Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

Raging Capybara

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate that they removed the random dream feature from New Leaf. I loved to visit ghost and abandoned towns, now it's basically impossible unless someone decides to create a site where you can share your dream code and create a random functionality.

If Nintendo hates fun, let's "mod" their games.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate that they removed the random dream feature from New Leaf. I loved to visit ghost and abandoned towns, now it's basically impossible unless someone decides to create a site where you can share your dream code and create a random functionality.

If Nintendo hates fun, let's "mod" their games.
They could add the random ghost/abandoned town during the Halloween update.

PinstripeLuns

Oy vey!
kiwifarms.net
I haven't touched the game in two months and it pisses me off how so many people adore it. It's bad, and not just as an Animal Crossing game. So many features from older games are missing and it's crazy to think they're only just adding the Dream Suite and they added diving like, a month ago... Even though the whole premise was living on an island.

For The Internet

Tits and ALL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm so relieved to see people here feel the same way about the game.

All I've heard for months is how amazing AC is, suddenly everyone is playing it and saying how it's the greatest. I didn't have a switch but I've been playing since Wild World (pretty obsessively tbh) and I loved New Leaf, still play it.

I got a switch a week or so ago and it was the first game I bought for myself. I was... underwhelmed.

It feels like a step backwards.
The island was such an amazing thing in NL. It was small and it was always summer so you could go out at 11pm when the good shit starts spawning. You could do a lap around the island, scare the shitty bugs off the trees so hopefully better ones would respawn and do the same with fish so you got sharks. For the 11-3am period where the most profitable shit spawns I could easily make 3-400k a night.
In NH I set it to summer/northern hemisphere even though it's winter here because I know it's the most profitable season. I set up coconut palms for the bugs as soon as I could get them and began doing the rounds. The island is pretty huge so it takes a while to traverse it. Because it's so big you can't force respawns effectively so you just can't milk it for bells the way you could in NL. It didn't feel cheap to me in NL because I mostly spent the money on public works and filling out my catalogue. I can still make a few hundred thousand if I spend a while doing that and/or diving but it's a lot more fucking tedious.

Being the mayor and doing the town works projects was really fun and having a massive shopping district like in City (but better imo) was awesome. I loved having Gracie around and now she's just... not in the game. At all. Yeah, they brought back Labelle/Label but I prefer Gracie. She's doing Gracie's job of 'make me a theme outfit', so why not just have Gracie?

I hate the crafting. Good lord. I was pretty annoyed to find out even gold items break, because of course in the past they were always the ultimate reward for your tism regarding game completion. What even is the point of having a perfect town now? Or getting all the fish/fossils/bugs?

That was a lot of MOTI (or Mad At Nintendo) but jfc I don't understand why this game gets the adoration it does.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
As someone who's first game is NH, I've played it for a very long time (hundreds of hours easily) but I have the sneaking suspicion that it's mostly because it's my first AC game and not so much the quality of the game itself.

The way things stand now, it feels more like a chore to play at this point. I got all the fossils, all the villagers I wanted, house designed to my liking, there's barely any collectibles left to get (mostly art stuff really) and the updates that add shit that should've already been in the base fucking game to begin with are coming out at far too slow a pace. Like, apparently there's vegetable farming or something in a future update according to datamines, but such a feature is downright useless to me because there's nowhere for me to put new stuff, and that issue wouldn't have happened if this game came out in an actual finished state instead of this "release a beta and fill in the rest with updates over a couple years" bullshit.

The crafting can stuff it too. It was fun at first but now it's just an extreme annoyance having to run in the house, gather materials, then spam the A button for an eternity because they still can't be assed to put in a mass craft option. Not to mention the breaking tools. Once again I was fine with it to start but when you're way late in the game and just want to do your rounds for the day having a tool break is really fucking stupid. Really sick of Nintendo's extreme obsession with having everything break lately, knock it off you fucks.

Jamila

hopefully tomorrow is a day 🤞🤞🤞
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty much over the game at this point too and I'm not really sure what they could do to make me want to play daily again. It was pretty convenient for me that I went on furlough right before it came out and then the lockdowns happened so I didn't have much to do other than play it, but now that I'm back to working full time I'd much rather spend my downtime playing something with achievable goals as opposed to the same shit every day. Same fish and bugs with new or rare ones never spawning, same NPCs (Redd's a fucking joke), DIYs and furniture and clothes I already have.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m still enjoying it as something to get on for a couple hours and just relax with. Not saying it couldn’t be done better or anything, just that I’m enjoying what we have. And I still have goals to reach too, like getting all the villagers I want. I haven’t time traveled, so I still have bugs and fish to catch as well

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I'm still very much enjoying the game, and I think it's mostly because life has been so hectic for me this Summer, and it's nice to have some down time with a game that is so chill and cute? If I were playing a more linear and more strategic video game right now, then I probably wouldn't have the energy to finish it. ACNH has been perfect for my needs.

Also, since I don't time travel, I got to experience the fireworks for the first time tonight. Absolutely adorable and delightful. Can't wait for next Sunday.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
It’s winding down for me too. The main reason I’m still playing is to get the villagers I don’t like to move so I can replace them. I’m also still in the process of paying off my loan and getting the last upgrades for my house. Once that’s done I’ll probably just log in occasionally to catch new bugs and fish.

I honestly don’t understand how people can play Animal Crossing for long periods of time considering there’s only so much you can do.

Singe

Hehehe xd
kiwifarms.net
I haven't touched the game in two months and it pisses me off how so many people adore it. It's bad, and not just as an Animal Crossing game. So many features from older games are missing and it's crazy to think they're only just adding the Dream Suite and they added diving like, a month ago... Even though the whole premise was living on an island.
People adore it probably because it's fun.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
So, as a newbie to Animal Crossing (as New Horizons is the only AC game that I have played at this point), I guess I'll point out some of the stuff that I'm not so crazy about from a newbie perspective?

1. DIY-ing isn't the worst thing ever, but I am incredibly over it when it comes to having to remake my tools all of the time. For the past few weeks now, I just buy my tools from the Nook Shop lol

2. The repetitive dialogue is annoying at times. For example, I hate that Flick and C.J. talk your ear off with the same dialogue every single time you start a challenge in the Bug-Offs and the Fishing Tournies. It's also annoying that you can only buy one item at a time whether it be at the Nook Shop, the Able Sisters, or the ATM (when you want multiple Nook Miles Tickets, for example).

3. I love the villagers ... However, people have told me how the older games went. The villagers got really mean with you at times, apparently. I find that awesome and hilarious. It appears that Nintendo toned that down because of kids playing the game, I guess.

So, basically, my biggest issues with the game all deal with its tendency to be very repetitive about some stuff. I still have my OG Nintendo Wii ... I'm super tempted to buy the original Animal Crossing and City Folk once I feel "done" with New Horizons.

For The Internet

Tits and ALL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, as a newbie to Animal Crossing (as New Horizons is the only AC game that I have played at this point), I guess I'll point out some of the stuff that I'm not so crazy about from a newbie perspective?

1. DIY-ing isn't the worst thing ever, but I am incredibly over it when it comes to having to remake my tools all of the time. For the past few weeks now, I just buy my tools from the Nook Shop lol

2. The repetitive dialogue is annoying at times. For example, I hate that Flick and C.J. talk your ear off with the same dialogue every single time you start a challenge in the Bug-Offs and the Fishing Tournies. It's also annoying that you can only buy one item at a time whether it be at the Nook Shop, the Able Sisters, or the ATM (when you want multiple Nook Miles Tickets, for example).

3. I love the villagers ... However, people have told me how the older games went. The villagers got really mean with you at times, apparently. I find that awesome and hilarious. It appears that Nintendo toned that down because of kids playing the game, I guess.

So, basically, my biggest issues with the game all deal with its tendency to be very repetitive about some stuff. I still have my OG Nintendo Wii ... I'm super tempted to buy the original Animal Crossing and City Folk once I feel "done" with New Horizons.
You should absolutely get Wild World and New Leaf too. IMO they're better versions of the AC and City Folk respectively.

TheImportantFart

Henry Assman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You should absolutely get Wild World and New Leaf too. IMO they're better versions of the AC and City Folk respectively.
Wild World was my first Animal Crossing game, and it's still my favourite. I have so many good memories playing it in the summer of '06. My sister played it too and it's the closest she ever got to being a gamer. We used to one up each other in terms of what rare bugs and fish we could catch first. It was the days before we had high speed internet so when you caught something new it was a genuine surprise. Wish I hadn't lost my game cartridge *sigh*

Luigi

kiwifarms.net
How the fuck do you get the giraffe stag to spawn? I’ve seen the horned hercules and golden stag a few times, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the giraffe stag.
Luck.

I don't know if it has to do with the time table of cicadas and other trash but I got better beetle spawns after 7PM.

a nervous creature

OH GOD
kiwifarms.net
How the fuck do you get the giraffe stag to spawn? I’ve seen the horned hercules and golden stag a few times, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the giraffe stag.
What I do is go on a Mystery Island tour at the time they spawn and remove everything but a few of the trees. This reduces the chance of anything else spawning. Run around, scare any bugs that aren't relevant to your interests until it appears. Good luck to you!

Tags
None