Horrorcow Andythanfiction / Andrew Michael Blake / Jordan Wood - FtM Cult Leader with Astrally Grown Penis

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fresh Andy drama as of the last couple months. He conned some well-meaning people in the Los Angeles nerd scene into believing he had never been to LA before but had a full-time costuming job nearby and would just need a place to crash for a week once he moved out there. Of course, Andy being Andy there wasn't really much of a job and he immediately started telling people he'd been invited to stay the whole summer while becoming his usual nightmare manipulative slob self. Luckily someone in their friends group had heard about his prior cult-leader antics and raised the alarm, resulting in him being sent packing that night. There's a far more thorough summary available on tumblr, courtesy of "theteablogger."

Since then, an "Andrew Blake FAQ" page has been started on facebook where his followers post testimonials that he's totally not abusive for real, and one of his true believers (or sock puppets) has been arguing in the comments of the facebook post his former hosts put up to warn their friends about him.

Also, he totally got an orange branch stuck in his hair and couldn't get it out because random wacky things are always happening to Andy even though he has a very high IQ-- no wait that's the story he told. His host actually watched him break the branch off her tree, stick it in his head, and then post selfies bragging about how smart but wacky he is on tumblr.

He's since made some public "apologies" that are blatant bids for past victims to let him talk to them one-on-one.

While theteablogger.tumblr.com seems to be the most currently active Andy watching site, it's worth noting that Abby aka KumquatWriter has moved onto tumblr, where she has commented some on current events. Her Wordpress site is still one of the best sources around for info on Andy's past antics, as she had been one of his most devoted true believers during his actual first stint in LA well over a decade ago.

This is so strange.

Lord Khaz

dorfkin
kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to figure out exactly why someone would post this sort of thing. The simple answer is of course :autism:, but surely even most autistic people, or at least high-functioning ones, realize that doing or saying something stupid is likely to result in negative responses even if they don't understand why. Is he doing this for attention? Well I guess he succeeded at that at least.

Dolce & Gabbana

kiwifarms.net
It's probably because his favorite kind of people to run the lives of are very insecure people who also like the idea of a smart professor type guy taking care of all of their problems for them. What it comes down to, I think, is "I want the sad, nervous nerds to trust me, so they have to know I'm smart, but not too smart so they don't feel threatened and avoid me," and he takes this and goes right for that quirky cartoon professor shit, leading to shit like the orange branch and back scratcher. Pretty sure he expects people to look at that and be like, "Wow, he's so gentle and authentic, he's very smart but he makes mistakes just like me! He knows that his Certified Massive IQ doesn't make him any more special than me, so I can trust him <3"

Big Meaty Claws

What did you say, punk?!
kiwifarms.net
Is it wrong to want this type of guy to fuck up badly and end up in prison?

People who use the pain of others to make themselves feel like vastly important people should honestly be taken down a trip to the Psyche ward.

• Feels
Reactions: ficklepickle

Dolce & Gabbana

kiwifarms.net
That recap of what Andy'd been up to in LA that got posted earlier is a ride. He's such an awkward dumbass and it really jumps out. This dude has been known on the internet as a cult leader and a social mastermind for years and he's just so goddamn stupid. It's just the funniest fucking thing. I can't blame people who got taken in by his kind of ridiculous bullshit for trying to save face by blowing it up as the machinations of a strategic god, but looking at him trying to pull this shit on established adults with a solid social circle and healthy lives is so hilarious. It's pretty clear that he must have just been a big fish in a small pond with people who are somehow even more awkward than he is, because I can't imagine how else he'd have sustained that bad guy rep for so long. Now he's aging and the world is moving on, people are better at tracking shit and talking about it, and he's barely keeping up with basic human conversation. I don't think I ever really believed that this dude was a genuine genius cult leader mastermind, but seeing a recap of him alienating so many people so quickly, while appearing to not notice how bad he was doing at all until he got kicked out, is the funniest damn thing. I just can't get over it. The whole situation makes me wonder how many legendary con men of history were exactly this dumb and embarrassing. Maybe they only got away with shit so much because nobody had Google.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That recap of what Andy'd been up to in LA that got posted earlier is a ride. He's such an awkward dumbass and it really jumps out. This dude has been known on the internet as a cult leader and a social mastermind for years and he's just so goddamn stupid. It's just the funniest fucking thing. I can't blame people who got taken in by his kind of ridiculous bullshit for trying to save face by blowing it up as the machinations of a strategic god, but looking at him trying to pull this shit on established adults with a solid social circle and healthy lives is so hilarious. It's pretty clear that he must have just been a big fish in a small pond with people who are somehow even more awkward than he is, because I can't imagine how else he'd have sustained that bad guy rep for so long. Now he's aging and the world is moving on, people are better at tracking shit and talking about it, and he's barely keeping up with basic human conversation. I don't think I ever really believed that this dude was a genuine genius cult leader mastermind, but seeing a recap of him alienating so many people so quickly, while appearing to not notice how bad he was doing at all until he got kicked out, is the funniest damn thing. I just can't get over it. The whole situation makes me wonder how many legendary con men of history were exactly this dumb and embarrassing. Maybe they only got away with shit so much because nobody had Google.

He's only worked so well as a cult leader because everyone he's preyed upon has such low self-esteem that they'll fall for his bullshit.

• Feels
Reactions: ficklepickle

Dolce & Gabbana

kiwifarms.net
I was thinking about this thread again after the Vintage Lolcows thread reminded me and that whole LA story (there are several links around the main story so it's worth clicking around) is still the funniest damn thing.

"My fiance also reminded me today about how he was constantly bragging about being a gourmet chef but didn’t know how to boil eggs, and he also put together a menu for a Critical Role themed dinner he wanted to host at my house (so I could invite the CR cast, naturally) that involved menu items like guinea pigs and peacocks. My dear friend [redacted] who is actually a fucking incredible high end chef laughed out loud when he saw the menu, thinking it was a joke, and he and Andy had a heated conversation about it where Andy genuinely suggested we go hunt peacocks in Beverly Hills and buy guinea pigs from pet stores to make into meat."