Horrorcow Andythanfiction / Andrew Michael Blake / Jordan Wood - FtM Cult Leader with Astrally Grown Penis

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Oh man, I've been waiting for an Andy Blake thread. I only recently found out about him. Some Tumblr users in the Supernatural fandom were spreading call out posts on him because apparently he's taken to preying on that fandom, and considering that fandom seems to be filled with girls ad women between the ages of 14-25, I can see why he'd go after it.
Also, me.

I've seen some people say it's actually a pretty good fanfic, but then again fandom standards can be pretty low. Also I have avoided the Harry Potter fanfic community save for a few very notable stories... like My Immortal or 30 H's.

So yeah.
Why don't we leet the good people at Project AFTER be the judges of that?
http://www.projectafterforums.com/index.php?s=70a57cbfaa1d732803d153ce834b3c37&showtopic=4775

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh man, I've been waiting for an Andy Blake thread. I only recently found out about him. Some Tumblr users in the Supernatural fandom were spreading call out posts on him because apparently he's taken to preying on that fandom, and considering that fandom seems to be filled with girls ad women between the ages of 14-25, I can see why he'd go after it.

Yeah, one of the people involved wrote a fucking book about it.

I've seen some people say it's actually a pretty good fanfic, but then again fandom standards can be pretty low. Also I have avoided the Harry Potter fanfic community save for a few very notable stories... like My Immortal or 30 H's.

So yeah.
Turimel wrote that book, but a lot of it is filled with transwank and assuming Abbey was an equal partner rather than a victim of abuse. Turi apologizes eventually somewhere on Abbey's WordPress, but she engaged in stalking Abbey after she had escaped and was generally a frothing cunt.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Turimel wrote that book, but a lot of it is filled with transwank and assuming Abbey was an equal partner rather than a victim of abuse. Turi apologizes eventually somewhere on Abbey's WordPress, but she engaged in stalking Abbey after she had escaped and was generally a frothing cunt.
I was not aware of those details.

Hindsight's always 20/20 I suppose.

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With permission of the staff, I'm necroing my own thread to bring you some updates on Andy Blake/Amy Player.

There is a giant, handy dandy timeline of everything available on the internet wrt his actions, cult formation, sock puppetry and... his son, the sparrow.

In other news, however, Andy has been chosen for season two of Viva la Cosplay, which is a youtube series/competition for cosplayers, I guess. The fact that he somehow, despite all evidence to his being a big abuser, liar and manipulator, managed to get himself a spot on a competition-type show is nothing short of hilarious.

As any type of publicity tends to make Andy 1) chimp out about how his past doesn't define him and 2) throw everyone else under the bus for his own self-gratification, I thought it only fitting that this thread got bumped.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In other news, however, Andy has been chosen for season two of Viva la Cosplay, which is a youtube series/competition for cosplayers, I guess. The fact that he somehow, despite all evidence to his being a big abuser, liar and manipulator, managed to get himself a spot on a competition-type show is nothing short of hilarious.
He does seem to have a history of worming his way into the spotlight despite his reputation. Guess it's that charm I've seen so many people write about.

I look forward to future shenanigans.

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty standard lolcow stuff, except when the part where he has run a cult for over a decade. He's been featured in a Cracked article. He was hiding in a closet when his friend/girlfriend/partner (he can never keep their relationship straight) was murdered by her ex (who then committed suicide after killing a second roommate) and he uses that experience to continue to gain members for his cult.
*spittake*

Woah, holy shit. That got fucking dark.

What fucking person would use the death of their friend to gain more followers? That's insanely shitty behavior even for a lolcow.

Dumbledore's Army is the one where Neville turns into the superhunk who gets off on pain and Ginny and Luna go from 'co-creators' to 'bitch slaves' while Snape is irredeemably evil and the Death Eaters are ridiculously evil.
Sounds like every HP fanfic I've heard of. *kneeslap*

... Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, after quickly skimming through the timeline provided by @Miraak, I notice that at some points he's referred to as a girl, but later on the pronouns shift to him being a guy. Did he actually get a sex change or is he also one of those twats that claims he's another gender in his soul or some shit?

EDIT

Going through the Project AFTER takedown of his fic (because I love those guys) and I noticed, uhhh... this foreward.

Explaining the fic is easy. Explaining the author is much, much more complicated. According to him he’s got Schizophrenia, severe DID (which aren’t related) and severe Paranoia. His behavior fits exactly none of that. It’s fairly well known that he’s FtM transgender, something that his most recent online identity denied well past the point where it became cartoonishly hilarious. Before switching genders, he talked an online friend into letting him live with her, then ran away from home. This got his female identity (Amy Player) literally on a milk carton when his parents reported him missing. So he and his friend/accomplice convinced everybody that Amy Player had committed suicide. They insisted on this even after people compared photos of Amy and photos of him and pointed out that they were exactly the same person. He founded no less than two cults based around channeling the souls of fictional characters and manipulated his followers into extremely dangerous situations. That “accomplice” I mentioned earlier had to work with a cult deprogrammer when she finally got away from him. When he got caught, he blamed DID/Multiple Personality Disorder, when it really, REALLY does not work that way. He is currently trying to convince his followers that Amy Player was his evil twin sister AND that his current online persona is another personality and that it would be very bad for this personality to find out about the whole Amy-is-actually-you thing.
wow

Reading the rest of the foreword. Uhhh...

To say that this dude is dangerous is an understatement. His MO is to present himself as a tragic, fragile-yet-talented writer/artist (one who traces and paints over photographs, and sucks at it) with a focus on the pairing most popular with young female twenty-somethings, manipulate said young female twenty-somethings into the role of follower, get them dependent on him somehow, and use them until they break down. He was present when the husband of his then-girlfriend murdered her, their other roommate, and then killed himself. He’s used her murder to present himself as an advocate for abuse victims, which is kind of like a fox making himself advocate for chickens, and to defend himself from accusations of being an abuser—his girlfriend was murdered! He can’t abuse anyone, right? He’s also glommed onto Social Justice Warrior rhetoric, when his own words showcase Pick Up Artist levels of misogyny and transphobia. Yes. The transgendered man is transphobic. No, I have no idea how the fuck that can work. No one can hold him accountable for his past actions—and I have glossed over so, so much—because he just blames it all on a multiple identity he conveniently killed, or on a break from reality, or on some other mental illness he’s stretched to fit.
The Onision vibes I'm getting from this guy are... unsettling.

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, after quickly skimming through the timeline provided by @Miraak, I notice that at some points he's referred to as a girl, but later on the pronouns shift to him being a guy. Did he actually get a sex change or is he also one of those twats that claims he's another gender in his soul or some shit?
Andy was born Amy Player. When he was 19, he claimed that he could 'channel' souls and that he was really Elijah Wood. He committed pseuicide with his 'Amy Player' identity while going as 'Jordan Wood', which got his parents involved briefly.

'Andrew Blake' is his current alias. He took the name when 'Jordan' killed himself and the soul of Orlando Bloom supposedly took over his body. He's been living as a man since about 2004, though he has not, iirc, undergone a physical transition outside of hormones. I think he really is trans, but that's hardly noteworthy. What is hilarious is that he claimed up until about the fall of 2014 that he was a biological male and that Amy Player was his evil twin sister.

Cotton Puddings

chris chan's hair is NOT BLUE!!!
kiwifarms.net

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
you'd think people who lie this often would be better at it. she doesn't even try to keep her own stories consistent

did you make this timeline? it's really good
Nope, theteablogger made the timeline thus far, and there's a part IV in the works.
There's a pretty big community on tumblr, dubbed 'Andy Blogs' that chronicle his bullshit, which include two of his ex-girlfriends and a handful of anonymous bloggers.

Cotton Puddings

chris chan's hair is NOT BLUE!!!
kiwifarms.net
Nope, theteablogger made the timeline thus far, and there's a part IV in the works.
There's a pretty big community on tumblr, dubbed 'Andy Blogs' that chronicle his bullshit, which include two of his ex-girlfriends and a handful of anonymous bloggers.
jeeesus. i knew andy had a couple hate blogs but it sounds like it's a bigger deal than i thought

theteablogger mentions someone named 'aja' as an andy apologist and if that's the same as fandomwank aja, then this rabbit hole got WAY more interesting

• Agree
Reactions: Rin and Dalish

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
jeeesus. i knew andy had a couple hate blogs but it sounds like it's a bigger deal than i thought

theteablogger mentions someone named 'aja' as an andy apologist and if that's the same as fandomwank aja, then this rabbit hole got WAY more interesting
It is indeed Aja of MsScribe/fandomwank/Daily Dot/Big Bang Press fame. What is really interesting is that Aja created a call-out post for Andy a year before she interviewed him. The interview this year has come under fire from Andy's detractors, most notably Abbey/orangeblossom, Andy's ex-girlfriend from the TentMoot days (who has since apologized and made amends with those she had wronged and had to go through cult deprogramming upon leaving Andy).

Rin

Needlessly Bitchy Pigtails Girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She wrote some huge article about how he was dark and mysterious like Christian Grey or something. (Not in so many words, but the subtext was there.) Response was generally torn between "Oh, Aja" and "Oh, Aja." Wank ensued because Aja claimed that they made her rewrite the article to praise him more heavily. Abbey managed to get a copy of her original article - not quite as asskissy in some places, but with way more stupid digressions, from what I recall. It's kind of interesting, because Aja does point out some of his more disturbing behavior, like the way he completely shuts down whe she stops talking about him and mentions something personal, but still gushes about how "charismatic" he is.

Andy's got some pretty lulzy tumblr posts, but I'm not sure I want to dig through all his shit for them.

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She wrote some huge article about how he was dark and mysterious like Christian Grey or something. (Not in so many words, but the subtext was there.) Response was generally torn between "Oh, Aja" and "Oh, Aja." Wank ensued because Aja claimed that they made her rewrite the article to praise him more heavily. Abbey managed to get a copy of her original article - not quite as asskissy in some places, but with way more stupid digressions, from what I recall. It's kind of interesting, because Aja does point out some of his more disturbing behavior, like the way he completely shuts down whe she stops talking about him and mentions something personal, but still gushes about how "charismatic" he is.
A very kind FFA (fail_fandomanon) person, undoubtedly one of Andy's victims, posted Aja's original draft. She claimed that the final product was really not her doing, but was all editing on the part of The Daily Dot. Aja is pretty notorious for not telling the truth.

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm halfway through reading that original draft, and one thing that's... just kinda annoying me is how this guy seems to become the focal point of these tragedies. Like, either he's completely devoid of empathy or, if he is, it's not enough to overtake the ego he has in trying to coalesce the outpouring of feelings people have and using it to better his little reputation.

And this guy is still around? Holy fuck, it is Onision.

Rin

Needlessly Bitchy Pigtails Girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm halfway through reading that original draft, and one thing that's... just kinda annoying me is how this guy seems to become the focal point of these tragedies. Like, either he's completely devoid of empathy or, if he is, it's not enough to overtake the ego he has in trying to coalesce the outpouring of feelings people have and using it to better his little reputation.

And this guy is still around? Holy fuck, it is Onision.
Based on what Abbey's said about him, he's basically an emotional black hole. Everything ends up being about him eventually. He's also some mad combination of a SJW and a MRA. Tumblr is about the worst possible place for him - he's finally found a fandom where people can't argue with his headcanons (Social Justice stuff), and he has way too much contact with emotionally unstable teens. He's Vade-tier creepy.

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He had been taken over by a real soul—specifically the soul of Merry, the hobbit from Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings universe. Blake was convinced that not only was Tolkien’s fantasy a real world on another dimensional plane, but that the real soul of Merry had taken over his body, and that the hobbit might return at any time.

Very quickly, Merry was followed by other visitors to Blake’s head.

The “others” arrived to Blake’s body—often several of them at once—disoriented and panicked, each with their own wealth of personal issues needing to be dealt with. The things they needed to heal from involved life-or-death crises and events requiring Andy and his friends to honest-to-goodness save the universe. Understandably, these were the kind of exhausting, all-day dramas that seemed to require endless quantities of time, energy, and inside knowledge to deal with.

“I thought I had a rare and dangerous paranormal ability that needed to be kept secret,” Blake tells me years later. Anyone Blake let into his secret usually felt incredibly special, but also took on the responsibility of helping Blake deal with all of the alters’ intergalactic crises. It was grueling. In May 2002 he wrote of one friend “having visions” due to his initiating them into his secret, another “having tantrums and memory rushes.”
You know, if all the very popular Internet people seem to get away with claiming that they have the soul of fictional characters in them, then at this point I'm tempted to join in on the act. Something is clearly working.

So there, I'm the fictive of Marisa Kirisame. Now shower me with accolades and Internet fame please.

Seriously, what is it with Internet egotists and their need to literally claim they are fictional characters?

Anyway...

Right, so anyone who officially gets compared to "We will completely cut you off from all of your friends and family and harass you for eternity" Scientology probably doesn't have anything good going for him.

At this point, Blake phased out the VB handle online and attempted to replace it with a new entity named Jordan Wood—also the name he began using in real life. What only a small inner circle of people knew was that “Jordan” was an alias for Jordan’s real identity—a duplicate clone of the soul of Elijah Wood, who was residing in Blake’s body nearly full-time at that point. As part of his belief that his previous legal identity no longer existed, Blake mailed a vague suicide note to his parents, who immediately contacted police and instigated a missing persons search. Oregon police eventually located Blake and learned he had recently tried to get a new Social Security card under his new identity by claiming he had no official documentation because he was born in an “Estacada pagan commune.”
Yeah, already mentioned but this still gets me. What is the endgame here? Fake your death, completely burn all of your ties to your former friends and family, and assume the name of a cult leader to a fragile cult that could easily fall apart if people start wondering the validity of someone that claims he has the soul of a paladin and Elijah Wood being hunted by the government? I'm trying to see the net gains here and I'm all I'm seeing is autism.

In October 2003, Blake, Stone, and a group of their fandom friends moved to L.A. together and made plans to produce a mid-sized LotR convention called Tentmoot. At 19, Blake had no convention or major financial experience of any kind, but he was popular, and he claimed to have ins with all of the stars from Lord of the Rings. It was easy enough to believe—after all, he did have Sean Astin’s phone number.

In December, just days before the convention was supposed to happen, everything went belly-up. Despite Blake telling the Oregon Convention Center that the con would bring in about 1500 fans, and despite his telling the other con organizers that they’d sold “hundreds” of online passes, sales stood at just 21 tickets sold. Elijah Wood—the other, famous version—had failed to return any of his clone twin’s calls or emails, much to Blake’s hurt and bafflement. On top of that, Air New Zealand had no knowledge of an airfare deal Blake claimed to have struck which he insisted was supposed to have given them exorbitant plane fare free of charge. Panicked, Blake ordered Stone to call everyone she knew to try to scrounge up money for the last-minute plane fare.

Acting in good faith, one of their friends, Jeanine Renne, used her credit card to charge $15,000 worth of plane tickets from New Zealand—enough to buy tickets for the four minor actors from the Lord of the Rings cast who had agreed to make the long trek from the filming location to Portland for the con. By the time the actors landed in Los Angeles, however, Renne and two other members of the Blake household had discovered the magnitude of lies Blake had told about the convention. Renne canceled all of the remaining airfare on her card, leaving one confused actor stranded in New Zealand, and the other three confused actors stranded in Los Angeles. They had no way to make it to their final destination in Portland, no con to attend even if they had made it, and no way back to Auckland. Two of them wound up spending the night sleeping on the floor of Blake and Stone’s empty apartment.

Renne was furious and betrayed, and would spend the next several months embroiled in a dispute over the remaining $10,000 in airline charges. The next time Andy and Abbey came to Portland she contacted authorities, and Blake was arrested for identity fraud.
ab-mug.jpg

Source: Jeanine Renne

The state of Oregon allowed Andy and Abbey to avoid charges of fraud by paying a fine and agreeing never to solicit funds for charity in the state again. Jeanine Renne wrote a book about the entire experience called When a Fan Hits the Shit. For the last 11 years she has dedicated her website, Turondo, and her LiveJournal, turimel, to documenting the ongoing exploits of Andrew Blake.
Just fucking lol. Those poor actors, though. Having their time wasted by a delusional fuckwit who apparently had no idea what he was doing.

The final resident, a longtime LotR fan nicknamed Diamond, quickly became initiated into the inner secrets of Blake’s soul-channeling abilities. For a time, the three of them enjoyed an uneasy household fraught with astrally projected drama and sexual tensions, as Blake routinely encouraged them both to vie for the sexual attentions of his alters. Around this time, he brought the clone spirit of Orlando Bloom into the permanent mix of alters, specifically focusing clone!Orlando’s romantic attentions on Diamond.
Won't lie. Kinda wanna punch this guy now. This is sounding more and more like an abusive sexual game for the benefit of Blake alone, and that pisses me off.

As Stone fell further into the delusion, Blake culled details about her past, including abuse that never happened. Then she claims he used it to alienate Stone from her family and friends. Blogging about the experience years later, Stone wrote:

He’d keep telling me, in the form of my father figure/guide, that there was more to remember. It was like a game; unraveling these riddles that had (apparently) always been inside me, ruining me. ...

[M]y greatest shame is how much I hurt my mother when I cut her off. With a hand written “95 Thesis” of why she was a bad mother. In Jordan’s handwriting. I can’t even write about that without an actual lump coming into my throat. Most of that book was “recovered memories” that never happened.

Under Blake’s influence, Stone sent her mother a book detailing false accusations of abuse—on Mother’s Day. it would be nearly three years before they spoke again.

In March of 2011, two months before she died, Brittany Quinn wrote a similar letter to her father on Facebook. Full of bitter accusations, it accused him of trying to “destroy” his nine children. At the end of it, she broke off contact with him entirely. “I have no relationship with you outside of our shared past and genetic material,” she wrote. “I will no longer interact with you and I ask you to refrain from contacting me.”

Her baffled father responded, commenting twice, both times to assure her how much he loved her. “I am guilty of many things and many mistakes,” he wrote, “but not all the things I am being accused of and in the degree you are accusing me of. I do Love you and all your brothers and sisters, more than I can say...”

“[T]hat letter is so disturbing,” Stone wrote much later. “It's Andy all over it. So much of it is just like what I wrote to my mother under his direction/coaching.”

It would take being pushed to life-threatening extremes for Stone to break and finally contact her mother again.

Brittany Quinn would never have that chance.
ob_vb_mullerphoto.jpg
(Source: Turondo)
What.
The.
Fuck.

This guy is full on horrorcow material.

Blake returned to fandom, this time to Harry Potter. Eager to distance himself from the well-known fandom scandal that was Tentmoot, he took the handle Thanfiction (as in “stranger than.”) On Fanfiction.net he began posting a very long fic series full of original characters called Dumbledore’s Army and the Year of Darkness. Though it wasn’t a tremendously popular fic, its fans showed a notable degree of loyalty to the series, referring to themselves as “DAYDians.” The DAYDverse, as it became known, racked up fanart, a TV Tropes page, its own Wiki, and a Facebook community. They even threw a small informal convention for themselves.
Wait, this happened after that nonsense?

Oh god there really is no good in the universe...

Gradually, as Thanfiction met up with more members of the DAYDian community, he let a few of them in on his secret—some of the “characters” of the DAYDverse were real. They had joined the ever-growing cast of alters vying for space in his head.
Right, so let's take a tally. This guy has the alters of:

Merry
A Paladin
Elijah Wood
Orlando Bloom
Some Supernatural Entity
A Couple of Characters of his Shitty Harry Potter Fanfiction

in his head. I can't imagine what happens when this guy walks into a restaurant. Ordering for food must be a nightmare.

In 2008 he posted to his LiveJournal account encouraging readers to practice starvation for a few days in order to write better.
As a writer, I can officially vouch that this suggestion is fucking bullshit and anyone who took it seriously needs to get some help.

He says the reason is that he’s staying for the benefit of future potential victims of people who once were like himself. “I want the right to live it down,” he says. “That’s all I want.” In essence, he wants to be the one to turn his own past into a cautionary tale.
Pinging @Moleman9000. This guy is an example of why you should give up trying to make Moleman9000 a thing.

tl;dr The guy is an insane fuckup and a manipulative bitch, but apparently he's been trying to recover, but a bunch of his detractors are skeptical that, well, he's able to do so.

Honestly, even if he thinks it's all noble and responsible to claim responsibility for his actions, being associated with this much drama basically makes it impossible for you to ever live it down since the Internet documents everything. If he wants to be a cautionary tale, fine, but if he wants to actually start a new life, he needs to literally start a new life. Change name, change Tumblr handles, hell, change his appearance if the watchdogs are that obsessed with making sure that he doesn't try anything stupid.

But since he's decided to take his drama to this Viva la Cosplay, I guess what we can do is just sit back and see if he spergs out. Everyone is capable of change, but there's also a very important disclaimer to that:

Everyone is also capable of lying.

Tags
None