Angela Merkel visibly shaking during national anthem, blaming dehydration -

Arm Pit Cream

God only knows what I'd be without you
kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking ally might not be the right word. Economic partner, definitely. I doubt Western Europe has put the Cold War completely behind them, and I'm certain Putin hasn't - that's probably why he wanted Crimea so much, demographics of the region be damned.
Reluctant ally is the right word when Germany relies on Russia quite so much. Whenever a diplomatic issue pops up Merkel has continually been much easier on the Russians then other Western leaders, that extends beyond just economics. Soviets and Americans were allies in WW2. Why has Merkel continued to work well with the Russians despite that Putin has a track record of being very rude? Most world leaders spergout over Trump being a bit rude.

The goals of EU and Russia are opposed, but that's my point, Germany's interests at some point have to come before other European states, Russia appeals to the necessity of some of those interests. Their relationship is based on necessity rather than simply economics. Europe struggles to find fossil fuels and Iran being sanctioned empowers the Russians further.

Scandinadian Bacon

kiwifarms.net
How does dehydration make you shake like that.
Muscle spasms, exhaustion, irregular blood pressure, body unable to properly regulate temperature and function. Have you ever actually been dehydrated in your life? Or just really really thirsty? It gets bad pretty fast when you truly start to run dry and then are expected to do something other than lounge around the house or sit in an office.

Merkel is shitty but she is either a human or a lizard and therefore needs water to live. I'd believe the dehydration story. Her age combined with a poor diet (I mean look at her) and a lack of water means that this can very easily happen on a hot day to any one of us. If she's been working overtime to prepare for this meeting (likely, she's a well-known political nerd after all) and missing out on sleep here and there and if she's neglected salt and potassium intake (which is very easy to do) there's no reason to believe anything other than what the official story states.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Whenever a diplomatic issue pops up Merkel has continually been much easier on the Russians then other Western leaders
why not? Russia is a natural ally for Germany.
they have the raw rescources and we the production power. Russians also adore german Culture.

Why has Merkel continued to work well with the Russians despite that Putin has a track record of being very rude?
alot of it is done behind closed doors, without Merkel. her domestic partners beg the former german chancellor to talk to putin.
Schröder and Putin are friends.

The goals of EU and Russia are opposed, but that's my point, Germany's interests at some point have to come before other European states, Russia appeals to the necessity of some of those interests.
The Eu cant do shit. Germany wanted that pipe and they build the Pipe, no matter how much anybody cryed about it.

Their relationship is based on necessity rather than simply economics. Europe struggles to find fossil fuels and Iran being sanctioned empowers the Russians further.
Europe doesnt struggles to find fuel, the south struggles to pay for it.

Germany sold it's soul to Russia to score environmentalist points in natural gas. There's one real consequence of "climate change"
Natural gas has very little to do with climate change. all those deals in recent past arent about more natural gas, its about getting natural gas directly, without crossing eastern europe. Ukraine, poland and belarus will steal gas if they feel like it, the baltic sea is the best way around them.
Russia needs the money from Natural gas way more than germany needs the gas.

Zero0

kiwifarms.net
Muscle spasms, exhaustion, irregular blood pressure, body unable to properly regulate temperature and function. Have you ever actually been dehydrated in your life? Or just really really thirsty? It gets bad pretty fast when you truly start to run dry and then are expected to do something other than lounge around the house or sit in an office.

Merkel is shitty but she is either a human or a lizard and therefore needs water to live. I'd believe the dehydration story. Her age combined with a poor diet (I mean look at her) and a lack of water means that this can very easily happen on a hot day to any one of us. If she's been working overtime to prepare for this meeting (likely, she's a well-known political nerd after all) and missing out on sleep here and there and if she's neglected salt and potassium intake (which is very easy to do) there's no reason to believe anything other than what the official story states.
How dehydrated do you have to be to get to that point? She's not in the middle of a desert, I find it hard to believe that she managed to get to that point. The poor health + some dehydration I find more likely, but the whole point of claiming dehydration is damage control because poor health is obviously bad for polls.

Scandinadian Bacon

kiwifarms.net
How dehydrated do you have to be to get to that point? She's not in the middle of a desert, I find it hard to believe that she managed to get to that point. The poor health + some dehydration I find more likely, but the whole point of claiming dehydration is damage control because poor health is obviously bad for polls.
Depends on a variety of factors. As I said earlier her age and occupation play into this a lot. I'm not suggesting that this isn't damage control or spin, but this seems like pretty mild spin. And the article itself really seems to be just another hit piece by a shitty media cabal. And remember, it only takes three days to die without water. A single day of missed opportunities due to overworking oneself will leave a person feeling like shit the following morning. I don't want to understate the fact that Merkel does take her job very seriously, even if she's not really that good at it. At her core she has always been a workaholic type with a nerd-like interest in political things. So I do believe she probably was preparing overtime for a visit from a foreign dignitary. And then to continue not hydrating, bundling up in dress clothes and standing out in the sun is not a good combination.

Calling her health "poor" may be true, but I think that is a bit of a loaded term as well. Her health probably isn't what it used to be, but she likely has pretty good medical attendants despite her distant youth.

Also just as a side note, Angela Merkel is not standing for re-election as Chancellor under any circumstance and seems to be heading for retirement. The next decade is going to be entertaining for Euro-watchers.

Robot Teapot

kiwifarms.net
Basically lads? What she experienced at that moment, was the glance of, and the POINTING FINGER OF THE GHOST SPIRIT HITLER, aiming directly into her eyes and thus, her very soul, with great malice and rage, asking 'Why have you forsaken our Nation? Why have you forsaken our European heritage?'

Only she could see the ENTITY. Well, her and my cousin Brian who was also there and is an OCCULT SPIRITUALIST something guy, so that's definitely what happened.

Scandinadian Bacon

kiwifarms.net
Basically lads? What she experienced at that moment, was the glance of, and the POINTING FINGER OF THE GHOST SPIRIT HITLER, aiming directly into her eyes and thus, her very soul, with great malice and rage, asking 'Why have you forsaken our Nation? Why have you forsaken our European heritage?'

Only she could see the ENTITY. Well, her and my cousin Brian who was also there and is an OCCULT SPIRITUALIST something guy, so that's definitely what happened.
Pretty sure I saw her natural camouflage fail for a moment as well. Was not able to detect a second eyelid though... but they started removing those via plastic surgery in the late 80s.

Arm Pit Cream

God only knows what I'd be without you
kiwifarms.net
Europe doesnt struggles to find fuel, the south struggles to pay for it.
Firstly, half of what you said I just said so I don't really know what you're getting at.
Secondly, average price of a litre of gas in France 2.09 USD, Price of a litre in America 0.79 cents. Obviously this doesn't reflect everything but you're lying if you think Europe doesn't have a energy problem. Why did European countries support Iran and try to continue their oil based relationship with them despite US sanctions? Germany's natural resources will run out soon, and like it or not that creates more demand for energy importing.

Scandinadian Bacon

kiwifarms.net
Firstly, half of what you said I just said so I don't really know what you're getting at.
Secondly, average price of a litre of gas in France 2.09 USD, Price of a litre in America 0.79 cents. Obviously this doesn't reflect everything but you're lying if you think Europe doesn't have a energy problem. Why did European countries support Iran and try to continue their oil based relationship with them despite US sanctions? Germany's natural resources will run out soon, and like it or not that creates more demand for energy importing.
I've only been paying attention to your guys' discussion tangentially but you just raised a perspective I've never really thought about before.

The EU is kind of in the same position that the USA was in during the Clinton and Bush eras, where the nation is finding itself increasingly uncomfortable with its relationship to oil producing countries. But with no quick way out there was confusion over how to deal with the problem of dependency. In the case of the United States the nation was fortunate because they were able to utilize technological advances and political maneuvering to open up more resources for harvest.

But given the structure of the EU and the current disagreements over a wide range of issues, plus the simple fact that these are separate unitary states and not separate states within a federation... how does the European Union solve this looming crisis? That's a real conundrum right there. But also not really on topic so I'll leave that to you guys and/or for another thread.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Secondly, average price of a litre of gas in France 2.09 USD, Price of a litre in America 0.79 cents. Obviously this doesn't reflect everything but you're lying if you think Europe doesn't have a energy problem.
taxes are the problem behind that. Spot prices for oil arent higher in the EU and Delivery is cheaper.
Europe going green is already a problem for world trade. Cheap crap from china and resources from shithole countrys are the only things Europe imports in large amounts.
how are the Saudis supposed to pay for guns and cars if they stop selling oil to europe?

hy did European countries support Iran and try to continue their oil based relationship with them despite US sanctions?
that oil goes mostly to china anyway. but Iran is very attractive for investing, its a huge market, pretty well educated, hungry for the good things in life.
Oil is a very good way or payment, the iranian money is worthless, they dont have enough gold, and not much else to export.
you sell a bunch of cars to iran and take a tanker full oil as payment. it doesnt matters if you sell the oil on the tanker to china or in europe, those currency risks are way cheaper.

Germany's natural resources will run out soon, and like it or not that creates more demand for energy importing.
there is enough coal in the ground for decades, but why bother? its dirty and more expensive, and we like our woodlands very much.
Energie imports will go down in the future, Northern Europe is going green pretty fast. Its a pretty good investment for a bunch of country without much energie in the ground but alot of money that needs investment.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li

Honorary Zoomer
kiwifarms.net
Well, I don't know what to make of this.

On the one hand, Angela Merkel is the living embodiment of German self-hatred and seeing as she was former Stasi, I would not be surprised if she was so "woke" that she hates her own country's anthem the same way that Antifa soyboys and dangerhairs on Twitter hate America, but even for Germany, this is kind of extreme.

A more serious guess is either Parkinson's or given her age and poor diet and exercise habits, the dehydration story might actually have some truth to it.

Allow me to quote the only post-Cold War leader of an EU nation whose opinions I can actually respect...

"Angela Merkel is an unfuckable lardass!"
-Silvio Berlusconi, Former Prime Minister of Italy

Based Berlusconi had Merkel's number on a lot of issues, but because he was so brazenly corrupt AND openly critical of the EU, his legitimate criticisms of the EU and the disproportionate influence Germany has on the EU at the expense of other nations in Europe were swept under the rug at the time and dismissed.

Don't get me wrong, Silvio Berlusconi was still a kleptocratic man-thot who likely had Mafia ties.

But he was right about the self-destructive nature of postmodernist Germany and the EU in general, especially in the wake of the 2008 Recession and the counterproductive austerity measures. Given things such as Brexit and the refugee crisis, there's a good chance somewhere in the Italian countryside, Silvio Berlusconi is saying to himself "You could have prevented this..." before going back to his usual routine of hookers and blow.

Had the global economic meltdown of the late 2000's not happened, chances are the first country to leave the EU would have probably been Italy, Ireland, or Poland instead of the United Kingdom.

If France leaves the EU in the wake of the Yellow Vests riots and other controversies? Well, then the EU is fucked at that point.

At that point, it will no longer be economically viable for the non-pozzed European countries (Poland, Italy, Ireland, Hungary) to keep throwing their lot in with chuckle-fuck postmodern shitholes like Sweden and Germany.

We wouldn't even need this article had NATO done the right thing in the early 90's and went Nuremburg Trials 2: Cold War Boogaloo on the old regime big shots of the USSR and Warsaw Pact back when we could have done so.

Given that Vladimir Putin was a high-ranking KGB officer and Angela Merkel held significant rank in the Stasi, it's likely both of them would be facing a trial at the hands of NATO and possibly the UN as well.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
At that point, it will no longer be economically viable for the non-pozzed European countries (Poland, Italy, Ireland, Hungary) to keep throwing their lot in with chuckle-fuck postmodern shitholes like Sweden and Germany.
i doubt any of those countrys would leave the Eu after France leaves, they gain alot more power and dont lose much of their gibz.
they would pressure spain and portugal to change or leave, but they would never leave germany, Central europe is the work bench of german companys, it would hurt them alot if they leave the market. and Italy goes bankrupt the moment they leave germany, they have to much debt and realy big problems and the hope that germany will buy them out is the only thing keeping Italys bonds from imploding.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
I'm more likely to believe it's demons than that she forgot to eat or drink anything for days.
She is elderly, it was a realy disgusting hot day, she is a workaholic...

People from outside germany maybe dont understand her.
She is the ultimate politician, she the biggest opportunist you can imagine, everything she ever did was to get into and hold onto power.
she is maybe the smartest politician in a long time. She reads the polls and acts just right. even her move in the migrant crisis was perfect.
her plan was bold and almost worked, she wanted to trade her coalition partner to preserve her partys grip on power.
her plan only didnt worked because a politician grew a spine, nobody could have imagined that, its like winning the lottery 10 times in a row.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino