Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

Celestial Being

kiwifarms.net
Really enjoying the game. I have unlocked the terraformer and put my museum on its own pyramid esque hill. The paths are also great because the villagers actually prefer to walk on them instead of the grass so I now have half of my island pathed out. Happy I time traveled to unlock it as I still have a ton to do each day.

2020032309563800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2020032309562400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2020032309571400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Last edited:

Remove Goat

Wendy_Carter's #1 fan and eventual rapist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any of you peeps have one of those Amiibo spoofers? They're great, I've got a full set of old New Leaf cards and I was messing around with Harv's photo place and got some neat posters of my favs. Can't wait until I'm able to invite them.

If you can find one of those Datel powersave portals, or you have a phone with a NFC function, I'm fairly certain they work with any ntag215 card or sticker.

emo goff

local bridge cybergoth
kiwifarms.net
Is anyone else kinda disappointed by the hourly music? The previous titles had really memorable tunes with great mood, I can recall Wild World's 7pm clearly even now. Most of the New Horizons tunes just seem bland and corporate jingle-y in comparison. The first time I heard New Leaf's main theme I was blown away. This one just doesn't compare. Maybe it's just my nostalgia goggles (:_( Hopefully it'll grow on me.

TheImportantFart

Farty Towels
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Caught myself an Oarfish at long last. Unfortunately my rotten luck with bugs continues. I missed a tarantula (got bitten) and I haven't seen another since.

• Feels
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Caught myself an Oarfish at long last. Unfortunately my rotten luck with bugs continues. I missed a tarantula (got bitten) and I haven't seen another since.
It's okay, I went ice cold as predicted yesterday. Struggled to find even moderately rare fish like red snappers and barred knifejaws, it's been awful as far as making money goes. The best thing yesterday was finding out Rosie will be moving in tomorrow.

Foxxo

OH LAWD HE COMING
kiwifarms.net
The island looks too small, and the broken-3DS-hinge north shore on each island isn't helping.

I miss City Folk, that game's big town area (and my lack of a 3DS or Switch) has given me nostalgia goggles that are thicker than my skull.

• Feels
Reactions: emo goff and HeyYou

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The island looks too small, and the broken-3DS-hinge north shore on each island isn't helping.

I miss City Folk, that game's big town area (and my lack of a 3DS or Switch) has given me nostalgia goggles that are thicker than my skull.
I agree. I really wanted a full "city" game where you can own an apartment and such. This series has always been fun for me because it's chill and you can dip in and out. It feels like the town will continue doing its thing, whether you're in it or not. Having to build up the entire town makes things way too dependent on you.

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
Very happy with how this game has turned out. I just hope I can get as much mileage out of this as I did New Leaf. I'm crossing my fingers for new content being added via updates or some kind of expansion. Need Rover, Brewster, Copper and Booker back.

*Edit* Oh and seeing someone else got the ball rolling my friend code is SW-1292-6834-4902.

Reactions: Sundae

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played Animal Crossing since the DS days but I decided to pick it up out of boredom (thank you stay-at-home order). It's kind of similar to how I remember it but it's MUCH more calming than I remember it being,
Go out a lot after 7 or 8 pm, they usually are roaming from then. I have encountered like 6 per night from the release.
You can also create a pseudo-tarantula island (Yes, there's a real one and it can only be reached with a Nook Miles Ticket) by traveling to a Nook Miles island after 7 pm, strip it bare (chop down every tree, break every rock, pick every flower, pull up every weed, etc.), and scaring off the non-tarantula bugs like tiger beetles and wharf roaches.

Tags
None