Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
No time travelling does pace the game better, but I as well also fear how fast it runs out of content. It's fine having everything on your own tiny island, but not having a metropolis to visit or just another non-player made area for stores or events or whatever kind of blows. Fast forward a year and what, you're still running around hitting rocks with no endgame?

I know it's sandbox: the game, but it really doesn't seem as enormous a game as previous titles were made out to, considering I've never played them. Not time travelling does fit in with my schedule but also makes the game seem moderately empty. It already feels like a daily mobile app login, which is a bit disappointing. People say it's a great quarantine game, but you literally get nothing out of it after the one hour mark every day, if not just grinding 1x 100 miles.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Celestial Being

kiwifarms.net
Rocks are my biggest obstacle at the moment, and I really hope they get "rebalanced" in the future. At the moment I am collecting stones for my Stone Hedge recipe and I need 90 per "hedge". I have about 5 rocks left on my island because I stupidly removed some to make room for my town and now I am almost wholly reliant on the Nook tickets. I really hope we can in the future transfer rocks from the islands to your town, like we can with trees.

Also I know some people are grumbling about iron for the shop. Iron seems to become almost a non issue later as it is more common than stone to me at the moment.

Agent Nahman Jayden

Agent Anonymous
kiwifarms.net
Overall, I'm enjoying it so far (I admit I reset it once when I saw a horrifying pink gorilla as one of my villagers) and the biggest thing that bugs me is that the store isn't open 24/7 anymore and I'm an overnight worker whose primary time of activity is between 10pm and 8am, right when the store closes. The sell box outside is a pain too - I know 80 percent back isn't bad per se but that combined with "well you'll get your money tomorrow" is just, I dunno, inconvenient to me.

It's a nitpick, though. It's fun to pick up, mess around for a bit, then put it down while I do something else.

Reactions: MsStevieMarie

cryptidfuck

Convincing the world that aliens exist
kiwifarms.net
Best museum in the game bar fucking none. Mainly for the aquarium, actually want to work my way to completion for it since it's so cool.

My villagers are eh. I'm probably going to mash the shit with my bug net the moment I get full and don't want some of them here.
I'm actually trying not to go into my museum exhibits until each section is finished. It makes all my hard work look more rewarding lol

Is there a way to get villagers off your island easier? Hitting them with a net isn't doing much in the long run.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually trying not to go into my museum exhibits until each section is finished. It makes all my hard work look more rewarding lol

Is there a way to get villagers off your island easier? Hitting them with a net isn't doing much in the long run.
Hitting them with a net doesn't do anything if NH is like other games.

It takes a while, but slingshots do break. What I'm wondering though is if wetsuit diving is gone. That was my favorite.

cryptidfuck

Convincing the world that aliens exist
kiwifarms.net

It takes a while, but slingshots do break. What I'm wondering though is if wetsuit diving is gone. That was my favorite.
I don't think Kapp'n is in this game, and the way you got the wet suit in NL was through his little shop so i'm not sure. I don't think it is because every source I've looked at says we can't swim/dive.

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
Pro tip: if you eat a bunch of fruit and don’t want to accidentally break the rocks on your island, you can deplete your stomach by taking a shit on a toilet with your pants on.
View attachment 1200677
GOTY.

I don't think Kapp'n is in this game, and the way you got the wet suit in NL was through his little shop so i'm not sure. I don't think it is because every source I've looked at says we can't swim/dive.
There is a pier on the other side of my island. I wonder if that will have a use later on.

Kind of seems a bummer some stuff has been removed from this game but from what I can see either it's still there but incorporated into other aspects of the game (DIY for example) or it wasn't super necessary.

Last edited:

Overcooked Raccoon

Mildly interesting.
kiwifarms.net

What do you normally do to get them out of this one? I played New Leaf at launch but didn't really do much in it and never had an experience wanting one gone.

Is it like mainly putting them in pitfall traps?

Celestial Being

kiwifarms.net
What do you normally do to get them out of this one? I played New Leaf at launch but didn't really do much in it and never had an experience wanting one gone.

Is it like mainly putting them in pitfall traps?
So you have the option to talk to Isabelle later and complain about residents. I have done it two days in a row against the pink gorilla and nothing has happened so I have no clue.

Edit: Looks like complaining works but it takes time, this website said it took 3 straight days. I will time travel to test this out and see it it works.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net

So you have the option to talk to Isabelle later and complain about residents. I have done it two days in a row against the pink gorilla and nothing has happened so I have no clue.

Edit: Looks like complaining works but it takes time, this website said it took 3 straight days. I will time travel to test this out and see it it works.
IIRC that's in case you get a resident from a friend or someone online that has an inappropriate catchphrase, greeting or something.

Celestial Being

kiwifarms.net
Went 3 days ahead and complained about the gorilla each time, did nothing. I also beat her a few times each day so hopefully she will leave on her own. I dont have anything against this village in particular but I hate their outfit and I dislike the monkey NPCs in general.

Tags
None