Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

Celestial Being

kiwifarms.net
Yes, iron is an uncommon drop so you'll usually get 1 per rock at the very least. You get 9 drops a rock if you hit it with your shovel fast enough.

emo goff

local bridge cybergoth
kiwifarms.net
The troon smirk Nintendo added to the game destroyed it to me.

I absolutely despise the Nintendo fandom.

Fuck this game, New Leaf is one million times better.
Which one do you mean? The one that looks like 3? I think that's more just the japanese influence.
There's the aspect of no gender restriction on clothes and no more Rover's "Are you a cool boy or cute girl", if you want to argue that it's catering to genderspecial folk.

Jean Lafitte 1812

kiwifarms.net
Been playing since midnight Friday and am enjoying the game so far. Was afraid that with the crafting stuff it wouldn't feel like Animal Crossing, but they managed to make it feel familiar yet new. Feels like it has more direction than previous games, but that could just be the new player stuff early on.

Biggest complaint so far is the wood distribution. I have 3 stacks each of soft and hardwood with nothing to use it on but I have to farm more regular wood every time my ax breaks. Tools specifically should have been able to use any wood. When the biggest complaint is

Celestial Being

kiwifarms.net
Been playing since midnight Friday and am enjoying the game so far. Was afraid that with the crafting stuff it wouldn't feel like Animal Crossing, but they managed to make it feel familiar yet new. Feels like it has more direction than previous games, but that could just be the new player stuff early on.

Biggest complaint so far is the wood distribution. I have 3 stacks each of soft and hardwood with nothing to use it on but I have to farm more regular wood every time my ax breaks. Tools specifically should have been able to use any wood. When the biggest complaint is
You get the ability to buy (around 2500 crowns) some pretty decent tools post credits. So far I have unlocked 4 tiers of tools, and they last a long time for the cost.

• Informative
Reactions: MsStevieMarie

nets_awesome

Blocked from who? Everyone.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So why are people apparently so pissed that NH only allows you to have one island? You could only have one town in every single game, why would NH be any different?
It’s one per game, per console. So even if you have two game cards and/or multiple profiles on the switch you can only have one island.

• Informative
Reactions: Cosmos and Jamila

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
no more Rover's "Are you a cool boy or cute girl"
In the first game it was part of the determination of which face you'll get, because when Rover guesses that you're a boy/girl you can tell him he's wrong. And it does count to the overall quiz results. It may be the same in the other three games, but I don't remember off the top of my head. Now it's just like HHD, where they skip that quiz and you just design your own appearance.

but I hate their outfit
If NH is like past games, if another villager gives them new clothes they'll wear them. If you design something and sell it from the Able Sister's shop they'll buy and wear your designs, too.

Reactions: MsStevieMarie

Jamila

hopefully tomorrow is a day 🤞🤞🤞
kiwifarms.net
It’s one per game, per console. So even if you have two game cards and/or multiple profiles on the switch you can only have one island.
Ahhh, thanks, I didn't get that at all.

The little details are really getting to me. Started up today with Axel absolutely hauling ass to tell me about our new villager, with a speech bubble above his head calling out to me. Went over to Deirdre's house and she's hammering away at her workbench and she shares a recipe with me. Everything is just so damn cute.

I really hope the animals hold up in this one. My biggest issue with New Leaf was that the villagers were so repetitive and dumbed-down that it felt like there was no point in interacting with them after a few weeks, because they'd all say the exact same shit over and over again (by the way did you know you can hold L + R to take a picture). I'm being a little :optimistic: here only a few days in but damn it the Gamecube game and Wild World were over a decade ago and their villagers were still entertaining after the initial excitement died down. Years after I stopped playing the GC version I'd hook up my old Gamecube once in a while just to chat.

All right Axel just stopped to sniff the flowers I planted around the plaza, I can't take it.

moonman1488

幸运能源 (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ amazing horse ♥
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FC: 1198-3585-0216

I have peaches. If I get enough people I'll open my gates whenever I play. Is there a good Discord or something around for coordinating island visits? Nintendo is of course retarded when it comes to online stuff and there's no way of actually communicating with your friends on the Switch. The Reddit for Animal Crossing is absolutely horrible and populated with single 39 year old cat ladies, which may or may not be most of the people who play this game, but whatever.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Okay so it's been several days in for my first AC game. Going start with the negatives and then positives.

Things take a LONG time to get going. I get that that's kind of the point but it's like, things could move along just a tad faster. Yeah I could just time travel but I'd rather not "cheapen" my first experience with the series if I can help it. Also what fucking pinhead thought it was a good idea not only close the shop for the night, but decrease the selling price of items if you put them in the overnight drop box? What makes it even worse is that this limitation doesn't happen until you build the store, so the game effectively punishes you for making progress.

And it's already been brought up, but from what I can tell it sure feels like a lot of content was held back for future updates. No gyroids (though they're in the code if the implication wasn't obvious yet), several major NPCs are absent, limited fruit tree variety, apparently a good chunk of clothing is missing, no diving despite the random dock, and just how overall barren things kind of feel. Seems to happen to a lot of Nintendo games lately where they're releasing incomplete products and then "finishing them" over the course of a year or so. Not really liking this new "business model" of theirs.

Ranting aside, this game is addicting as hell. Had a feeling I'd like it since I'm no stranger to life simulation games but even then it's so fun and relaxing building shit and talking to the townsfolk (Ava, my third villager who just moved in, is easily my favorite, such a sweetie). And the museum, holy shit. Best part of the game, already spent a while just in the fish sections alone admiring my collection. Only wish you could have that level of customization with animals you have at home since I already have a "personal" collection that I plan to have an entire room just for them.

It's also just, overall nice to have something to look forward to every day. What islands am I going to find? What projects can I get done? What new bugs and fish will I catch? That pleasant sense of progression that keeps you coming back for more. Definitely glad I got this game, consider me a new fan of the series.

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
I had no idea on this but I am fairly ignorant to a lot of tranny culture, I thought it was a Japanese anime cat face thing. My character has it now actually.
I'm trans and I had no idea either. I suppose I strive to make sure my gender/sexuality isn't my entire personality.

Which one do you mean? The one that looks like 3? I think that's more just the japanese influence.
There's the aspect of no gender restriction on clothes and no more Rover's "Are you a cool boy or cute girl", if you want to argue that it's catering to genderspecial folk.
Yeah, the only difference between this game and the previous one is they were made to change choosing gender to choosing style to shut the LGBT community up. SJWs go on about colonization but won't play a game unless it's changed to suit them. You makes you thunk.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
So I am onto the latter tiers of the house expansions and yeah, I am still baffled by the changes made. None of the rooms (bar the front room) can be expanded in size. I refuse to believe that they'd focus so much on customisation and strip the home aspect down this much. Then it hit me. This is going to be some sort of bullshit update or expansion!

Context for new players to the series: The "Happy Home Academy" started off as a way of rating how well you laid out homes. You got some generic rewards, encouraged players to complete series sets for display. Match colours/themes etc. Yet in the latter games, it became this sort of housing agent type experience in which you craft the perfect homes and it's the foundation to a lot of the current customisation tech in New Horizons and Pocket Camp.

However the NPC's associated with that group aren't in game. Yet.

I have a horrible feeling that they'll use the Home Academy as a means of a Season-pass.

• Agree
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
But I was talking exactly about the :3 (aka the troon smirk) face.

Every troon on reddit and twitter is using it.
Are you 15? Not only has that face been the "im cute uwu" version of xD for decades, it's also majorly used by subcultures like furries and any other 'flirting & OCs' kind of grouping. I've not once seen any obnoxious tranny use that shit let alone on social media. You're really stretching or incredibly inexperienced in internet culture if that's your go-to association.
I had no idea on this but I am fairly ignorant to a lot of tranny culture, I thought it was a Japanese anime cat face thing. My character has it now actually.
It's a kawaii thing and always has been. It emotes the facial structure of house pets, ie. the split lip of a cat. It has been used before the word troon even existed. That said, it's also the only good mouth in the game.

Tags
None