Anime/Manga -

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Promo of 5th Tenchi OVA

The official website for the fifthseason of the Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki original video anime (OVA) series revealed on Friday that the season will have six total home video releases, with the first release slated for February 28, 2020. The rest of the releases are slated for May 29, 2020; August 28, 2020; November 27, 2020; February 26, 2021; and May 28, 2021. Those who purchase all six releases will receive a novel featuring the drafted plot of the season.
- https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-01/5th-tenchi-muyo-ova-season-promo-video-reveals-6-volume-length/.152862

By the way dig this crazy piece: Gundam creator criticizes Makoto Shinkai for lack of sexual intimacy his works

Mobile Suit Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino has been very outspoken in the lead up to the release of the first Gundam: Reconguista in Gcompilation film on November 29. In an interview with Japan's Weekly Playboymagazine, he spoke about his aspirations for Gundam: Reconguista in G. One particularly standout comment came out regarding Kyoto Animation and Makoto Shinkaiworks.

Tomino said that he created Gundam: Reconguista in G to resemble the anime he used to watch as a child. However, these kinds of works have been superseded by Kyoto Animation and Shinkai works. When asked what he thought of Kyoto Animation and Shinkai anime, he said, "I see them as my rivals. From my generation's perspective, you don't have to go out of your way to make an anime that feels like an introspective novel ('I novel')." He then went on to describe Shinkai's works as "stories about a boy and a girl who are always stretching out their hands towards each other," and said, "And yet the boy's hand never reaches the girl's crotch."

"Why do they never go any further?" Tomino went on. "I want him to make a story where they aren't just satisfied with no physicality. Well, Shinkai is still a young director, so I suppose he can make films like that."

It doesn't seem like the Gundam: Reconguista in Gfilm itself will have any steamy scenes, however. In another interview with the Mainichi Shimbun's online publication Mantan-Web, Tomino said that it was "a film I want kids to see" and that "mothers and fathers will definitely not understand it."

Gundam: Reconguista in Gcelebrated the Gundamfranchise's 35th anniversary, and marked the first return of franchise creator Yoshiyuki Tomino as chief director of an original Gundam series since Turn A Gundam. After a theatrical premiere of the first three episodes in August 2014, the anime premiered on Japanese television in October 2014. Gekijōban Gundam G no Reconguista I: Ike! Core Fighter (Go! Core Fighter), the first of the planned five compilation films for the anime, opened in Japan on November 29.

Source: Mantan-Web, Weekly Playboy November 4 Issue #44 via Yara-On!
I wonder if he’ll get flak for this or it will be written as senility

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Trombonista

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New Pokémon anime trailer.
The eyelashes are throwing me for a loop, holy shit, who thought that was a good idea?

Promo of 5th Tenchi OVA

The official website for the fifthseason of the Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki original video anime (OVA) series revealed on Friday that the season will have six total home video releases, with the first release slated for February 28, 2020. The rest of the releases are slated for May 29, 2020; August 28, 2020; November 27, 2020; February 26, 2021; and May 28, 2021. Those who purchase all six releases will receive a novel featuring the drafted plot of the season.
- https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-01/5th-tenchi-muyo-ova-season-promo-video-reveals-6-volume-length/.152862
Omg there's still more Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki? Welp, gotta get my friend and I out of cryogenic sleep and keep trucking through our Tenchi journey, then.

By the way dig this crazy piece: Gundam creator criticizes Makoto Shinkai for lack of sexual intimacy his works

"And yet the boy's hand never reaches the girl's crotch."
:story: Your Name was probably the most sexually-charged Shinkai movie just based off the first third alone, FYI. Guess he's just mad nobody's been liking his work as of late.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
The eyelashes are throwing me for a loop, holy shit, who thought that was a good idea?

Omg there's still more Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki? Welp, gotta get my friend and I out of cryogenic sleep and keep trucking through our Tenchi journey, then.

:story: Your Name was probably the most sexually-charged Shinkai movie just based off the first third alone, FYI. Guess he's just mad nobody's been liking his work as of late.
Evidently old directors criticizing new ones for their movies' lack of sexuality is a theme now. Didn't Almodovar say the same thing about Marvel movies?

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

Maybe because Gundam Reconguista G was a disaster.

Evidently old directors criticizing new ones for their movies' lack of sexuality is a theme now. Didn't Almodovar say the same thing about Marvel movies?
Yeah he did:

Reactions: ATaxingWoman

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Was the fourth Tenchi Muyo OVA series any good? I kind of gave up after the third. I prefer the first TV series continuity anyway since it has Kiyone.

I also don't know if I want to watch anything Tenchi Muyo with wrong-sounding Mihoshi, since Mihoshi's original voice actress, Yuuko Mizutani, died from breast cancer in 2016. Takeshi Aono, the voice of Tenchi's grandfather and father, is also dead.

Token Weaboo

We're here to liberate you, stop resisting
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jesus crud, the art style for Pokemon just doesn't appear right to me. One of the OG viewers of Pokemon. I preferred the older artwork instead.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Jesus crud, the art style for Pokemon just doesn't appear right to me. One of the OG viewers of Pokemon. I preferred the older artwork instead.
I mean I tolerated the SM style because it allowed for more fluid animation. But this is just a lamer version of that. Seriously, why does the co-protagonist have eyelashes and a hair clip despite being voiced by Deku?

Reactions: Token Weaboo

Token Weaboo

We're here to liberate you, stop resisting
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean I tolerated the SM style because it allowed for more fluid animation. But this is just a lamer version of that. Seriously, why does the co-protagonist have eyelashes and a hair clip despite being voiced by Deku?
Totes a penis under that. Ash is going to get some good good from a trap this time.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I never understood the cartoon stereotype where female characters have eyelashes but male characters usually don't.

I'm a man. I don't think I'm feminine but I have eyelashes. No hair clip, though.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Dig this one shot:

A Girl Who Confesses With Rap She Just Learned. The title explains it all. As a matter of fact why are most manga/light novel titles basically the synopsis? Has creativity not only lost in the stories but naming them as well?
The Life and Strange Surprizing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, Of York, Mariner: Who lived Eight and Twenty Years, all alone in an un-inhabited Island on the Coast of America, near the Mouth of the Great River of Oroonoque; Having been cast on Shore by Shipwreck, wherein all the Men perished but himself. With An Account how he was at last as strangely deliver'd by Pyrates.

Real books have titles that summarize.

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
Or are you talking about when other places dub western cartoons/shows/movies/whatever?
my country dubs everything, but hollywood stuff usually makes millions so they put effort in and get somewhat professional voice actors that do the same celeb over years (to the extend when they dubbed solo they apparently used the same VA that did harrison ford for years). still sounds stilted and kinda fake to me - there are some dubs which imho are better than the original, spirited away got some celebs which usually don't do VA and the result is pretty awesome, similar to princess monoke's english dub. but those are ghibli movies, so...

now imagine it done in a cheap/lazy version for animes because the market simply isn't that big. video games for some reason have the same issue, even when those make millions too, but either people play in english or just don't give a crap.

he probably will for the sole reason being disingenuous. that type of relationship simply isn't part of most kyoani and shinkai stuff, but it's not like they didn't play with it. taki has no problem using mitsuha's body to the point it becoming a running gag. did he flick the bean to it? probably. and it can be assumed when they met again they were gonna fuck like rabbits. everybody else is getting married so they probably have plenty of sex too. it's simply not an important part of the story. it's like complaining you never see anyone doing taxes.

This does seem to be a thing with Japanese titles. I noticed it in an article that listed the Japanese titles of Star Trek episodes, so it's not anything new.
wait till you get to JAV.

Last edited:

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eyelashes on male characters always looks wrong to me too!

Too bad the video was turned private. Didn't have a chance to ruin my eyeballs on it.

Was the fourth Tenchi Muyo OVA series any good? I kind of gave up after the third. I prefer the first TV series continuity anyway since it has Kiyone.
I hate to say I haven't saw past the first two series simply because I heard how bad the third one was. I don't suppose series 4 or even this one will turn it around. I was a fan of 1 and 2.

I never understood the cartoon stereotype where female characters have eyelashes but male characters usually don't.
I'm sure a lot of it comes from what works best between male and female in design, and males with eyelashes never really clicked as we tend to see more feminine traits associated with eyelashes in media. It's fine drawing a male eyelid as having a slight jutted out look and stay with it (possible as a suggestion of undefined lashes).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: sasazuka

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I also don't know if I want to watch anything Tenchi Muyo with wrong-sounding Mihoshi, since Mihoshi's original voice actress, Yuuko Mizutani, died from breast cancer in 2016. Takeshi Aono, the voice of Tenchi's grandfather and father, is also dead.
I disliked Kiyone because she seemed like she existed purely to remove Mihoshi from the waifu competition (Mihoshi being second best girl after Washu, don't @ me) and to serve as a superfluous straight man when that's already Tenchi's role. I still like her better then the new girl from Tenchi In Tokyo though.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net

I'm a man. I don't think I'm feminine but I have eyelashes. No hair clip, though.
It's mostly to tell people who's supposed to be what gender. Moreso with anime since their male characters can get pretty damn feminine looking at times. Which is why I'm not all that keen with the design of the new co-protagonist for this upcoming season.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino