• ”this place is fucking weird”

Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Niachu, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I know some of the actual animation for Japanese anime is done in the Philippines (is it mostly for Toei or do other anime studios have grunt work facilities down there?) but is there much animation produced for the domestic Pinoy market? Perhaps Trese, even if it's mainly being produced elsewhere in Southeast Asia, could create a worldwide market for Philippanimation? Filipanimation? Pilipinanime?

• Like Like x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    sasazuka

sasazuka Standing in the school hallway.

kiwifarms.net
  2. pZipEom.png

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. My love and nostalgia for the franchise aside, I'm mainly going in wanting stellar animation, expressive art styles, impressive fight coreography and a strong screen play, and would regard a passable-to-decent plot as an optional, but welcome, plus. Not gonna lie, at first I hated the idea of the movie redoing Broly (especially since we've practically had a female version in the series not so long ago) as well as incorporating aspects of Dragon Ball Minus (which has got to be the worst thing ever written and drawn my Toriyama), but this new Broly already seems a lot more interesting than the original, and I'm cautiously optimisti Shintani and his screen writers will manage to make the updated origin story at least work better than the barely coherent mess that was DBM, even though Bardock's TV special will probably still end up being vastly superior.

I just hope they will still incorporate Kakarot being originally sent to Earth to conquer it, as well as being a little savage before suffering the head trauma that had "tamed him", those are some pretty key aspects to his character thoughout late Dragon Ball. I also wouldn't mind if Goku and Vegeta would have to confront their Saiyan heritage though Broly and Paragus in a more meaningful way rather than "we fight" or "us saiyans are able to constantly break our limits".

That being said, good presetation, storyboarding and directing can elevate even a basic bitch plot (just look at Mad Max: Fury Road), and I'm pretty sure this won't be an Evolution or The Last Jedi level travesty, rather it will be one of the best additions to the franchise in recent memory, as it will definitely be the best looking OVA Dragon Ball has ever gotten so far. I say go in for the eye candy, style and fan service, and be ready that the plot might just be servicable at best (then again, none of the DB\Z OVAS are famous for their incredible writing).

While I thought I'd never say this after Resurrection F (especially its piss poor adaptatio in Super), I've actually loved Frieza during the Tournament of Power. I'd love it if he'd become a sort of "anti-villain", who still does his own thing and plots to destroy the protagonists, but is also willing to form a temporary alliance with them against a common foe if it's in his interest. Personally I think that offers something unique (at least b DB standard) rather than the usual shtick of DB villain where they die and are never heard of again or just become straight up friends with Goku. It's the kind of wild card aspect I really hope they will emphatize with Beerus as well instead of just turning him into another exposition-spouting background statist.

ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself

kiwifarms.net
  4. Looks like Netflix is gonna do a Pacific Rim anime:

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/pacific-rim-anime-series-coming-to-netflix

It's a possibility, if Korea and China are trying maybe they can. Philippines also did animations for a lot of Cartoon Network shows. They also do some of their own manga:

https://mangapark.me/manga/looking-for-a-better-boyfriend

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. the Problems I have with frieza being alive after the last dbs arc are:

1) he knows what he has to in order to kill goku and veggy but, he still doesnt do it (aka train and do it properly)
    2) I really dont see how vegeta would be fine, with having the guy who eradicated his whole race, being alive and well.
    Especially because at this point he is so much stronger than freeziepop, that he could squash him like a bug.

This kind of setup would make more sense with a villain like cell, who is kind of a free spirit and doesnt share a mutual hate boner with anyone but gohan the irrelevant.

Nazi vegeta

Nazi vegeta tfs vegeta

kiwifarms.net
  6. So a Dragon ball z composer got elected to Texas State Senate unfortunately he's a democrat :islamic:

• Informative Informative x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Fucking finally. I heard there was supposed to be a cartoon series made before the sequel came out, but news of it disappeared and far as I know it didn't happen--maybe this is that series, I dunno. But who better to make a cartoon about giant mechs fighting aliens than an Asian country?

*hops back on the hypetrain and proceeds to blow and break the whistle*

• Feels Feels x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Onii-chan complex

kiwifarms.net
  8. Prepare to be unimpressed. Steel Ball Run was great, but it feels like Jojolion drags on forever, and it's still not done yet.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. They also have an opening from Man With A Mission aka the guys that told us about database,database just living in the database woah oh.

It also takes them 12 fucking episodes to stop using god awful cgi fire.

Urashiyama the undefeated is definitely my favourite though.

Ponderous Pillock

Ponderous Pillock I have no mouth and I must meme
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. I agree that a lot of stuff about it is up in the air, especially why Vegeta just lets Frieza live, but I'm happy with the potential Frieza brings to the series. I guess it's all up to whether they'll address all this in the continuation of Super or if they'll just try to sweep it under the rug and hope nobody notices or bothers to complain. As for why Frieza doesn't hit the gym, in case he indeed stop training after ToP, they might do a classic Toriyama asspull and say he's reached his limits and can't grow a lot stronger with his current method, that is, till the plot demands him to suddenly become stronger.

Thanks for reminding me of that show, it really looks promising but somehow I forgot about it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #4630 ShittyRecolor, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself

kiwifarms.net
  11. Anyone know if Horizon is getting another season?
    The LNs were long, holy shit.

bigoogabaloogas

bigoogabaloogas its not racist its the 50s

kiwifarms.net
  12. Heard on twitter Crunchyroll apparently lost most of its shows. Anyone care to explain?

kiwifarms.net
  13. Looks like a whole stack of shows got yanked or stuffed in the vault. Which doesn't sound good at all for Crunchyroll.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. What kind of a massive casual uses Crunchyroll when Kissanime and torrents exist?

• Like Like x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Looking into it, seems to be mostly ASCII media and production IG shows that got pulled.

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. >Production IG
    >nothing of value was lost

You take that right back

• Like Like x 4
    RomanesEuntDomus

RomanesEuntDomus May contain nuts.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. NEVER!

Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    RomanesEuntDomus

RomanesEuntDomus May contain nuts.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. It is funny though as they'd only just added ghost in the shell arise in, what? September? Still on Netflix though so fuckit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.