Anime/Manga -

garlicfarmer

kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, both anime adaptations of Hunter X Hunter are incredible (well, beside the Greed Island OVAs). A tribute to Yu Yu Hakusho would make tons of sense, seeing as both YYH and HXH were created by Yoshihiro Togashi. I wonder if it's slowly time to start adapting the rest of the manga to animation, even though it's still far from being finished as far as I can remember.
It's hard to say if the HxH anime will ever come back. We're getting closer to the 10th year anniversary for the 2011 anime which is crazy. Togashi said in an interview that fans can consider the place where the 2011 anime finished to be the ending of the series, what he is doing in the manga right now is more of an epilogue of sorts I suppose where he can explore more crazy ideas. I think it's for the best if we assume it won't return. It will be great if it does, but right now there's not that much incentive considering whenever new manga volumes release, they fairly consistently sell 1 million copies, I don't think anything else besides new One Piece volumes manage to achieve that at the moment.

So, uh....that ending of the latest chapter of ChainsawMan....wow.
What the fuck.

Reactions: Akumaten

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Found out yesterday there was an OVA that came out in the early 90's all about a dog's love for the master's daughter that goes behind simple petting!

View attachment 762920

Would you believe it's on YouTube as we speak?
[/spoiler
Lmao I saw this three years ago, then I "recommended" it to someone, and it broke them. It's bit of an in-joke between us.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
So, uh....that ending of the latest chapter of ChainsawMan....wow.
Never even heard of that manga before you comment. Checked out the first chapter, and I have to say I'm hooked. Thanks!

Found out yesterday there was an OVA that came out in the early 90's all about a dog's love for the master's daughter that goes behind simple petting!

View attachment 762920

[/spoiler
Poor Rin Tin Tin deserves better than to have degeneracy like this named after him.

It's hard to say if the HxH anime will ever come back. We're getting closer to the 10th year anniversary for the 2011 anime which is crazy. Togashi said in an interview that fans can consider the place where the 2011 anime finished to be the ending of the series, what he is doing in the manga right now is more of an epilogue of sorts I suppose where he can explore more crazy ideas. I think it's for the best if we assume it won't return. It will be great if it does, but right now there's not that much incentive considering whenever new manga volumes release, they fairly consistently sell 1 million copies, I don't think anything else besides new One Piece volumes manage to achieve that at the moment.
Holy Hell, 2021 really is less than 2 years away, isn't it? That's crazy. But yeah, recent HXH really feels like a sand box of world building and political intrigue rather than a hero's journey type of tale. At the very least it was hinted that Gon might be able to find something on the dark continent that could restore his connection to his nen, so there's always a slight chance Togashi might put some more focus back on him in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelPlatedHeart

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Poor Rin Tin Tin deserves better that to have degeneracy like this named after him.
That is true. Yet there's a part of me that finds it funny such a thing exists at all, and came out at the right time and place for it (in Japan of course). The OVA boom seemed to had given the green light to any project big or small that didn't fit the normal channels at all based on demographics or content, and very often small manga titles like this managed to find producers ready to splurged where they felt necessary. Kennel Tokorozawa is a good example of that excess.

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
That is true. Yet there's a part of me that finds it funny such a thing exists at all, and came out at the right time and place for it (in Japan of course). The OVA boom seemed to had given the green light to any project big or small that didn't fit the normal channels at all based on demographics or content, and very often small manga titles like this managed to find producers ready to splurged where they felt necessary. Kennel Tokorozawa is a good example of that excess.
Oh, certainly! It's really weird how tonally it feels like your typical teen-oriented, ecchi laden romantic comedy anime, like it almost feels like it would've been less weird if the creators would've owned up to it and went full hentai.

Come to think of it, when dealing with ecchi stuff in material aimed at teenagers, it can be tricky to make it so it feels like it was honestly made to entertain teens struggling with their hormones instead of it feeling like some creep's self-gratification disguised as teen fiction. I think early Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2 are pretty great examples of doing it right. To my 10-12 year old self at least both shows felt like they were directly catering to me, without the creepy afterthought of "the sickos who had drawn these probably got off on it".

• Agree
Reactions: Pina Colada

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, certainly! It's really weird how tonally it feels like your typical teen-oriented, ecchi laden romantic comedy anime, like it almost feels like it would've been less weird if the creators would've owned up to it and went full hentai.
It does seem like it's straddling that line between the former and latter. I suppose the absurdity of a dog wanting to fuck his human without going all the way was enough to get it out there (unless the manga goes even further).

Come to think of it, when dealing with ecchi stuff in material aimed at teenagers, it can be tricky to make it so it feels like it was honestly made to entertain teens struggling with their hormones instead of it feeling like some creep's self-gratification disguised as teen fiction. I think early Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2 are pretty great examples of doing it right. To my 10-12 year old self at least both shows felt like they were directly catering to me, without the creepy afterthought of "the sickos who had drawn these probably got off on it".
That is true of those shows you cite. I think with OVA's, they might've skewered a bit older but it's hard to tell how honest that is. You certainly didn't feel icky with Dragon Ball or Ranma 1/2, but of course those did get aired on television where such exposure wasn't limited (unless by concerned parents), those shows were given near prime-time slots too.

• Winner
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
It does seem like it's straddling that line between the former and latter. I suppose the absurdity of a dog wanting to fuck his human without going all the way was enough to get it out there (unless the manga goes even further).

That is true of those shows you cite. I think with OVA's, they might've skewered a bit older but it's hard to tell how honest that is. You certainly didn't feel icky with Dragon Ball or Ranma 1/2, but of course those did get aired on television where such exposure wasn't limited (unless by concerned parents), those shows were given near prime-time slots too.
Oh, absolutely! Kinda hope Dragon Ball Super will be aired in a better time slot once it comes back. Like Once Piece, the blood and gore gets cut back due to it airing early in the morning, and as much as I liked DBS, faults and all, it just feels wrong as the successor of the show that was many people's first toon with actual, "real" violence.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

garlicfarmer

kiwifarms.net
Oh, absolutely! Kinda hope Dragon Ball Super will be aired in a better time slot once it comes back. Like Once Piece, the blood and gore gets cut back due to it airing early in the morning, and as much as I liked DBS, faults and all, it just feels wrong as the successor of the show that was many people's first toon with actual, "real" violence.
The place where DBS aired is actually one of the best TV anime time blocks. It's an incredibly popular and sought after slot because it's watched by millions. Newer DB anime seem to be airing on there since Dragon Ball Kai from 2009. I'm not saying a new potential DB TV anime can't air in a new place, but it is unlikely when Toei seems to more or less exclusively have access to that time slot and right now their new GeGeGe no Kitaro anime is airing there. This is just one of the many negatives regarding anime being primarily a medium tied to television networks in Japan.

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The place where DBS aired is actually one of the best TV anime time blocks. It's an incredibly popular and sought after slot because it's watched by millions. Newer DB anime seem to be airing on there since Dragon Ball Kai from 2009. I'm not saying a new potential DB TV anime can't air in a new place, but it is unlikely when Toei seems to more or less exclusively have access to that time slot and right now their new GeGeGe no Kitaro anime is airing there. This is just one of the many negatives regarding anime being primarily a medium tied to television networks in Japan.
I wouldn't doubt this fact. TV networks do have a lot of sway in what makes or breaks anime for decades. Still it's kinda interesting they were able to make a popular block in the morning outside the original "Golden Hour" in Japan, though I suppose viewers dedicated enough will watch anyway.

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
Oh, I don't doubt that time slot is great for the views; after all, DB has a pretty timeless appeal to kids and teens. I just miss seeing blood more regularly in DB. I guess "better wasn't the best phrase for DB's airing spot, I should've used "a spot that enables the creators to cater more to my tastes".
Still, kudos to the animators and screen writers (especially in the later arcs) who were able to make the fight scenes feel real and impactful despite the lack of blood. You know you're great at character acting when you can convey brutality and pain just with facial epressions alone:

Last edited:
  • Agree

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
That dog-fucker OVA kinda reminds me of Guru Guru Pon-chan, which I actually wouldn't mind seeing an anime adaptation of.
That sounds much more innocent than the OVA. But it's an old shoujo that never got an anime adaptation when it could've, so I sadly don't see it happening. Seems like not enough shoujo titles get anime, especially these days, if they're not super-duper popular enough. Though if that was true, Black Bird would've gotten an anime, so I just think the anime industry doesn't believe shoujo has much of a place these days, especially not with shows like PreCure and PriPara taking up the girls' attentions. Last shoujo title I can think of that was big (besides Fruits Basket right now) was My Love Story!!, and that was like a few years ago, and yet there's no plans to make another season.

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I don't doubt that time slot is great for the views; after all, DB has a pretty timeless appeal to kids and teens. I just miss seeing blood more regularly in DB. I guess "better wasn't the best phrase for DB's airing spot, I should've used "a spot that enables to creators to cater more to my tastes".
Still, kudos to the animators and screen writers (especially in the later arcs) who were able to make the fight scenes feel real and impactful despite the lack of blood. You know when you're great at character acting when you can convey brutality and pain just with facial epressions alone:
Sometimes being creative can help over imposed limits.

• Agree
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 762920

Never heard of this (how Lucky of me) But it reminded me a bit of Dash Kappei in concept, where you had the dog and the main protagonist, constantly battling for the girl's attention.

I could only manage to find the spanish and italian ops on youtube, so that will make do.

Last edited:
  • Agree

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
WataMote also recently had a pervy dog show up at high school in a vignette in chapter 142 of the manga.

Page 1
Page 2

I think it's because the Japanese command for "beg" is "chinchin", which also means "penis" and the dog probably doesn't know that Masaki Yoshida, the short-haired "delinquent" girl, doesn't have one. It would also seem that this dog was trained to pleasure its owner.

• Informative

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino