Animated Atrocities Animated Atrocities #86: "Snow Day" [Rocket Power] -

Anchuent Dictata

Primordial Manajerk
kiwifarms.net
Hm, I can't help but find the thing that sticks out to me being the re-visitation of "It's for kids not being a valid excuse" argument he's so fond of.

Who was it on the cast that retorted that one complaint or another about GA wasn't valid because it was just a kids show?

In any case, I vaguely remember the show, but not this particular episode. I'm just relieved it didn't devolve into a rant against the educational system after he got into his problem with the moral.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Come on, kids... let's say it again: "Easy target."

As I mentioned in the other thread, Hey Arnold also did the same plot of characters who play hooky getting the worst of it, while the people who stayed at school enjoy themselves to an absurd extent. Will he be claiming that as an atrocity, since he claimed "it ruins the realism"?

Anchuent Dictata

Primordial Manajerk
kiwifarms.net
Come on, kids... let's say it again: "Easy target."

As I mentioned in the other thread, Hey Arnold also did the same plot of characters who play hooky getting the worst of it, while the people who stayed at school enjoy themselves to an absurd extent. Will he be claiming that as an atrocity, since he claimed "it ruins the realism"?
He specifically mentions the Hey Arnold one. Saying "So when one [Nineties cartoon] fails, they all fail."

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
"I don't like asshole characters, so that's the norm!Everyone hates them!"
And in the little captions, he says spongebob rarely shows a computer because Karen doesn't exist apparently.This also explains why he complains about Computers in his cliches list,he thinks it dates the show.
He rants about the Rollercoaster, yet complains when someone finds a logical flaw in his precious project

He complains about pandering to kids, again, yet he doesn't seem to understand that many shows he likes, are pandering to manchildren(I would say adults, but that would be lying)

But overall, it was an easy target.

• Agree
Reactions: DoctorButler

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
@Anchuent Dictata: What the hell?

@Someone: The man not only doesn't understand the concept of an asshole character who can be funny, but also a character who has assholish traits but is still sympathetic.

Computers are pretty much not likely to go away, so I don't think they'll date the show that much.

It's hard for a show not to be dated, really; maybe next he'll rant about how Looney Tunes features all these references to celebrities he's never heard of. (Or Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, etc.)

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Computers are pretty much not likely to go away, so I don't think they'll date the show that much.

It's hard for a show not to be dated, really; maybe next he'll rant about how Looney Tunes features all these references to celebrities he's never heard of.
And it all comes back to Enter's hypocrisy again, he really thinks only the shows he hates will be dated, while the ones he likes he calls them timeless, when some of then even had fucking MEME references in them, outdated ones even by their time.
To be fair, nowadays, making reference jokes is actually really dificult, because it may not be relevant a week for now.

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
@Someone: This is why a lot of popular shows just reference things that happened years or months ago.

I honestly don't think My Little Pony is going to be timeless.
I don't think it will be overly hated and loved like it is now. Its reception will become the equivalent to what the Magic School Bus is like today. It will be a forgettable and average cartoon that not many will talk about. The bronies might be referenced in the future due to how bad their fanbase is.

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
@Someone: This is why a lot of popular shows just reference things that happened years or months ago.

I honestly don't think My Little Pony is going to be timeless.
Well
This is a show that had a "Grumpy Cat" reference, yet Enter thinks it'll be remenbered dearly

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
@ZSponge: The Magic School Bus had Lily Tomlin, though. What does My Little Pony have?
If your talking about in terms of famous actors who played various roles, MLP has a person from Star Trek who voiced Q who plays a minor reoccurring character known as Discord, Tara Strong who played voices in various well known childhood cartoons like Scooby Doo and she plays the main character of the show, and Werid Al played a character who appeared in the episode. Even though the characters are played by famous voice actors, a better question is will their roles be memorable?

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
@ZSponge: Tara Strong's a voice actress, though; they don't really count as famous.

Your other two examples do count. Weird Al's done some animated voice work, though...

• Informative
Reactions: kuzronk
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino