Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
So last time Redd showed up his only legit piece was a repeat from his second to last visit. And today Sprocket mailed me a legit statue that I also already got a long time ago. I have roughly a third of the collection and I've already gotten repeats twice in a row, what the hell game.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Celeste has graced her presence on my island once again.

My gate is open. Gate now closed. A big thanks to the couple of people who visited and/or watered my flowers! Hope you guys got a cool recipe from Celeste tonight!

Last edited:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
You guys have great style, your island is beautiful. Your Spider-Man room came out pretty rad, and your husband's Italian restaurant is really nice. The pirate bar and Cafe 80's are both cool too. Keep up the great work!

• Feels
Reactions: StarkRavingMad

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
It took me until yesterday to figure out how bush blooms work. Was constantly confused how only one type was blooming all summer until my hibiscus just started to put out flowers and I looked it up to find that each species has a specific set of weeks where they bloom.

Not really a fan of the system tbh. I know it's an attempt at realism but why do that now when trees produce fully formed fruit every few days and regular flowers bloom 24/7 year-round? As it is, it means most of my landscaping is covered with green blobs of leaves except for the random patches that have flowers for a random clump of weeks.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
It took me until yesterday to figure out how bush blooms work. Was constantly confused how only one type was blooming all summer until my hibiscus just started to put out flowers and I looked it up to find that each species has a specific set of weeks where they bloom.

Not really a fan of the system tbh. I know it's an attempt at realism but why do that now when trees produce fully formed fruit every few days and regular flowers bloom 24/7 year-round? As it is, it means most of my landscaping is covered with green blobs of leaves except for the random patches that have flowers for a random clump of weeks.
I've pretty much quit with the bushes right now because of this. Once I "finalize" the look of my island, I'll just rotate the bushes when they're in bloom. For now though? Forget about it. I don't feel like figuring it out.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
After a bunch of island searching and monitoring the villager Discord markets, I got Keaton from the latter. With him moving in tomorrow I now have all personalities. Only thing left to do is get a "bird" bird villager to have all bird species.

Also apparently cicadas have different text if you catch them when it's raining.

Cabbages

We The People
kiwifarms.net
Redd is here. Real Sinking and Twinkling Paintings (which I bought...unsure if visiting players can purchase), Real Glowing Painting, Fake Beautiful Statue.

Shops are open. My island is crappy, don't judge! Feel free to dive, fish, etc. Help yourself to DIYs and wallpaper or flooring on beach to left of airport.

Gates open. Dodo code 3N0HF

Edit: Celeste is also here.

Edit: Gates closed. Art sold, shops closed. DM to visit for Celeste.

Also, throw me some puzzle pieces, but I sincerely appreciate that it's kiwi farmers I can invite to my island, with no strings attached, and vice versa. Reddit (and other places) be like "I'M ONLY ACCEPTING 5 GUESTS AT A TIME...WAIT YOUR TURN, WATER MY FLOWERS, LEAVE $1 BILLION BELLS OR NMT AT AIRPORT...IF I SEE A WET SUIT THE SESSION WILL BE ENDED IMMEDIATELY...ONLY VISITING 5 STAR ISLANDS." I didn't even know fencing off your island was a thing until the diving update introduced a "work-around." Thanks, farmers, for not being totally fucking autistic.

Last edited:

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Redd is here. Real Sinking and Twinkling Paintings (which I bought...unsure if visiting players can purchase), Real Glowing Painting, Fake Beautiful Statue.

Shops are open. My island is crappy, don't judge! Feel free to dive, fish, etc. Help yourself to DIYs and wallpaper or flooring on beach to left of airport.

Gates open. Dodo code 3N0HF

Edit: Celeste is also here.

Edit: Gates closed. Art sold, shops closed. DM to visit for Celeste.

Also, throw me some puzzle pieces, but I sincerely appreciate that it's kiwi farmers I can invite to my island, with no strings attached, and vice versa. Reddit (and other places) be like "I'M ONLY ACCEPTING 5 GUESTS AT A TIME...WAIT YOUR TURN, WATER MY FLOWERS, LEAVE $1 BILLION BELLS OR NMT AT AIRPORT...IF I SEE A WET SUIT THE SESSION WILL BE ENDED IMMEDIATELY...ONLY VISITING 5 STAR ISLANDS." I didn't even know fencing off your island was a thing until the diving update introduced a "work-around." Thanks, farmers, for not being totally fucking autistic.
I've done a few transactions from Nookazon (which, for the most part, has been totally worth it because I finally have some items I've been waiting to show up in my island's Nook Shop for far too long), but it's downright weird how people have their islands gated off and such. Lots of people have been cool and nice, but I've definitely come across some of the weirdos.

Like, if you actually pay attention as to what is on your island, then visitors literally can't take anything (except for maybe the buds on flowers or the fruits on trees ... But those grow back, so no biggie).

At the end of the day, it's all digital/fake items. lol. I figured that if I ever got "scammed" on Nookazon, then all I'm losing are some digital items or digital "money."

The Kiwis have been awesome, super nice, and super chill. Thanks, guys. :feels: Thanks for remembering that the game is supposed to be fun!

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
So youtube's algorithm suddenly pushed this on me and I'm still watching this as I'm posting this but I found it interesting to see the progression of friendship systems across the series. I was pretty young when I played the Gamecube and DS entries so I never really noticed that there's more depth to the villagers in those games than you'd think.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I honestly can't even imagine fencing off my island. I want people to walk around and check things out. If people want to hang out and catch bugs/fish or go swimming, even better. If people pick my flowers, so fucking what? It's not like every other former game where they're gone forever, they'll be back in two days. If people buy shit in the stores, so fucking what? If it's still in the shop that means I didn't want it anyways.

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
You don't understanding fencing off your island because you are not jewish enough.
It's a privilege if they even see my villagers, much less even my own house.

On a sidenote, I still can't believe tickets destroyed the "economy." And that was before I could even play the game.

Cabbages

We The People
kiwifarms.net
Sheldon, squirrel jock, in boxes. I don't even hate him but Roald is my ride or die jock.

Edit: I've gifted him several lacey tanks.
Also, getting ready to go villager hunting. Who do you enjoy that's not a mainstream "dreamie"?

Last edited:

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I've been doing a good amount of online trading business myself lately (normally don't care for tickets, but I've turned my attention to getting my art collection buffed up since it's such slow going and it's rare to find cheap offers). Ironically despite not fencing anything off nobody actually explores my island. Probably a mutual understanding that you come, do the transaction and leave I guess, but it's a shame considering how much work I've put into things that most visitors won't even see beyond the area of land visible from the landing sequence.

Also as an aside, I swear the game has been lagging progressively worse every fishing/bug tournament. Today it became a slideshow almost constantly. I know why that happens in the first place (villagers outdoors are fully loaded in at all times, and during tournaments only one or two are inside) but I can't help but feel like the framedrops have been increasing.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sheldon, squirrel jock, in boxes. I don't even hate him but Roald is my ride or die jock.

Edit: I've gifted him several lacey tanks.
Also, getting ready to go villager hunting. Who do you enjoy that's not a mainstream "dreamie"?
Clay is a lazy hamster dressed like a Mexican wrestler and he’s pretty fun. Same with Octavian, a cranky octopus who kinda looks like one of those little hot dog octopus you see Japanese people put in bentos.

Tags
None