Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WAITING FOR MORE 2HUS
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only person so exceptional that I can't catch a fucking tarantula? I must have fainted over 15 times now. What am I doing wrong?
Watch big bitey spider carefully.

If you hold down net button, you hold net up. If bitey spider holds legs up, be still, if puts legs down, walk closer.

Release net button when close enough to net.

nosemouth

kiwifarms.net
So let's wrap things up.

- This game doesn't have 90% of the series NPCs.
- Almost all the furniture series and themes are absent.
- No annual events included in the game at launch.
- Not pub.
- No gyroids.
- No Reed and his rare items and paintings.
- Villagers' houses look exactly the same, there're only 8 variants for the 8 main personalities.
- Slow as fuck progression.
- Bad music.
- Crafting mechanics are worse than Minecraft's. a game released 10 years ago.
- 30 frames per second (the N64 game ran at 60, lol)
- Everything is ugly and all looks the same. Do you have that generic wooden furniture? Good, the rest of the island has this one too.
- DLC and updates galore.

This game is a monumental failure. I can't think of anything it improved over New Leaf.

I paid 60 dollars for this shitty, incomplete game. I absolutely despise Nintendo.
Someone's cranky.

Chin of Campbell

I'm out.
kiwifarms.net
Watch big bitey spider carefully.

If you hold down net button, you hold net up. If bitey spider holds legs up, be still, if puts legs down, walk closer.

Release net button when close enough to net.
Just run up to them and swing like a MAN, you may take a few bites but you won't look like a pussy in front of all the girls with colored hair you're playing online with

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I REALLY wish you could either just buy bait, or at bare minimum craft several of the same items at a time because good-fuckity-lord I'm getting really sick of wasting hours doing nothing but running around digging up clams then mashing A over and over to pulverize them into fish food just to make fishing sprees for the rare catches a little more manageable.

Samoyed

lol im god
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the duplication glitch was removed via a patch today, which is either good or bad depending on what type of player you are in animal crossing. Personally, I think another duplication glitch will be found soon in this game since people are actively looking into other methods right now in v. 1.1.1.

Right now, I am going to make my villagers happy and make my island look better. amen.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't made it very far into the game, but is there an easy money-maker like the island was in New Leaf?

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Am I the only person so exceptional that I can't catch a fucking tarantula? I must have fainted over 15 times now. What am I doing wrong?
First, don't run around at night, and don't keep the net out while you're walking. If you do either of those things they'll behave aggressively and attack before you can get them, sometimes before you even see them.

Step two, is when you see them, take out the net, press and hold A to keep the net ready without swinging it. Then inch your way to the tarantula. When you're in netting distance, release the net and congrats, you will scoop up the tarantula. Be careful not to get too close or the tarantula will run forward and bite you.

Pizza Time

kiwifarms.net
Not really. If you want to play legit, there is tarantula island. With a full inventory, you can sell up to ~250k. It's like the beetle island but it's completely random and rare to get.
Any island that has bugs on it can be turned into a pseudo tarantula island. It has to already have bugs spawning on it, like butterflies and stinkbugs.
Polygon made a few good articles on how to easily catch tarantulas by making hole traps here and how to make your own tarantula island here (both are archives)

Does anyone else think the villagers are slowly losing some personality each game? Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but I don't feel as strong of a connection with many of the villagers. They just seems kinda bland and safe this time around.

AsbestosFlaygon

Never underestimate the power of the force.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else think the villagers are slowly losing some personality each game? Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but I don't feel as strong of a connection with many of the villagers. They just seems kinda bland and safe this time around.
Doesn't feel that way with New Horizons to me, they seem on par with New Leaf to me. With that said I think I know what you're talking about, later Animal Crossing games did make the villagers nicer than in older games, so they aren't as dynamic as they were on say GameCube. I only know so much as a player that came on with New Leaf, but there's someone called jvgsjeff who's made various videos on cut features of old Animal Crossing games which is where I learned that from.

• Informative
Reactions: MsStevieMarie

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
I got started yesterday. How the hell do you outrun wasps or catch them? You have to fuck around more with trees in this game than the last one so it's super annoying to keep worrying about them. It kinda sucks TT'ing is more of a PITA than it was in the previous games. Playing in real time is cool yes, but why the hell do i have to carry 6 fossils around because the museum is taking fucking forever? You can always change the switch time but that fucks up some other shit in different games that use time based rewards..

Reactions: MsStevieMarie

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
How the hell do you outrun wasps or catch them?
First, B let's you run, and you can outrun them so long as you're not cornered in a small strip of land. Two, always shake trees with the net in your hand. When the nest drops, sprint away so the swarm is out of sight. Stop and turn around to face the wasps, but make sure you're not behind a tree so you can see what you're doing. The wasps will be coming in, all you have to do is swing your net when they're close. As long as you don't swing too early or late, you will catch the wasps.

Despite how rare the coelacanth is supposed to be, it wasn’t that hard for me to catch it. Caught two tuna and a blue marlin while looking too.
The stringfish is the real bastard to catch.
I found it much easier to go to an island with a river that also had a upper-cliff area. Four fish will spawn at a time so you can just scare the lower level fish away until one spawns up above. It took a while, but I managed to get one, along with two golden trout, several cherry salmon, and several char. It also works for catching sturgeon, since they also appear in a very specific location in the river.

Last edited:
Tags
None