Anime/Manga -

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
Ayyyyyyy.
Wooh!

Netflix’s Eva redub is also in June and I’m...mixed on it, mainly because we know fuck all about the new cast and the changes they’ll make on top of Netflix’s already spotty track record. It’s basically the anime equivalent of a leap of faith, either it’ll be an expected pleasant surprise or it’ll just reaffirm your first instinct and kill you

Last edited by a moderator:

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haha, isn't it weird how yo-yos used to be the fidget spinners of the '90s (and the '60s. And the '30s...)? Even the Smurfs had an episode on them with a themed around how treds come and go.
At least you could do more with a yo-yo than with a fidget spinner. I loved the Duncan line of Yo-yos and wanted nothing else!

• Winner
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder why they haven't revealed the new cast for Evangelion yet?
Netflix probably doesn't reveal that prior to the audience seeing the credits (like lol, who watches the credits through Netflix, anyway?). But if they don't reveal the voice cast next week, just going to have to assume they're legit nobodies Netflix hired, because if they were in other Netflix anime shows like Devilman: Crybaby, they'd have said so.

Though wouldn't it be hilarious if Bryce Papenbrook is Shinji. :story:

• Agree
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: jellycar and Trilby

jellycar

Patty Hearst/Mariya Takeuchi/Angela Carter
kiwifarms.net
Netflix probably doesn't reveal that prior to the audience seeing the credits (like lol, who watches the credits through Netflix, anyway?). But if they don't reveal the voice cast next week, just going to have to assume they're legit nobodies Netflix hired, because if they were in other Netflix anime shows like Devilman: Crybaby, they'd have said so.

Lmao fuck. Nepotism Papenbrook? Lolol with Caitlin Glass as Misato, Cherami Leigh as Asuka, Ashly Birch as Rei, Max Mittleman as Kaworu, and Kristen Potter as Ritsuko (tbh I can see the latter working out well. Listen to her in Persona 5 and Trauma Center)

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net

I don't think Netflix would want another AICO: Incarnation under their belts. it's probably NDA bullshit at play.

Also, Bryce is shit and the only reason people still hire him for anything is because he's the son of an actually good voice actor who died on us.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel bad for Bryce, honestly, I just think he gets pigeonholed too much. His first (major) roles as a main character were in Eiken and Genma Wars, and those are two anime no one should've had to use as the springboard for their career (I still scratch my head that Richard Epcar got cast in the latter), and those could've been embarrassing for him. Maybe he really wanted to work more alongside his dad, and it is sad he can't reach the same legacy as Bob, but I can't hate him.

Akumaten

kiwifarms.net
I don't think Netflix would want another AICO: Incarnation under their belts. it's probably NDA bullshit at play.

Also, Bryce is shit and the only reason people still hire him for anything is because he's the son of an actually good voice actor who died on us.
I kinda like his Asbel role from Tales of Graces

jellycar

Patty Hearst/Mariya Takeuchi/Angela Carter
kiwifarms.net
I don't hate him either but nepotism is a bitch. I am just tired of hearing him in stuff lol. Same with Max Mittleton, Cristina Vee, Stephanie Sheh, Kate Higgins, Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, etc.

Although then we get amateur actors. I remember one of the actors in Dynasty Warriors did a Reddit AMA. Apparently the voice director was awful. I feel bad for the actors.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
At least you could do more with a yo-yo than with a fidget spinner. I loved the Duncan line of Yo-yos and wanted nothing else!
Oh, absolutely. The only really cool thing you can do with fidget spinners is breaking them apart an building something cooler out of them, but that kinda goes beyond its intended meta. Kinda like the difference between playing with LEGO and modding action figures.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The creator of Ranma, Urusei Yatsura and Inuyasha has a new manga called Mao, not to be confused by that upcoming show in Cartoon Network:

Be interesting to see where she goes with this, and hopefully find just as much longevity with it as with her others.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
The creator of Ranma, Urusei Yatsura and Inuyasha has a new manga called Mao, not to be confused by that upcoming show in Cartoon Network:

Ooh, nice! Interesting to hear about "two worlds interconnecting" in the premise, wonder if it's about alternate realities or maybe the realms of the dead\monsters vs the realm of the living\humans. I wouldn't mind the second, as I really liked her take on monsters and folklore in Mermaid Saga.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino