Animal Crossing General -

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
Do any Kiwis around here play Animal Crossing? Because I do, and it'd be fun to play with/talk about towns with people that are A: adults and B: won't get :autism: when I talk about the save editor or when someone puts asterisks in a sw**r word!!1!

((Animal Crossing forums are often painfully child friendly, like not even PG-13 we're talking U rated Club Penguin tier child friendly, it is an age 3+ game after all. However, it's starting to get on my nerves.))

But yeah, feel free to talk about any of the games in the series, even that app that's coming out this year? I think? Because I'm fucking hyped for that so much.

HNI_0084.JPG

Last edited:

Lackadaisy

kiwifarms.net
I love me some cutesy animal villagers, but the fandom is incredibly toxic outside of the kiddie forums.

I named my first village "Buttland" and I really wish that the game had a rename town option.
I named my first village on the GC "Poopville" so I feel you.

scorptatious

Bark Mage
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Loved the original so much I secretly kept my rental WELL past the due date to keep playing the game. Needless to say, my old man wasn't happy about it.

The DS game I probably spent a good two years or so playing. Many villagers came and went over the time I spent there. And I would get a little sad every time one of them moved away. I had the belief that if I gave them a letter asking them not to move, they wouldn't go away. (It seemed to work, but I'm pretty sure the AI wasn't nearly that advanced)

The only one of the villagers that was originally there who stayed was Walker.

That dude was my bro. Sure, he was a bit thick at times, and he had absolutely no sense of feng shui (or any sense of organizing your furniture) but man, when everyone else left, he stood by me. And after I left the game for a few years and came back, I found that he was STILL there, wondering where I was.

It's probably been at least a decade since I last played. And I still wonder if he's still living in that dusty old town...

Anyway, I haven't played the newer games, but supposedly, New Leaf is amazing.

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
Loved the original so much I secretly kept my rental WELL past the due date to keep playing the game. Needless to say, my old man wasn't happy about it.

The DS game I probably spent a good two years or so playing. Many villagers came and went over the time I spent there. And I would get a little sad every time one of them moved away. I had the belief that if I gave them a letter asking them not to move, they wouldn't go away. (It seemed to work, but I'm pretty sure the AI wasn't nearly that advanced)

The only one of the villagers that was originally there who stayed was Walker.

That dude was my bro. Sure, he was a bit thick at times, and he had absolutely no sense of feng shui (or any sense of organizing your furniture) but man, when everyone else left, he stood by me. And after I left the game for a few years and came back, I found that he was STILL there, wondering where I was.

It's probably been at least a decade since I last played. And I still wonder if he's still living in that dusty old town...

Anyway, I haven't played the newer games, but supposedly, New Leaf is amazing.
New Leaf is amazing, there's way more to do than in the previous games. I wanna start collecting the amiibo stuff for it soon, right now I only have that lil amiibo card set with the Sanrio villagers.

My town is barren as fuck at the moment since when I edited my map to put cliffs on both sides and 2 rivers in I had to get rid of a lot of trees/flowers that ended up in weird places. I have a hybrid garden and some island fruit to plant now though, so it's slowly coming together. I recently traded a villager on one of the forums for Klaus, the Julius Caesar-esque bear villager, and I'm so happy since he's one of my dreamies.

Captain Toad

Captain of the Toad Brigade
kiwifarms.net
I love the Animal Crossing games, I've played almost all of them. New Leaf is definitely the best, though.

My favorite villager was always this cat.
mitzi.png
Every time she moved to my village, I would make the hardest effort to make sure she never left. I feel bad for my other, very neglected villagers.

• Winner
Reactions: Lucky Wildcard

Morose_Obesity

Let white people enjoy things
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll give the mobile version a go but currently don't have a nintendo console.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I've been playing Animal Crossing for years. My original favorite villager was Bangle and I was so sad she moved away when I made a second file (that I've never done anything with) so I could upgrade to the final Nook store. After that my new BFF became a permavillager that showed up a while before. It was, of course, Rosie.

Rosie actually showed up in my towns in Wild World and City Folk (in City Folk she was not only one of my starting villagers, but lived in the house right next to the one I selected for myself), but I was disappointed Bangle had been removed from the series. Yeah yeah, same personality and all that, but it just wasn't the same, dammit.

And then I got a 3DS and New Leaf. I rode into town wondering how long it'd be before Rosie moved in, and my jaw hit the floor when Bangle was at the train station instead (as a bonus, Stinky who also was a permavillager in my first town was waiting there, too).

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
Another one of my fave villagers is Dobie, because he is a tortured soul who really needs a hug.

He even plays K.K. Lament in his house. :feels:
I haven't got him in my town yet, but I hope I can get him soon.

I do like how it's piss easy to make money in New Leaf, since half the fun is the customization and to do that you have to buy stuff. I played Wild World as a kid and I was broke as fuck all the time in that game, it was really frustrating. Although it makes it all the more awesome when people manage to make Wild World towns look super pretty.

Also if anyone here has never read these let's plays then you really should. They're so great.
http://www.listentothisshow.com/blog/2014/5/15/hitlers-animal-crossing-new-leaf-adventure
https://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update 1/

Jackass RN

Schmuck in Scrubs
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I want to get a 3DS just for this.

But that costs money and I'm spending my shekels on PC hardware instead.

Gotta get my fix on GC instead, I guess.

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
I want to get a 3DS just for this.

But that costs money and I'm spending my shekels on PC hardware instead.

Gotta get my fix on GC instead, I guess.
If you don't care about the 3D you could always get a 2DS instead, I'm pretty sure they sell them for like $60.

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
It's probably been a 100+months since I last played my town. I'm scared.
Did you have the beautiful town ordinance? Because if you did then it'll probably pretty much just look the same bar a few weeds, whereas if you didn't it'll have probably turned into a Mad Max-style dystopia with all the villagers fighting over the last functional axe in the town.

Reactions: Lackadaisy

Sergeant Politeness

Pitiful, laughable, once again silent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've only had New Leaf for a year and a half and I still took a few months off, and I don't know how people who have been playing since launch are still doing it. Since I reckon the complaining is probably a bit misplaced in a fan thread, I'll spoiler it:
I'm probably expecting way too much from AC, but I couldn't stand how broken the 200+ different villager facade becomes after you realize every villager with the same personality is the exact same. The moment you pay off your house loan is the moment you stop caring, or at least, the moment I stopped caring. Everything is way too nice in New Leaf, too. Assholes are the spice of life (just look at this forum) and AC is almost completely devoid of them. At least in the Gamecube one, I could say Olive was bipolar, because she'd always yell at me and go right back to being syrupy sweet after.

I definitely enjoyed it for most of that year, though. While it lasts, it's fun, and it's got tons of character. The writing in the Gamecube one is especially great. Mathilda and Biskit are my favorite starting villagers, albeit from different towns.

dunbrine47

Rumpy Fish's Brother: Grumpy
kiwifarms.net
Did you have the beautiful town ordinance? Because if you did then it'll probably pretty much just look the same bar a few weeds, whereas if you didn't it'll have probably turned into a Mad Max-style dystopia with all the villagers fighting over the last functional axe in the town.
It was on gamecube so latter.

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
I've only had New Leaf for a year and a half and I still took a few months off, and I don't know how people who have been playing since launch are still doing it. Since I reckon the complaining is probably a bit misplaced in a fan thread, I'll spoiler it:
I'm probably expecting way too much from AC, but I couldn't stand how broken the 200+ different villager facade becomes after you realize every villager with the same personality is the exact same. The moment you pay off your house loan is the moment you stop caring, or at least, the moment I stopped caring. Everything is way too nice in New Leaf, too. Assholes are the spice of life (just look at this forum) and AC is almost completely devoid of them. At least in the Gamecube one, I could say Olive was bipolar, because she'd always yell at me and go right back to being syrupy sweet after.

I definitely enjoyed it for most of that year, though. While it lasts, it's fun, and it's got tons of character. The writing in the Gamecube one is especially great. Mathilda and Biskit are my favorite starting villagers, albeit from different towns.
I think the people who have played it since launch really care about the landscaping and making a pretty dream town for others to walk around in; a lot of people who like the game hate the repetitiveness of the villager dialogue too. I don't think regular players care too much about the villagers themselves as actual "personalities" but more for aesthetic reasons, hence why the Tier 1 popularity villagers on forums are all the ~*kawaii*~ ones like Merengue and Beau.

• Agree
Reactions: Lackadaisy

Sergeant Politeness

Pitiful, laughable, once again silent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the people who have played it since launch really care about the landscaping and making a pretty dream town for others to walk around in; a lot of people who like the game hate the repetitiveness of the villager dialogue too. I don't think regular players care too much about the villagers themselves as actual "personalities" but more for aesthetic reasons, hence why the Tier 1 popularity villagers on forums are all the ~*kawaii*~ ones like Merengue and Beau.
Makes sense. Nintendo has successfully recreated the long-lost art of trying to have the best lawn in the neighborhood. I also have a bit of a warped sense of cute, so the Tier 1 villagers by and large do nothing for me.

I really did enjoy New Leaf before I hit that wall, but I can't come up with much to say about it that isn't obvious, a complaint, "I wish it was more like this", or "I wish they did this instead". I don't wanna sound like a massive faggot and say I want more substance...but I want more substance.

I will say that the NES games in the Gamecube one were the best part of the game, hands down. I played the shit out of Balloon Fight.

• Agree
Reactions: Vocaloid Ruby

BubbleButt

The Reincarnation of Henry Darger
kiwifarms.net
I stopped playing New Leaf when Derwin left my town after close to four years.

I'm really excited for the new one and hopefully it's closer to City Folk or Wild World than New Leaf.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino