How thoroughly he fucked up his own life still astounds me every time I consider it. He was given every chance- every possible chance- to succeed, chances most people in his shoes would've jumped at. And yet, he felt he deserved to be given more, and so squandered what he had.
I'm not sure what else can be said about Andrew Dobson that hasn't already been said, but I think there is one point that deserves repeating: no artist should ever aspire to be Andrew Dobson. He is the perfect example of how to utterly fail as an artist.
Don't be a Dobson.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Looking back over his history, I'd say that other than the laziness and low intelligence, his biggest hurdle is he can't take direction. Dobson's ego is such that any attempt to get him to do someone else's bidding winds up with him refusing, either through laziness or some kind of principle of thinking he knows better. (Probably both.) Look at his commission work... he doesn't do what's asked for, just slaps the general elements together because he figures it's good enough and who cares, he's the artist. I've little doubt it's also why the Brentalfloss thing crashed after a short period, he couldn't stand to draw what someone else told him to draw. As is often said, his ultimate goal is to be an "idea guy"... someone with all the control and none of the work. His view that he deserves such a position dominates his life. If he can't take even the mildest of criticisms (no matter how much praise you sugarcoat it with, whatever he says), he's not going to be able to buckle down and do what he's told.

Guarantee you that even if his skill level and laziness weren't an issue, he'd eventually get fired because he'd insist on drawing the storyboards the way he thought they should go rather than by the direction in the script.
Don't forget about his lack of emotional resiliance and maturity.

Dobson has "mental health problems"?
Well he's re-tarded.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Koby_Fish

RobotDog

kiwifarms.net
Like that one time, when he posted about an argument he had with some guy, ending it with a screenshot where he went "LOL HE EVEN BLOCKED ME!" - with only one flaw: The screenshot showed that Dobson had blocked them.
Dobson forgot about blocking the dude while it was happening.

Also quite handy. Anxiety and """PTSD""" (over having someone tell you you're wrong via Twitter), etc. will double as an excuse for anything, I guess.
Oh yeah, I remember that one, all for defending that horrid illustration of fat midget persona characters

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
It's not an interpretation, it's drawing the characters so drastically different to the point of you might as well drawn a bunch of cosplayers pretending to be the characters. They don't even have the same body shape archetypes. Ann IIRC is the tallest of the girls, the height is off for all of them. Futaba while short is not that fucking short compared to everyone else.

Also I don't why people are chiding Dobson for living at home, because the only alternative is to have a bunch of roommates and do you really want to subject others to his IRL asshattery? Where is your humanity?