Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

Billfreely

No class
kiwifarms.net
I wish you could just pick up the damn rocks and move them like you can with the trees, instead of having to destroy them and hoping they go where you want. I've got a rock that would be perfect literally one tile from where it is, but if I destroy it, it'll probably just get in my way somewhere else.
There is a time consuming and autistic way to move rocks exactly where you want them, but i feel no one should have to put in the amount of effort needed to do so.

Basically, you put down design mannequins with two spaces in between them to prevent rocks from growing where you don't want them to. Rocks need eight free spaces around them to spawn, so the idea is to keep them from growing in unwanted spaces by putting down mannequins every 2 horizontal and vertical spaces. Like I said, needlessly complicated and time consuming.

ACNH desperately needs some quality of life updates going forward. Moving rocks, being able to looks up while moving, being able to craft multiples of the same item, etc. I haven't really played in a few weeks, just when there's a new tourney. I'll probably start playing again when the August update comes out, but still only when events happen. If we manage to get quality of life upgrades, maybe I'll start playing more, but right now I'm a little off put by the slow trickle of content and improvements.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I was honestly lucky by the time I decided to get my rocks all in a specific place. Most of my island was already developed so all I had to do was temporarily block up a few spaces and time travel a few days until, one by one, they spawned in the area I set aside.

Reactions: Billfreely

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Also, getting ready to go villager hunting. Who do you enjoy that's not a mainstream "dreamie"?
My 2 favorite villagers I currently have in my town are Zucker:
$_35 ac zucker.jpeg

And Anabelle:
Anabelle_NewHorizons.png

I like both their designs and their personalities (Zucker is lazy and Anabelle is peppy). I didn't care for Anabelle at first, but she quickly grew on me, and Zucker has that weirdness factor that I like.

As for villagers I don't have, Cube and Ankha are my 2 most wanted, with Drago, Hans, and Savannah also being high on my list.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Sheldon, squirrel jock, in boxes. I don't even hate him but Roald is my ride or die jock.

Edit: I've gifted him several lacey tanks.
Also, getting ready to go villager hunting. Who do you enjoy that's not a mainstream "dreamie"?
Few days late in seeing this post, but here are what I consider to be really underrated villagers:

-Ken
-Blanche
-Felicity
-Daisy
-Bea
-Ellie
-Julia
-Lyman
-Shep
-Tucker
-Savannah

Ken is seriously the most underrated, IMO. His design and color scheme are so cool. I don't know why so many people overlook him.

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Nintendo just released a trailer for the second summer update:

What's being added:

-Fireworks and firework shows every Sunday in August, including custom design fireworks
-A variation of the Dream Suite where you can visit different dream islands online
-An island back-up restoration service

The update will be available July 30.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nintendo just released a trailer for the second summer update:

What's being added:

-Fireworks and firework shows every Sunday in August, including custom design fireworks
-A variation of the Dream Suite where you can visit different dream islands online
-An island back-up restoration service

The update will be available July 30.
Looks like some fun stuff.

Reactions: Sundae

HIVidaBoheme

Luncheon meat connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Angus is my absolute favourite villager. I'm not particularly fond of the any of the "dreamies" (though Zucker is cute) and I REALLY don't understand the fuss about Judy. Her design is pretty ugly imo.
It's just "OMFG I luv her space aesthetics!"

I'd personally like her more if she was any other species but a cub or a bear.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Angus is my absolute favourite villager. I'm not particularly fond of the any of the "dreamies" (though Zucker is cute) and I REALLY don't understand the fuss about Judy. Her design is pretty ugly imo.
At first I didn't get the hype with Judy (I completely gave her a pass when making my "Dreamie List"), and then I found her via Nook Miles Tickets. I took her in because she's so rare and popular and I figured that if I wanted her gone, then someone would definitely love to have her.

She won me over, and I love her now. I think she's adorable. And her house is kinda creepy, and I kind of love it. lol. I totally get why some people don't like her though.

In terms of popular/Tier 1 villagers, Raymond and Marshall look way too hipster-y for my taste, and Sherb looks kinda basic to me. And I can't stand Dom. His character design is obnoxious to me. He's a villager I actually want to bully, send garbage to, and hit with a net.

As for Marina, she is super adorable, but she's never been on my wishlist because I find her house to be pretty basic? So many villagers have the pink "Cute" furniture. I much prefer Zucker and Octavian, personally. Octavian is my favorite Octopus.

And as for Beau, I mean ... He's cute and all, but he's a nobody compared to Erik in my opinion. lol.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

FeatherDuster

"YOU JUDGEMENTAL CUNT"
kiwifarms.net
At first I didn't get the hype with Judy (I completely gave her a pass when making my "Dreamie List"), and then I found her via Nook Miles Tickets. I took her in because she's so rare and popular and I figured that if I wanted her gone, then someone would definitely love to have her.

She won me over, and I love her now. I think she's adorable. And her house is kinda creepy, and I kind of love it. lol. I totally get why some people don't like her though.

In terms of popular/Tier 1 villagers, Raymond and Marshall look way too hipster-y for my taste, and Sherb looks kinda basic to me. And I can't stand Dom. His character design is obnoxious to me. He's a villager I actually want to bully, send garbage to, and hit with a net.

As for Marina, she is super adorable, but she's never been on my wishlist because I find her house to be pretty basic? So many villagers have the pink "Cute" furniture. I much prefer Zucker and Octavian, personally. Octavian is my favorite Octopus.

And as for Beau, I mean ... He's cute and all, but he's a nobody compared to Erik in my opinion. lol.
I actually got Dom and Sherb before I knew they were dreamies and I love them, infact Dom was one of the two starting villagers on my island, and the one of them I still have. I guess the equal reaction there is that I absolutely can't stand Raymond, and I wish the newer fanbase would worship a different villager for once.

Last edited:

w4vy_gr4vy

turn on tune in troon out
kiwifarms.net

I think it's her 80s shoujo sparkly animu eyes... maybe I'd feel differently if she were in my village and I actually interacted with her as a character! Raymond can get fucked as well tbh.

I do actually have Marina, Octavian and Erik in my village and whereas I'm kind of indifferent to Marina I *love* Octavian and Erik. (I have a soft spot for cranky and lazy villagers I guess.) I could part with Marina quite happily I think but I'd be gutted to see Octavian and Erik go :'( I do need to mix up my villagers a bit though because at the moment I have four cranky villagers and two lazy ones but I love them all *sigh*

Reactions: StarkRavingMad

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Several of my villagers spout memes at this point. Aurora says Steam Hams, Flora says YEET (yes in all caps), Octavian says tortellini, Egbert says Snackkers (pun on Poggers/PogChamp) and Cranston says Bikmin.

idk if I should be full of pride or shame. :sighduck:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
So today Tangy decided to go camping on my island. It took a bunch of tries, but after I won her stupid card game the villager she suggested was none other than Freckles!

Leif also showed up for the first time since hibiscuses went into season, which was nice. Except that his secondary shrub has been camellias since his second visit or so and I'm getting really annoyed by it.

Alaska Thundercunt

kiwifarms.net
So today Tangy decided to go camping on my island. It took a bunch of tries, but after I won her stupid card game the villager she suggested was none other than Freckles!

Leif also showed up for the first time since hibiscuses went into season, which was nice. Except that his secondary shrub has been camellias since his second visit or so and I'm getting really annoyed by it.
Spouse and I just bought all the amiibos save for the NH ones, so if anyone would ever like to invite a villager to camp, let us know.

Tags
None