Anime/Manga -

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
So, I was reminded of an anime I forgot about from 2002 called Witch Hunter Robin, which might have aired on Adult Swim, I can't remember, but if it did I never watched it.

It looks very 2002, which is appealing to me, is it worth watching?

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, I was reminded of an anime I forgot about from 2002 called Witch Hunter Robin, which might have aired on Adult Swim, I can't remember, but if it did I never watched it.

It was on Adult Swim, yeah. I remember watching a few episodes of it.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It was on Adult Swim, yeah. I remember watching a few episodes of it.
I regret not watching it, I regret skipping any anime that aired on Adult Swim back in the day because it's not like I had anything better to do as a teen, but for whatever reason I was picky and there were some major ones they aired that I just didn't watch, most notably Wolf's Rain and Inuyasha.

SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I regret not watching it, I regret skipping any anime that aired on Adult Swim back in the day because it's not like I had anything better to do as a teen, but for whatever reason I was picky and there were some major ones they aired that I just didn't watch, most notably Wolf's Rain and Inuyasha.
Adult Swim and late night G4 were my go to for anime back in the day.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Adult Swim and late night G4 were my go to for anime back in the day.
It was the same for me and also with G4 there were series they aired that I never watched and regret now.

Dunno why I was so picky, though I would say I still watched the lion's share of anime on both Adult Swim and Tech TV/G4 aired, but since I loved anime so much I don't understand why I didn't watch everything, just one of those things you did in your youth you can't really understand as an adult.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Don't regret ever skipping Pilot Candidate if that was also one you "missed out" on.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net

Yes

According to Doug Stone on his Facebook, Michael Lindsay was in rather poor health at the end of the 2000s/start of the new '10s so he moved away to Maryland. He got remarried and had two children before his passing. Another friend from outside the business said that Michael had always had a frail condition and that it had finally caught up with him (mainly from liver failure, but the friend said there were plenty of other problems).

So sad for Digimon fans, on top of losing Robert Axelrod in the same month.

Why do the good eggs always die?

SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also for anyone who doesn't know Murcielago has a spinoff manga now with the sniper chick from the murder mansion arc as the main character.

Having now read the majority of the manga.....
I don’t trust that police lady at all. And this is a manga full of serial killers and crazy people.

• Agree
Reactions: Violence Jack

Remove Goat

oh god
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for anime to watch soon with my roommate but I've pretty much exhausted all of the normie and normie-adjacent stuff that isn't shit like SAO, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, etc.

Afro Samurai (pretty meh tbh)
Code Geass
Fist of the North Star (after Raoh dies, there is no more FOTNS)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Jojo parts 1-5
One Punch Man (season 2 was shit)
Yu Yu Hakusho
City Hunter
Hunter X Hunter (taking a break before the Chimera Ant arc)
Mobile Suit Gundam, the first one
(We tend to juggle at least 4 series at a time)
Bobobo Bo-Bobobo
Death Note (Up until the part where Light tries to get his dad to use the Death Note)
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 (Like the last 3 episodes are left)
Hellsing Ultimate (probably going to drop it unless it gets much better after when the nazis attack the anglo menace)
Ghost Stories (IDK when)
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing the Series
Ghost in the Shell (p much everything, movies and series wise)
Inuyasha
Outlaw Star
Soul Eater
FLCL
Konosuba
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Naruto (or really any long running series)

If anyone's got any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hellsing Ultimate (probably going to drop it unless it gets much better after when the nazis attack the anglo menace)
Arguably it gets much better when Police Girl starts being the main character instead of baggage in her arc. Skip the adaptation though, it's pretty meh.

Skip Inuyasha it's too damn long and it's all filler. It also pissed me off how every problem could be solved with Miroku's black hole hand but main antagonist left his demon bees everywhere to counter it even when he was otherwise completely uninvolved in the episode.

• Informative
Reactions: Remove Goat

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
The Hellsing TV series is worth watching IMHO as long as you don’t mind deviation from the manga's plot. The main villain kinda sucks but it fleshes Seras out more, plus Alucard and Integra have a few nice moments together. There's basically less action and more focus on the characters themselves, but if that's not your thing you may wanna skip it. You should definitely finish Ultimate though, along with the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist.

That aside, I recommend Trigun, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.

Last edited:

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for anime to watch soon with my roommate but I've pretty much exhausted all of the normie and normie-adjacent stuff that isn't shit like SAO, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, etc.

Code Geass
Jojo parts 1-5
Yu Yu Hakusho
City Hunter
Bobobo Bo-Bobobo
Death Note (Up until the part where Light tries to get his dad to use the Death Note)
Ghost Stories (IDK when)
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing the Series
Inuyasha
Outlaw Star
Soul Eater
FLCL
Konosuba

NOIR BITCH. WATCH NOIR

Paleololicon

kiwifarms.net

Code Geass
Jojo parts 1-5
Yu Yu Hakusho
City Hunter
Bobobo Bo-Bobobo
Ghost Stories (IDK when)
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing the Series
Inuyasha
Outlaw Star
Soul Eater
FLCL
Konosuba

I was 99% sure I wasn't going to like Konosuba before I watched it. Got hooked immediately. I'd give it a shot.

If you like hip-hop (not sure since you said Afro Sam was "meh") you could give Samurai Champloo a go.

If you want more horror after Ghost stories, there's Another, which is really good. I also enjoyed the episodes of Chrono Crusade that I saw. A nun with a demon familiar hunt down and exorcise demons.

Since you guys seem to be men of culture as well and enjoy mecha, I'd get into Patlabor. The ova series is good if you like 80's anime with quirky humor but the film is kino. It was directed by Mamoru Oshii, the same guy that directed GitS. He also made another film in the 80's called Angel's Egg. It's one of my favorites but it's weird, just to give you a heads-up.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
So there’s a chance a Gundam SEED film will be completed after all?

Singer T.M. Revolution(Takanori Nishikawa) performed on the first day of "Gundam 40th Fes. 'Live-Beyond'," the concerts celebrating the 40th anniversary of the first Gundam anime, on Saturday. At the end of his set, he reported that he asked the Mobile Suit Gundam Seed anime's staff about the announced Gundam Seed film project, and relayed that it is "moving along."

Nishikawa first sang his "Zips" and "ignited" theme songs from the various Mobile Suit Gundam Seed projects, followed by a cover of Daisuke Inoue's "Ai Senshi" (Soldiers of Sorrow) theme song from the second film in the first Mobile Suit Gundam film trilogy. Nishikawa then invited musician Hiroyuki Sawano onstage to perform "Beginning" (third Mobile Suit Gundamfilm's ending theme) and "Vigilante" (Mobile Suit Gundam NT insert song) together.

Before his final song of the day, Nishikawa noted that it has been 15 years since the second Gundam Seed television series, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny, aired. He acknowledged that he is still talking all about the announced Gundam Seed film project, long after many had given up hope of its release. He told the audience that he asked Sunrise and Bandai Namco Entertainment that day, "What is happening with Gundam Seed?" According to Nishikawa, the staff responded, "It's moving along." Nishikawa then urged fans to pray for the completion of the film project as he sang the "Invoke" opening theme to the first Gundam Seed series.

Chiaki Morosawa, the head scriptwriter for the two Gundam Seed series, passed away at the age of 56 in 2016. She had been collaborating with her husband Mitsuo Fukuda, who directed both Gundam Seed television series, on the planned Gundam Seed film project. Morosawa had explained in 2008 that the plot for the project was completed, but that she had been ill since the end of the Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny sequel in 2005.

The first Mobile Suit Gundam Seed television anime aired from 2002 to 2003, followed by Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny from 2004 to 2005. The three-part Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E.73: Stargazer anime project followed in 2006. Sony Music Anime Festival '06 announced the planned film project in May 2006.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Gad Guard and Vandread are two of my favorites.
Gad Guard's mechs had to have been designed by someone who worked on Mega Man, right? I swear I know that style.

Vandread was surprisingly fun for being a show about gender politics, although I think the second season had a drop-off. Didn't keep me as invested like the first half did. That twist with the one character caught me off-guard, though, like what the fuuuuck lol.

SteelPlatedHeart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gad Guard's mechs had to have been designed by someone who worked on Mega Man, right? I swear I know that style.

Vandread was surprisingly fun for being a show about gender politics, although I think the second season had a drop-off. Didn't keep me as invested like the first half did. That twist with the one character caught me off-guard, though, like what the fuuuuck lol.
Google tells me Gad Guard’s character design ms were by this guy:
Based on original designs by this guy:

I actually ended up seeing the second season of Gad Guard before the first because of how it was airing on a cable station, so I’m more attached to the 2nd season. But yeah, good twists.

Plus the second season has that one Bart episode.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino