• ”I am not a lolcow. I had enough. This is bullshit.”

Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Niachu, Feb 5, 2013.

1. no, not really. Especially these days, where creativity is limited really to either high school shows, loli-based shows and shows where the protagonist dies and ends up in a fantasy world.

• Feels Feels x 5
    Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy (Cheesy 80s music intensifies)

kiwifarms.net
  2. Yeah, there's two near me.

Damn, you must have some of the shittiest B&Ns I have heard of. Both of the ones near me have the latest stuff in stock, in generally excellent condition, and I'm almost always the only one in the manga section.

REGENDarySumanai

REGENDarySumanai Man of excellent taste

kiwifarms.net
  3. That's how mine is. I'm just glad they have something at all even if it feels like I'm the only person ever interested in it. They're really the only bookstore I have left around here (retail anyway). I miss a local shop I used to go to before Borders bought them out.

Trilby

Trilby The Alt-Centrist

kiwifarms.net
  4. Will Vegeta be able to defeat Jiren? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Super, "Prideful till the end! Vegeta Falls!!”

• Winner Winner x 4
    SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart SOO FUCKING CRAZY
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Trilby

Trilby The Alt-Centrist

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Steamboat_Bill

Steamboat_Bill Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee

kiwifarms.net
  5. Nothing but classics!

Incidentally, someone out there uploaded an English dub of Anne of Green Gables. Interesting that one managed to get a dub (apparently done in South Africa).

• Like Like x 1
    #3587 Trilby, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Trilby

Trilby The Alt-Centrist

kiwifarms.net
  6. I normally despise dubbed anime, but Ghost Stories may have the best dub ever. It goes past 'gag dub' and into 'they just didn't care.' If you can get through an episode without cracking up, you have no soul. Hell, even the subtitles are hilarious. I give you:
    gibberish.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    American Lollinator Mace

American Lollinator Mace Dykes! Dykes! PUSSY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  7. Reminded Discotek Media uploaded episodes on YouTube a while back!

• Informative Informative x 1
    Trilby

Trilby The Alt-Centrist

kiwifarms.net
  8. I keep meaning to get a hard copy of that series.

SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. They were given completely free reign of the Ghost Stories dub because of how badly the Japanese version bombed. The director pretty much said “do whatever you want as long as it makes money.” And yes, it’s a thing of beauty. I can only imagine how much fun the voice actors had.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    R.A.E.L.

R.A.E.L. Sugarbaby

kiwifarms.net
  10. Wasn't it like an unwritten rule for that dub that whoever got to record first basically "penned" out what the "story" for the episode was going to be? It'd at least explain why it is in the first episode when the born-again Christian asked if anyone accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, Greg Ayres' character replied "No, I'm Jewish".

• Like Like x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Mewtwo Strikes Back

kiwifarms.net
  11. I believe as long as they stick to certain plot points, they were free to do whatever with the rest. It’s half riff, half abridged series.

• Agree Agree x 3
    SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I finished Stone Ocean recently and it was great. Pucci is one of the best villains in the series to this point.
    It's funny how by the end a bunch of people riding a bullet is the least crazy thing that's happening.

kiwifarms.net
  13. Black Lagoon is the GOAT dub.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ForgedBlades

ForgedBlades Milled wedges.

kiwifarms.net
  14. Pucci isn't topped until Steel Ball Run. A lot of people give Stone Ocean crap but I loved it.

Coster

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. trombonista

trombonista ナイスハレンチ
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I'm currently watching Napping Princess and I just can't even with this movie right now. The main character's a fucking dumb-ass who literally believed the fairy tale her father told her (as some allegory about the falling out between him and his wife's family and their automobile companies not just because they eloped but because apparently the father stole secrets/ideas to use for his own work) was all about her being a magic user princess (who uses a tablet for her magic) from some communist-esque kingdom thwarting and running from bad guys. Except you can't pass off hacking into technology as magic, not in a futuristic setting, present or fantasy world.

Also this shot is just so fucking stupid that it's no wonder the one guy's being painted as the bad guy and not to be trusted.
    lolwut.png

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I'm hearing a good number of 4KIDS actors in this. So at least it's a comforting confirmation they're still finding work.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Mewtwo Strikes Back

kiwifarms.net
  17. yeah, most NYAV dubs still use the NY pool in conjunction with the LA pool.

Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy (Cheesy 80s music intensifies)

kiwifarms.net
  18. of course, we cant have him beeing the star of the show for too long.
    gotta go back to kakarrrrotcake's dicksucking.
    Even fucking trunks managed to get his moment of glory in super, by defeating a guy much stronger than him with his stupid sword. Giving that to virginia, would be too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.