TGWTG Andrew W. Dickman / Andrew FunnyLastName / AWDplace / @AWDtwit - creepy furry artist who abused his ex and then stole her character

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

LadiosSopp

Sipping Tea in the Joker Galaxy
kiwifarms.net
Haha haven't heard about Dickman in a while.

Iirc wasn't he the guy that came into the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter forum and started finger wagging when that shitstorm was going on regarding the community manager or whatever and he got extremely asshurt and sperged out when people were like "who the fuck are you?" lol

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
Haha haven't heard about Dickman in a while.

Iirc wasn't he the guy that came into the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter forum and started finger wagging when that shitstorm was going on regarding the community manager or whatever and he got extremely asshurt and sperged out when people were like "who the fuck are you?" lol
When was this

LadiosSopp

kiwifarms.net
When was this
Looking at when the KS campaign ended around the tail end of 2017. People were sperging out because the community manager, Dina I think was her name, was speculated to be hired for her position because nepotism and she could have had influence on the game or something. The community forum was a shithole of calling out the staff over it and Dickman came in finger wagging about how people need to leave Dina alone and they'd better stop. The general response was "who are you again?" And he got super mad people didn't know who he was. Idk if that KS campaign's info is still accessible but I can check.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
Looking at when the KS campaign ended around the tail end of 2017. People were sperging out because the community manager, Dina I think was her name, was speculated to be hired for her position because nepotism and she could have had influence on the game or something. The community forum was a shithole of calling out the staff over it and Dickman came in finger wagging about how people need to leave Dina alone and they'd better stop. The general response was "who are you again?" And he got super mad people didn't know who he was. Idk if that KS campaign's info is still accessible but I can check.
So he has very thin skin

LadiosSopp

kiwifarms.net
So he has very thin skin
More along the lines of an inflated sense of self importance and he got mad when people didn't react as "OH MY GOD *THE* ANDREW DICKMAN IS HERE! SURE THING MAN WE'LL STOP BITCHING RIGHT AWAY!"

I wish I could find the forum posts but the forum was only accessible to backers, which I didn't (and I'm glad I didn't lmao). It's been years so I forgot how I saw them but I know someone was posting screenshots because of all the shit going on there. Maybe on /v/?

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
More along the lines of an inflated sense of self importance and he got mad when people didn't react as "OH MY GOD *THE* ANDREW DICKMAN IS HERE! SURE THING MAN WE'LL STOP BITCHING RIGHT AWAY!"

I wish I could find the forum posts but the forum was only accessible to backers, which I didn't (and I'm glad I didn't lmao). It's been years so I forgot how I saw them but I know someone was posting screenshots because of all the shit going on there. Maybe on /v/?
So basically a combination of ego and narcissism got it

Frank D'arbo

Not an Anime Avatar, srsly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was 2014 and if you really want to know more about the shitshow let me know, I was in the forums (you had to be a backer to access it) and remember it vividly

Frank D'arbo

Not an Anime Avatar, srsly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't just give us blueballs like that, man. Do we have to beg?
Its nearly 4 am, im tired so I'll give the cliffnotes version

• Mn9 Kickstarter happens in early 2014
  • Many people backed it, myself included
  • All was well and happy for a few months
  • Website gets a forum for backers
  • We hear about Dina, how she only got the job because her boyfriend worked at Comcept
  • A lot of people were upset at the nepotism, especially since she never played a Megaman game prior, and did horrible fan art trying to improve the game
  • 3/4 of the forum called her out on this
  • Then Andrew Dickhead shows up and starts talking how we're all misogynistic for attacking her. We all told him to fuck off
  • Shit got so out of control she started to ban people left and right.
  • As this was all happening, Gamergate was just starting, so blame was starting to shift to that.
  • In fighting at the voting process of which designs get used, a good chunk of /v/ wanted this design for Call, the Roll-type character.
    1632322954853.png
    We ended up getting what you see in the current game by a slim margin. (this had like 32% of the vote, the current design getting 33%.) Normally I'd accept defeat, but it later turns out the creators were going to use another one of her designs for a DLC, and it was one of the least popular designs (I forgot which). So we're all confused and asking why.
  • Dickhead made a video on how we're all entitled manchildren or something, again we laughed him off.
  • One user later wrote an entire essays worth of fuck yous to Dina, Comcept, and Inafun, was based beyond belief. He got banned shortly after
  • A good chunk of us were so exhausted, angry, and disappointed that we all already stopped supporting the game. Eventually I got banned and said "fuck this I'm out" and hoped for the worst, and time soon vindicated my hopes, as you all saw the shitshow from the outside
  • On top of that, there were at least 3 other kickstarter attempts, one for dubbing the game in Japanese and 2 others for Red Ash., a Sucessor to Megaman Legends. Japanese got funded when Deep Silver acquired publishing rights, while Red Ash got 2 more KS, one for the game and one for the anime. Game flunked, supposedly got picked up by a Chinese company but that never happened, the anime was in fact funded, got a quiet release for backers and shown at a Japanese animation festival, only to never be seen again.
  • The rest of the shitshow you saw from the outside. Most of the drama was swept under the rug as Gamergate bullshit, when most of this started prior.
Also worth mentioning
When this happened I was in a coding course at a school, lots of people there were big megaman fans. Person sitting next to me paid for the early prototype tier and let me play it, and while it was nothing special it was still miles ahead in quality than the final product ended up becoming.

9/22 EDIT: ADDED MORE TO WHAT HAPPENED.

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its nearly 4 am, im tired so I'll give the cliffnotes version

• Mn9 Kickstarter happens in early 2014
  • Many people backed it, myself included
  • All was well and happy for a few months
  • Website gets a forum for backers
  • We hear about Dina, how she only got the job because her boyfriend worked at Comcept
  • A lot of people were upset at the nepotism, especially since she never played a Megaman game prior, and did horrible fan art trying to improve the game
  • 3/4 of the forum called her out on this
  • Then Andrew Dickhead shows up and starts talking how we're all misogynistic for attacking her. We all told him to fuck off
  • Shit got so out of control she started to ban people left and right.
  • As this was all happening, Gamergate was just starting, so blame was starting to shift to that.
  • A good chunk of us were so exhausted, angry, and disappointed that we all already stopped supporting the game. Eventually I got banned and said "fuck this I'm out" and hoped for the worst, and time soon vindicated my hopes, as you all saw the shitshow from the outside
Also worth mentioning
When this happened I was in a coding course at a school, lots of people there were big megaman fans. Person sitting next to me paid for the early prototype tier and let me play it, and while it was nothing special it was still miles ahead in quality than the final product ended up becoming.
Thanks for elaborating, I guess there's no screencaps though? Quite a shame, I'd love to see Dicky losing his shit over not being treated like Michelangelo.