Animal Breeding Horror Show - Featuring trendy bulldogs, exotic bullies and the dog cum cartel

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Would you jerk off animals daily for $10,000 a month?

• Total voters

SchoolLunchlady

get blood cancer
kiwifarms.net
Haven't seen any tard cat posts lately so here's an instagram dump, mostly from one Italian exotic shorthair/persian cattery. Most other commenters are either normies putting up hearts or other catteries, which have much more normal looking cats.

This one was in my recommended, thought it was a felted cat or a plushie at first
cat.jpg
Not an expert but don't think that white part of the eye should be that visible
cat2.jpg
Kittens
cat.PNGat4.jpg
It just gets worse from here
wet_retard.jpg
These motherfuckers don't even have flat faces, the faces are CONCAVE
cat3.jpg
retard.jpgcat1.jpgflat.PNG

Any cat spergs here can tell us what's going on with persians/exotic shorthairs in the last couple of years?
Used to go to some big local cat shows 10-15 years ago. Shows had legit breeders, FIFe certified or whatever, no backyeard breeders whatsoever (they're not as common as with dogs anyway). Mostly Maine coons, but there were a lot of persians and exotics. NONE of them even remotely looked like this.
Was this always a niche thing that just became popular with the popularity of internet/instagram or are these extreme flat-faces something new in the cat breeding world? Did the breed standard change?

Sparklepants

Concerningly greasy
kiwifarms.net
Haven't seen any tard cat posts lately so here's an instagram dump, mostly from one Italian exotic shorthair/persian cattery. Most other commenters are either normies putting up hearts or other catteries, which have much more normal looking cats.

This one was in my recommended, thought it was a felted cat or a plushie at first
View attachment 2803295
View attachment 2803292
Kittens
View attachment 2803297View attachment 2803290
View attachment 2803288
View attachment 2803291
View attachment 2803289View attachment 2803294View attachment 2803306

Any cat spergs here can tell us what's going on with persians/exotic shorthairs in the last couple of years?
Used to go to some big local cat shows 10-15 years ago. Shows had legit breeders, FIFe certified or whatever, no backyeard breeders whatsoever (they're not as common as with dogs anyway). Mostly Maine coons, but there were a lot of persians and exotics. NONE of them even remotely looked like this.
Was this always a niche thing that just became popular with the popularity of internet/instagram or are these extreme flat-faces something new in the cat breeding world? Did the breed standard change?
Instagram, especially cats like Grumpy Cat and Lil Bub, created massive demand for badly bred, fucked up looking cats. Scottish folds and munchkins exploded in popularity too. I'm more concerned about idiots getting Bengal cats and other wildcat mixes, those can be super dangerous. There's actually two of them loose in my neighborhood right now and no one can catch them since they're, you know, fucking wildcats.

Spennychu

idiot
kiwifarms.net
God those exotics are horrific. the eye sockets are so shallow there is nothing protecting them and irritation is a common issue.

Instagram, especially cats like Grumpy Cat and Lil Bub, created massive demand for badly bred, fucked up looking cats. Scottish folds and munchkins exploded in popularity too. I'm more concerned about idiots getting Bengal cats and other wildcat mixes, those can be super dangerous. There's actually two of them loose in my neighborhood right now and no one can catch them since they're, you know, fucking wildcats.
Pet wildcats and hybrids make me legit MATI, those animals are not pets and shouldn't be fucked with.
5c38b6a0dda4c8bf368b457a.JPG
You can't call yourself an animal lover and keep shit like that imprisoned in your home and fuelling animal trafficking. Hell, cheetahs are currently facing extinction because rich saudi idiots want them for instagram. Why aren't people content with just owning a normal cat???

Friendly Primarina

50% more friendly than the average Primarina
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2803295
View attachment 2803292
Kittens
View attachment 2803288
View attachment 2803291
Sounds dumb in hindsight but it never occurred to me that cats have sclera. This is legitimately my first time seeing them.

AngeryBeans

kiwifarms.net
You can't call yourself an animal lover and keep shit like that imprisoned in your home and fuelling animal trafficking. Hell, cheetahs are currently facing extinction because rich saudi idiots want them for instagram. Why aren't people content with just owning a normal cat???

The thing that gets me is that normal cats are pretty damn close to wildcats anyway. They're sort of only tentatively domesticated on their terms. You don't NEED a wildcat. Normal cats have the same instincts, they look pretty similar but they'll also be suited for home environments and accept cuddles (most of the time). They're the perfect design. Don't get a wildcat just to look cool.

Feline Supremacist

слава России! Ты никогда не станешь женщиной
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God those exotics are horrific. the eye sockets are so shallow there is nothing protecting them and irritation is a common issue.

Pet wildcats and hybrids make me legit MATI, those animals are not pets and shouldn't be fucked with.
I have a relative with a Bengal, he's older tho. If they're generationally father down enough to be considered domestic they should be fine. I can't say I approve of producing breeds like this, I agree it's unnecessary. I'd like to see more effort into preserving wild breeds like the Scottish Wildcat, probably the last extant European wildcat (there may be a native population in Corsica/Sardinia but its not confirmed).

Those Persians are horrible, that is an outright crime.

Cheetahs are an unusual case, they have been domesticated and used by various peoples for hunting and tracking; there are records of Indians and Africans doing so going back a millennia. The South African Air Force uses them on air bases to chase away wildlife. But Saudis aren't getting them for conservation and they should be banned outright from access to any kind of wildlife. I hope the civil war in Yemen put a stop to the African Lion trade (I've seen those up close too, they are huge and can rip you apart faster than you can say "bad kitty"). The Sand Cat is doomed if rich Gulf Arabs take a liking to it.

I remember reading about a Russian with a puma in his apartment. Having seen them in Sierras, I can tell you they are large, powerful and definitely wild. They don't belong in a home under any circumstance and I don't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea. I can see a semi-domesticated puma visiting you and occasionally hanging out but I have never heard of it happening. Best leave wildlife to the wild.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember reading about a Russian with a puma in his apartment. Having seen them in Sierras, I can tell you they are large, powerful and definitely wild. They don't belong in a home under any circumstance and I don't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea. I can see a semi-domesticated puma visiting you and occasionally hanging out but I have never heard of it happening. Best leave wildlife to the wild.
That's Messi, and he's a captive-bred runt with some ongoing medical issues.

Not arguing that "urban Russian apartment" is the natural habitat for a adult mountain lion, but keeping wild animals in your apartment is natural behavior for Russians, so maybe it evens out.

Instagram.

Feline Supremacist

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's Messi, and he's a captive-bred runt with some ongoing medical issues.

Not arguing that "urban Russian apartment" is the natural habitat for a adult mountain lion, but keeping wild animals in your apartment is natural behavior for Russians, so maybe it evens out.

Instagram.
I hope it works out for Messi but I have not changed my mind and still believe it's not appropriate for a puma to live in an apartment. A wildlife sanctuary is probably the best place for him but I hope he's comfortable and happy for now. Russians keep bears and even wolves as pets so who knows.

Spennychu

idiot
kiwifarms.net
I have a relative with a Bengal, he's older tho. If they're generationally father down enough to be considered domestic they should be fine. I can't say I approve of producing breeds like this, I agree it's unnecessary. I'd like to see more effort into preserving wild breeds like the Scottish Wildcat, probably the last extant European wildcat (there may be a native population in Corsica/Sardinia but its not confirmed).

Those Persians are horrible, that is an outright crime.

Cheetahs are an unusual case, they have been domesticated and used by various peoples for hunting and tracking; there are records of Indians and Africans doing so going back a millennia. The South African Air Force uses them on air bases to chase away wildlife. But Saudis aren't getting them for conservation and they should be banned outright from access to any kind of wildlife. I hope the civil war in Yemen put a stop to the African Lion trade (I've seen those up close too, they are huge and can rip you apart faster than you can say "bad kitty"). The Sand Cat is doomed if rich Gulf Arabs take a liking to it.

Sperg moment incoming cheetahs have never been truly domesticated. Domestication takes many many generations of careful selection, even our best 21st century zoos have issues breeding cheetahs because they stress so easily. Some zoos even give their cheetahs emotional support dogs for companionship. This is also why cubs are being poached and not churned out in mills like lions and tiger cubs are ( e.g. South Africa had a grift to 'volunteer raising orphan lion cubs' when they're actually not orphaned and being farmed for canned hunting). The word you're looking for is tamed.

Carol baskin is a fucking nutcase but I sincerely hope her bill banning private ownership of big cats gets passed. I stg between Nickocado's sloth and Amy Ramadan's pet skunk I think we need permits and an IQ test to keep anything more demanding than a fucking moss ball.

Windows Error 98

bluescreening
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2803295
View attachment 2803292
Kittens
View attachment 2803288
View attachment 2803291

Cat sperg here. To my knowledge, the change from “doll-face” (sort of flat faced cats) to brachycephalic/ completely flat faced cats happened for the reason that increasingly extremeness happens in any breed: the people who wrote the standard were unaware that people would try to take them this fucking seriously, so over the generations it gets more and more and more extreme until you get at organism that barely looks like what you started with.

There was some drama in the 1960s? over a VERY flat faced persian called the peak-face / peke-face. This was apparently an isolated single mutation and not the product of continuous breeding, but it was even more extreme than “normal” persians now and this was in the sixties. There was drama because I think the Europeans banned the peke-face because it was recognized as a fucking abomination and they slowly disappeared.

From what I know the modern “smashed in with a brick” look of the average persian started in the 70s-80s? Typing’s gotten more extreme over the decades

I think there’s been an uptick in cat breeders in the past two decades, which has naturally lead to a lot of fucking crazy people entering the business. There was all this drama over the new Lykoi breed (those like half hairless wolf cat things) iirc where the cats were all descended from like 3 animals and the head breeder was keeping them trapped in a dank caged basement with specifically timed lights and they were all completely unsocialized. Cat breeders are insane. I’m not like an insider or anything so there’s probably way more than I know.

TLDR it’s not exactly modern, been around since the 80s basically but it’s probably gotten worse

Feline Supremacist

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sperg moment incoming cheetahs have never been truly domesticated. Domestication takes many many generations of careful selection, even our best 21st century zoos have issues breeding cheetahs because they stress so easily. Some zoos even give their cheetahs emotional support dogs for companionship. This is also why cubs are being poached and not churned out in mills like lions and tiger cubs are ( e.g. South Africa had a grift to 'volunteer raising orphan lion cubs' when they're actually not orphaned and being farmed for canned hunting). The word you're looking for is tamed.

Carol baskin is a fucking nutcase but I sincerely hope her bill banning private ownership of big cats gets passed. I stg between Nickocado's sloth and Amy Ramadan's pet skunk I think we need permits and an IQ test to keep anything more demanding than a fucking moss ball.
It's true they don't breed easily which doesn't bode well for them. I agree tamed is a better word but they can adapt to being around people and have done so for hundreds of years, unlike the other big cats. I have a soft spot for them, I donate to conservationists because they're critically endangered.

It's like horses, ever hear someone who has no idea what it takes to keep a horse say they want one? I'm like hey you have that kind money? To pay to keep a horse stabled, groomed, exercised and fed? What about the vet bills? Horse tend to get bloat, you have to be prepared to deal with it yourself because a vet is often too far away to get to them in time before they die. Laminitis? That's a money pit and often the horse has to be downed. Find and pay a farrier? How about tack? Horses are expensive and high maintenance yet people think its no big deal. And they're domestic animals, forget about exotics, people have no clue.

rongeromy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve actually read some studies about Persian cats that show that although the “doll-face” short-snouted Persians of yesteryear can be prone to being dumbasses and look kind of weird, it’s nothing compared to the nightmare of brain, skull, and dental deformity that the current “peke-face” resembling Persians have.

042FF582-D9AA-451E-9FB4-4CA3E17808D0.jpeg

Figs. C-I are all brachycephalic. Notice the huge dents and lesions (holes) in their skulls. All brachycephalic Persians had greatly reduced or missing frontal sinus. Sinus dysfunction can be implicated in breathing problems, which are common in Persian cats today.

9CE33A5E-629F-4142-95A0-920FEEC55276.png

Comparison of normal cats with “doll-face” and brachycephalic Persians. The brachycephalic skull is completely different morphologically than the other two. Brachycephaly like this in cats is due to premature fusion of skull bones, similar to Crouzon syndrome in humans.

4DE13550-285A-427D-B291-46DE0DA39448.png

Dental abnormalities in brachycephalic cats. Because the maxilla is underdeveloped, brachycephalic Persians are prone to developing underbite. They also are prone to dental misalignment. This can prevent appropriate feeding and grooming behavior.

D76C0B9F-DCF9-49B9-B204-C73B6A14B4A5.png

Brain MRI. Brachycephalic Persians have extremely compressed frontal lobes, enlarged ventricles (and often hydrocephalus), and are prone to brain herniation, which is exactly what it sounds like. This can cause cognitive delay, neurological problems, and death. The kittens in the previous scan were euthanized due to severe neurological problems.

625C863E-472C-4D52-BA1E-84D61D9A80B9.png

Normal cat brain (A) vs brachycephalic Persian cat brain (B). Brachycephalic Persians have large portions of their brain demolished and have less grey and white matter mass than normal cats. The white part is just fluid.

Mepsi Pax

kiwifarms.net
They used to throw out the concave ones, in fact I got a free persian back in Y2K days because it had been abandoned by a breeder for having an extreme face. The one I got looked just like the wet cat pictured, it didn't quite reach the level of some of those others - obviously this look has really come into fashion in the past 20 years.

The thing actually lived decently long (at least a decade) though it got pretty gross at the end, requiring some medication and yowling a lot (it was either demented or in pain) before gracelessly expiring all of a sudden.

My prediction is there will be more and more cat and dog abominations in the near future. The demand is crazy and shows no signs of stopping, and fantasy entertainment has perverted people's perception of both reality and aesthetics.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
So a pretty interesting new(ish) study actually links the screwtail phenotype in bulldogs to a genetic mutation that is analogous to Robinow syndrome in humans.

Robinow is a very rare congenital disease characterized by " skeletal abnormalities including shortening of the long bones in the arms and legs, particularly the forearms; abnormally short fingers and toes (brachydactyly); wedge-shaped spinal bones (hemivertebrae) leading to an abnormal curvature of the spine (kyphoscoliosis); fused or missing ribs; and short stature.
View attachment 2791535
Jesus fuck Jesus Christ when you said "screwtail" I instantly thought of the Basenji:
download (2).jpeg
Which is in fact a generally healthy and intelligent breed. I didn't imagine that they were breeding some cousin of Marfan's into the bloodline to get something similar but so much worse.
I will never understand the collection/tie photos. Fucking nasty.
I can answer that one: I had a friend who bred dogs (not froglins, at least not back then. Last I checked he was working on a doberman/rottweiler mix for home defense.) But he posted tie pictures for prospective buyers essentially as a quick proof of pedigree.